OR 2019, Oct. 3-6: Fall NOG - 2019 Northern Oregon Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2019, 04:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
2019, Oct. 3-6: Fall NOG - 2019 Northern Oregon Gathering

Oct. 3-6, 2019 Silver Falls State Park (near Salem, Oregon)

Due a 'broken' website, and a number of phone calls by Kathie N. (Dave&Kathie) to ReserveAmerica and the Oregon State Park system, we're now able to make reservations!

People call it the 'crown jewel' of the Oregon State Parks system, and once you visit, you know why. Silver Falls State Park is the kind of standout scenic treasure that puts Oregon firmly onto the national - and international - stage.

There are a TOTAL of 52 sites with electric and water at Silver Falls State Park. Two in B loop are ADA compliant. There are four yurts in B loop with trailer site parking attached. Two of those are ADA compliant. There are 10 electric and water sites in A loop at the far north end. (see attached map). If you want to attend Fall NOG, do not delay getting your reservations. To view photos of specific sites: Silver Falls State Park - Campsite Photos and Camping Information

This should be a great time to visit Silver Falls State Park. Oregon's Premier State Park! http://oregonstateparks.org/index.cf...age&parkId=151

You can either make reservations online ReserveAmerica or 1-800-452-5687 http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...&parkId=402235

Check out these sites for flower activities in the area: The Oregon Garden in Silverton, Oregon. Which also has "The Gordon House, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright." Oregon Garden an 80-acre Botanical Garden In Silverton Oregon Frank Lloyd Wright - The Gordon House - Home

The park doesn't rent/reserve shelters for use after Sept. 30. So, IF the weather is nice, we'll hold the Fri./Sat. meetups in my site. Otherwise, there's a couple of nice shelters we may be able to use. THAT decision will be made on SUNDAY, Sept. 29.

I've chosen site B3 and as usual will keep a park map updated and a list of names going for those that have made reservations here: https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...gon-gathering/
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:10 PM   #2

Name: julie
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Alabama
Hi Donna! Have not been here before. Looking at campsite photos am interested in tent sites 46-65 as are on creek. There are rv sites still available but want the perfect site w some privacy. Your thoughts? Thanks, Julie
julmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by julmar View Post
Hi Donna! Have not been here before. Looking at campsite photos am interested in tent sites 46-65 as are on creek. There are rv sites still available but want the perfect site w some privacy. Your thoughts? Thanks, Julie
Julie, because this is a fall gathering and Silver Falls is a fairly high elevation, if you CAN, get a site with services. All the unserviced tent sites are beautiful, but they're back in a heavily treed area. IF it's cold, you may be VERY cold. However, if you're looking for privacy, you'll probably get it because it's doubtful too many people will be back there.

I hope this helps. And hope to see you there!
Old 01-04-2019, 05:36 PM   #4

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Julie, because this is a fall gathering and Silver Falls is a fairly high elevation, if you CAN, get a site with services. All the unserviced tent sites are beautiful, but they're back in a heavily treed area. IF it's cold, you may be VERY cold. However, if you're looking for privacy, you'll probably get it because it's doubtful too many people will be back there.

I hope this helps. And hope to see you there!

Thank you Donna. Just the advice I was seeking.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:17 PM   #5

You are most welcome. I can only tell you about myself. I'm a very private person. I mean.. look at my goofy avatar! That's not me. When I camp by myself, I want privacy and quiet. But gatherings are different... in the morning I fix myself a cup of coffee, step outside my trailer and look around. WHO has a campfire going and do I need to bring a chair? For me, gatherings are less about 'camping' and more about meeting the people.

I wish you well
Old 01-05-2019, 05:54 PM   #6

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You are most welcome. I can only tell you about myself. I'm a very private person. I mean.. look at my goofy avatar! That's not me. When I camp by myself, I want privacy and quiet. But gatherings are different... in the morning I fix myself a cup of coffee, step outside my trailer and look around. WHO has a campfire going and do I need to bring a chair? For me, gatherings are less about 'camping' and more about meeting the people.

