WA 2019, Sept 13-15: SAFE at Dash Point SP - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-01-2019, 10:27 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn N. View Post
Casita.... but OK glad to know to focus on this one. Thanks
I think that's the goto place for posting rallies. I am a member but haven't followed it since we sold our Casita. Let's coordinate the logistics here.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:57 AM   #22

Ok. Karen and I have reservations for site 34 for Friday and Saturday nights. Looking forward to another event.

Just a note: If you have trouble paying online, call the 888 number and they will help you through it. They have a bug in the system or their recent conversion that impacts CC verification.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:49 PM   #23

Name: Benny
Trailer: Casita
Washington
We hope to make it. Sept dates are good for us as we only live in Lake Steven's, WA. We have only been through Quarsite (sp?) With out our Suite Casita.
Bgreat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:50 AM   #24

Name: Garry
Trailer: Surf Side
Alberta
Registry
Would like to go, but it is a long drive from Edmonton, Alberta.
The_Kramers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:12 PM   #25

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
And the No-Host Host for SAFE 2019 is...Cory Hilby in the red Compact Jr.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgreat1 View Post
We hope to make it. Sept dates are good for us as we only live in Lake Steven's, WA. We have only been through Quarsite (sp?) With out our Suite Casita.
Well, I contacted a couple of people but looks like I'm the most interested in being the main Host(ess) for this no-Host event which most everyone agrees might be better hosted. Dave Fish is working on getting everyone there & reserving a spot ASAP. Deb & Chuck will coordinate a Saturday potluck if anyone can figure out where they will be! tee-hee I'll coordinate the main schedule and try and tackle minor problems. My cell no., by the way is 253-312-3372. Also I'll be your "Pet Contact"--please bring all the pets you deem suitable! And Kai in Seattle, who hosted last year, will advise from behind the scenes although she can't camp with us this year. Hopefully Paul will be able to get her to us for a day-visit.

I'm recommending that whoever can come on Thursday the 12th and don't plan to leave until at least Sunday the 15th (or later). That way you can park, camp & eat on your own Thursday night but join the rest of us for a day-activity on Friday.

And the day-activity I'm proposing is a beach walk (or sit) on Friday at 1:30 pm (with or without dogs) Dave says the beach is accessible by auto so walker-users like me can come too.

Friday night if we could get a fire-building host we could have a "weenie" roast where everyone brings whatever kind of stick-roastable food they wish plus brings finger food for the group.

Saturday 10-noon could be Trailer Tours

Saturday at 2:00 could be the pet circus/parade

Saturday at 6:00 could be a potluck

Saturday night after the potluck could be an exchange of new or used minor "gifts" (preferable useful for our trailering lives). I promise to choose my gift more quickly than I did last year!

Any comments/suggestions/volunteers?
Cory in Olympia 253-312-3372

Below: Joey, one of our pet costume contest winners
Attached Thumbnails
Joey at Dash Pt campout 9-2017.jpg  
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:38 PM   #26

Edmonton to SAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kramers View Post
Would like to go, but it is a long drive from Edmonton, Alberta.
Only 14 hours 30 minutes!
Old 05-05-2019, 04:28 PM   #27

I will bring some firewood including kindling. Since we all have limited space, hopefully others will bring some as well.

If people are interested, I think it would be interesting to share portable camping hobbies. I would be happy to do a session on ham radio either Saturday or Sunday.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:53 PM   #28

Name: Garry
Trailer: Surf Side
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Hilby View Post
Only 14 hours 30 minutes!

About $700 in gas round trip for my Durango.
The_Kramers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:10 PM   #29
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Potluck- Dash Point?

Cory,

Couldn't figure out how to PM you so here goes for everyone to see. This is the first time I've heard about doing a potluck at Dash Point. You are confusing this gathering and the Taidnapum meet in June. So don't count on me for a potluck at Dash Point.
Sorry......but we can't count on being there 100% even though at this time we have reservations.

Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:44 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
Cory,

Couldn't figure out how to PM you so here goes for everyone to see. This is the first time I've heard about doing a potluck at Dash Point. You are confusing this gathering and the Taidnapum meet in June. So don't count on me for a potluck at Dash Point.
Sorry......but we can't count on being there 100% even though at this time we have reservations.

Deb
Sorry, not sure how I (& others) got that impression!
Old 05-09-2019, 09:51 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Hilby View Post
Sorry, not sure how I (& others) got that impression!
We have had a weiner roast on Friday night and a potluck Saturday night at SAFE the last two years (sort of copied from Taidnapum). It's completely optional and nothing is set in stone. We can do whatever the group wishes and participate as desired.

Note; some of the potluck contributions have come from the Safeway up the hill. Don't ask me how I know.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:18 PM   #32
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Cory

If we are able to attend I will sure be happy to help with the potluck. I can't count on a date that far out at this time due to health issues.

Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:48 AM   #33

Name: MaryRose
Washington
This is GREAT! I have not yet picked up my new Bigfoot, but if there are spots left I will definitely reserve for September. I would love to meet fellow local fiberglass RVers.
emaryrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:25 PM   #34

Name: Chas
Trailer: Escape 21 - previously 16' Scamp
Washington
I would like to note that Dash Point SP has an outstanding system of mountain bike trails.
Charli
cvanzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:48 PM   #35

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
As usual we appear to be too late. There are a couple of Friday night openings but nothing for Saturday night. If anyone hears of anything opening up let me know as we would love to bring our new Hymer Touring GT.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:41 PM   #36

Name: Benny
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Nice work! She is a beauty!
Bgreat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:05 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
As usual we appear to be too late. There are a couple of Friday night openings but nothing for Saturday night. If anyone hears of anything opening up let me know as we would love to bring our new Hymer Touring GT.
Sure am hoping something turns up. We would like to see you again.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:09 PM   #38

Registry
Thanks Dave we'll keep our eyes open.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:42 PM   #39

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
Rally

Looking forward to this..... I have a spot reserved but have to look back and see when I said I would arrive! I am leaving for another rally in Winthrop on Monday....the 16th.
I remember several of you... Steve, hope you get a spot! and Deb and Chuck, glad you are coming up!
I am open to pot luck or no pot luck... ;-) especially if it is OK to go to Safeway or wherever! :-)
Carolyn N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:20 AM   #40

Registry
Carolyn, what is the rally in Winthrop?