IA 2019, May 8-12: McGregor, Iowa Pikes Peak S.P. - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2019, 04:13 PM   #81

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidiawkhan View Post
Will there be a time where people can take a peek inside of someone else’s trailer? My husband and I have seen one Casita, but we would like to see other layouts before we purchase one.
Heidi
Fiberglass owners are always proud to allow tours anytime plus most rallys have an open house time set aside as well so visitors can tour the trailers.
Mine will be open for sure!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:16 PM   #82

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Fiberglass owners are always proud to allow tours anytime plus most rallys have an open house time set aside as well so visitors can tour the trailers.
Mine will be open for sure!
Can I conclude from your post that you will be attending the rally at Piles Peak State Park ?
If you are attending , will you be bringing your new Ford Ranger for all of us to admire ?
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:24 PM   #83

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
How is the weather/flood situation out there? We are coming from Virginia and are concerned about what route to take and ability to get gas.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:50 PM   #84

Name: Jeff & Katie
Trailer: Escape 17'
Iowa
Registry
We have a 2013 13' Scamp.. we love to visit with people! however, ours is modified/personalized, different from most you'll see!! we are Jeff and Kathy, we will be in site #29... We are hoping to check out other trailers as well! I think most in these communities love to share their love for small trailers!!
soseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:15 PM   #85

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
No major worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
How is the weather/flood situation out there? We are coming from Virginia and are concerned about what route to take and ability to get gas.
The Mississippi is in a moderate flood state, as it is most Sping years. The campground is atop a 500 foot bluff above the river, so no issues there. Weather? Likely not as warm or sunny as it could be, and it is still nearly a week out so any forecast would be a bit speculative today.
No gas availability issues that I have heard about in the Midwest.

Clear sailing, I'd say, but no guarantees.
Tom Haberski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:32 PM   #86

Central Virginia
good to hear - I just heard on the news about Davenport and my route was going through there.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:45 PM   #87

Davenport flooding

Quote:
good to hear - I just heard on the news about Davenport and my route was going through there.
Yes, some property along the river flooded when temporary dikes failed. Bad for some folks, but not wide spread flooding.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:55 PM   #88

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
High water

Quote:
No problem going anywhere north of Davenport and coming up to Pikes Peak State Park. The river crested at Davenport today and does not affect the Interstate. Whether you take highway 61 or any of the several others going north, once in Iowa There’s plenty of gasoline and probably a station every 10 miles or less all the way up the river. You will need about $2.65 US for
Every gallon you want to buy. If you stop at a Kwik star station you can get $.39 a pound bananas and onions and $.99 a dozen eggs. Iowa, land of milk, honey, the field of Dreams, and a place to grow (OLD).
If you need liquor, beer or wine or a boat, a trip across the river to Prairie duChien Wisconsin and “Starks “ sports Store will get you fixed up. Also a big grocery store there and a Cabelas. It’s only about 10 miles from the CG. When Pete’s burgers is open in Prairie, it’s quite a sandwhich. Steam table ground beef and onions in equal proportions. She’ll back up on you for a couple hours, but tasty if you like that kind of thing.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:00 PM   #89

Name: Ed
Trailer: Casita
Wisconsin
I'm coming in with a fractured leg (no cast. Walking on it) so dancing with the stars and long walks aren't in the works for me.

Everyone posting things to do makes me glad I took a few vacation days.

These rallies are taking us to places we probably wouldn't have explored otherwise.

Thank you to those that participate and especially those that schedule and setup rallies.
Wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #90

NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post
I'm coming in with a fractured leg (no cast. Walking on it) so dancing with the stars and long walks aren't in the works for me.

Everyone posting things to do makes me glad I took a few vacation days.

These rallies are taking us to places we probably wouldn't have explored otherwise.

Thank you to those that participate and especially those that schedule and setup rallies.
Glad to hear you will be able to attend . If you need a hand just say the word
Old 05-04-2019, 12:22 PM   #91

Iowa
Hope you’re bringing the kids, the Driftless center Wetland at Marquette is easy access and has a nice Wetland viewing deck. A very short walk from a paved parking lot. About 5 miles from camp. Same deal with the overlook at Pikes Peak park
Iowa Dave
Old 05-04-2019, 12:49 PM   #92

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17' Casita SD
Wisconsin
Donna and I will be on site 4, only about 20 miles from home base so we won't be traveling far ��. River is still very high, lots of flooding yet but very easy to avoid.
yyyyyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #93

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Can I conclude from your post that you will be attending the rally at Piles Peak State Park ?
If you are attending , will you be bringing your new Ford Ranger for all of us to admire ?
The latest "promise" is that my truck will be delivered on Monday the 13th.
So you'll just have to admire my Transit Connect!
Even if it does show before Wednesday, I won't tow with it for the first thousand miles.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 01:50 PM   #94

Name: Ed
Trailer: Casita
Wisconsin
All four of us will be there
Wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 02:32 PM   #95

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Kevin took the Silver Cloud to the KOA just south of us to finish dewinterizing it and to test all the functions for next week. Does not sound like very nice weather. I have 2 cousins who have found mushrooms this spring but a bit farther south.

CindyL
Old 05-04-2019, 07:28 PM   #96

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Cancelation Site#27

Due to family concerns we regret the need to cancel our reservation for site #27, hope to see you all soon.

Tony and the other Darlene
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:14 PM   #97

Central Virginia
Thanks. We are in Illinois camping now. Will be there tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:22 PM   #98

Yikes! The weather looks lousy for Wednesday

Unless tornadoes abound, we intend to arrive on Wednesday, but it sure looks bleak and rainy. Not much better Thursday, but the rain will stop, I hope, by then.

And so it goes. But then, things are forecast to get better....much better I hope, for Friday, the potluck and weekend.

bon voyage,
Old 05-06-2019, 07:38 PM   #99

NW Wisconsin
Heading out tomorrow morning for McGregor / Pikes Peak SP
Hope to make it there late in the afternoon .
The weather says sunny for Tuesday so at least we won’t be setting up camp in the rain .
At home we are supposed to have 25 deg on Thursday morning with SNOW.
The weather in Iowa sounds good to us
Old 05-06-2019, 07:55 PM   #100

Iowa
Hi Tom
Written by Tony Jo White of Folk Salad Annie fame and recorded by Brook Benton,
I may break into song doing “Rainy night in Georgia” if the drizzle keeps up. I’ve never seen tornadic activity when it’s in the 40s up in this country. Being a good Boy Scout Leader I will “Be Prepared” and dug out and loaded some tarps and rope for windscreen at the shelter if necessary. You pays your money and you takes your chance.
Could be worse, it snowed In Broadus, Montana this AM.
Iowa “can’t melt the dude” Dave