I wish you well

Reserved site 27. Looking forward to another nog!
Old 07-18-2019, 08:31 PM   #7

Name: Laura
Trailer: Learning about trailers
Oregon
This sounds just wonderful! Looking forward to going and meeting folks. Thank you, Donna! ��
LauraP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraP View Post
This sounds just wonderful! Looking forward to going and meeting folks. Thank you, Donna! ��
You're welcome Laura. IF you come to the park and stay overnight, let me know your accommodations... and site info. I'd like to get you on the Participants list and map. I'll be posting the schedule of events, etc. around the middle of September.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:11 PM   #9

Oregon
I’m so glad you responded to my post. After the message I received from a different organizer earlier, I was feeling pretty uncomfortable. You said exactly what I needed to hear. I’m looking forward to meeting you in real life.
Thanks,
Laura
Old 07-28-2019, 08:12 PM   #10

Name: Blake & Melissa
Trailer: 2007 Scamp 13
OREGON
Looks like all the trailer sites are full (good for you!). We get our trailer next week and would like to register even if it means a no-hook-up, tent site. Do you think that will still work even if we are a bit further away?
PDX Scampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:58 PM   #11

Oregon
I think you may have messaged the wrong person?
Old 07-28-2019, 09:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Scampo View Post
Looks like all the trailer sites are full (good for you!). We get our trailer next week and would like to register even if it means a no-hook-up, tent site. Do you think that will still work even if we are a bit further away?
Yep, as long as you fit in the site, you'd be good to go. Just know, it may be cold in October at Silver Falls State Park in October (we've had sleet and snow at previous gatherings!). As long as you're prepared for it, you'd be fine. Once you get a site reserved, let me know so I can get you on the Participants List and map. Fun times ahead!
Old 07-28-2019, 09:47 PM   #13

OREGON
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraP View Post
I think you may have messaged the wrong person?
Oops, sorry. First post and apparently getting the hang of using the forum.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:02 PM   #14

OREGON
Registered!
Blake & Melissa, site A082, 2007 Scamp 13
Buying it this week and very much looking forward to lots of ideas and advice.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:25 AM   #15

Oregon
My bad! lol I thought it was a DM! I’m a newbie, too. Sorry! ��
Old 07-29-2019, 11:59 PM   #16

Name: Randy & Ranae
Trailer: Fiber Stream
OR - Oregon
Registry
Registered: Randy and Ranae Isaac in space 98 but only for Friday and Saturday night. Bringing our 1983 Fiber Stream.
OR335d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:40 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Looking forward to this gathering.........

Hi all,

Looking forward to this fall gathering. See you there!

Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #18

Name: Ellen
Trailer: Escape
Washington
Hi Donna, we have a reservation for #29 in Loop B for the 3rd till 7th. Pretty sure we made this res before we picked up our 5.0 in April! Was looking at what future trips coming up and saw the NOG and thought "have we let anyone know we're coming?" Looked at your list and see we did not! Apologies.
Looking forward to the gathering!
Happy Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:15 PM   #19

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Harper View Post
Hi Donna, we have a reservation for #29 in Loop B for the 3rd till 7th. Pretty sure we made this res before we picked up our 5.0 in April! Was looking at what future trips coming up and saw the NOG and thought "have we let anyone know we're coming?" Looked at your list and see we did not! Apologies.
Looking forward to the gathering!

We were just wondering how you guys were and if you were coming to the NOG. Looking forward to camping with you!

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:21 PM   #20

PLEASE READ.

We do not have a shelter reserved. Reservations for day use shelters ends on Sept. 30. The major issue is everyone would need to drive to the shelter(s) leaving the campground empty. You'd probably want to put "stuff" away. Ahhh no. So the Friday and Saturday food events are PLANNED to be held at my site B3. IF THESE PLANS CHANGE DUE TO THE WEATHER, I'll post the information by NOON on Fri., Oct 4 at my site.

I will post the weather forecast for Oct. 3-6 before I leave Wed. (10/2) morning. Plan for for any kind of weather. Over the years we've seen it all!

THE Schedule of Events such as it is...

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish. Sleep in, hike the falls, go to town, play cards, sit-and-visit, etc., etc. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. I've found most have an informal open house.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG. I'm meeting some of you for the first time. Help me to remember your name, please.

FRIDAY NIGHT NO-HOST DINNER-ON-A-STICK: You will want to bring a chair. This is not a potluck, bring everything you need, including your roasting stick. Fire will be roaring, come by anytime after 5PM.

The fun/funny stuff:
CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
6PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT

This is an "opener" event.
Bring a six pack of craft beer, trade one bottle or can for a different kind.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please join us. Beer/food is secondary to the good times we'll have around the fire.

SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK: Serving of food will start SHARPLY at 5pm. Come a few minutes early to get your food on the table before serving starts. Bring an appetizer, entrée, salad or dessert to share that feeds 6-10 people and your table service.

Always plan to bring a chair.

Please, no pets at any of the food events.

Hope this helps with some questions. Post if not, we'll get the question answered.

Tags
fall