WA 2019, Sept 13-15: SAFE at Dash Point SP - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2019, 10:09 PM   #41

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
Winthrop

To Steve Hammel... it is Escapees Chapter 5.... Pine Near RV Park in Winthrop... Sept. 16-20..... it is a private RV park so I am sure there is room if you would like to come with the group.
I wish I knew the way to send a message just to you...have to learn.
Let me know if you want more info and who to contact. :-)
Carolyn N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:22 PM   #42

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Thanks Carolyn. I thought I had missed a fiberglass rally somewhere. I have heard of the Escapees but I have a pretty full plate at this time. Thanks
Old 09-05-2019, 03:32 PM   #43

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Karen Langlois is going to have to cancel site #32. It already cost us $57 (I say us because I made the reservation on her behalf on my VISA.) and they'd like to really sock us in change fees and penalties. If you'd like the site for a decent cost call me immediately at 253-312-3372.
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #44

Washington
Thursday arrival?

Anyone else coming on Thursday? I am and have Site 45... hope to see some others. Plus a kind of "selfish" reason... might want to ask someone to coach me or help me to back in... But also hope to start "connecting" with others! Looking forward to it!
Old 09-08-2019, 07:35 PM   #45

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Karen and I will be there Friday and Saturday nights in site 34. We will bring as much firewood as we can fit in the car as well as a canopy and a table or two for the potluck and other group activities.

We are assuming there will be a potluck Saturday night.

This is coming up fast. It would be Great if those that have reservations would chime in with your site and number of people.

I thought at some point someone had stepped up to do some organizing, but I haven't seen anything. That's OK, we are all adults and can have a lot of fun together.

If anyone is interested, I was thinking about bringing some ham radios to do a show-and-tell. I'm happy to share.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:45 PM   #46

Washington
Thanks

Thanks Dave... I would also like to see who is coming.. see very little so far on the page so hard to tell! Thanks for clarifying.!

PS I have one of those propane campfire things. would you like me to bring that? I also have supplies for s'mores that I should use up!

Weird... looks like possibly showers there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; suppose it could change! maybe someone has a shelter thing;;; bring games?? :-)
Old 09-08-2019, 11:15 PM   #47

Be there Thursday--but late in day/evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
Karen and I will be there Friday and Saturday nights in site 34. We will bring as much firewood as we can fit in the car as well as a canopy and a table or two for the potluck and other group activities.

We are assuming there will be a potluck Saturday night.

This is coming up fast. It would be Great if those that have reservations would chime in with your site and number of people.

I thought at some point someone had stepped up to do some organizing, but I haven't seen anything. That's OK, we are all adults and can have a lot of fun together.

If anyone is interested, I was thinking about bringing some ham radios to do a show-and-tell. I'm happy to share.
__________________________________________________ ________________

Well, I had stepped up with the following organizational plan:

Well, I contacted a couple of people but looks like I'm the most interested in being the main Host(ess) for this no-Host event which most everyone agrees might be better hosted. Dave Fish is working on getting everyone there & reserving a spot ASAP. There will be a Saturday potluck! I'll coordinate the main schedule and try and tackle minor problems. My cell no., by the way is 253-312-3372. Also I'll be your "Pet Contact"--please bring all the pets you deem suitable! I'll need some to "love on" since my Joey-dog died in early June. And Kai in Seattle, who hosted last year, will advise from behind the scenes although she can't camp with us this year. Hopefully Paul will be able to get her to us for a day-visit.

I'm recommending that whoever can come on Thursday the 12th and don't plan to leave until at least Sunday the 15th (or later). That way you can park, camp & eat on your own Thursday night but join the rest of us for a day-activity on Friday. I'll be there Thursday but likely late in the afternoon or in early evening.

And the day-activity I'm proposing is a beach walk (or sit) on Friday at 1:30 pm (with or without dogs) Dave says the beach is accessible by automobile so walker-users like me can come too.

Friday night if we could get a fire-building host (who said they were bringing all that wood?) we could have a "weenie" roast where everyone brings whatever kind of stick-roastable food they wish plus brings finger food for the group.

Saturday 10-noon could be Trailer Tours

Saturday at 2:00 could be the pet circus/parade

Saturday at 6:00 could be a potluck

Saturday night after the potluck could be an exchange of new or used minor "gifts" (preferable useful for our trailering lives). I promise to choose my gift more quickly than I did last year!

Ham Radios sound great!

Any comments/suggestions/volunteers?
Cory in Olympia 253-312-3372

SO WHO OUT THERE IS COMING?
Old 09-08-2019, 11:38 PM   #48

Burn Ban info

Hello, Carolyn, in response to your question, you are welcome to bring your propane campfire, and I'm bringing mine. But they will likely be unnecessary for this campout, since Dave is bringing all that wood and as far as I can tell there's no burn ban on wood campfires in regular fire rings in the park. Here's from the WA state parks website:

▼Dash Point State Park2 Alerts
August 7, 2019 11:42 AM Burn ban - level 2

Wood fires restricted to fire pits and grills within designated areas.

Gas and propane allowed.

Charcoal may be restricted, please check at park.

April 24, 2019 Restrooms in the upper camp loop closed for renovation

The restrooms in the upper camp loop are closed for renovation, until further notice. Please be aware that there may be some construction noise during the week. Restrooms and showers are available in the lower camp loop.

Where IS the park anyway?
Address: 5700 SW Dash Point Rd, Federal Way, WA 98023
Phone: (253) 661-4955
Established: 1962

Is anyone's trailer older than the park? Mine is "vintage" yet it's 10 years younger.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:45 PM   #49

Just checked the reservation site for this coming weekend (I used the 14th as my example) and B loop is packed ! with only one site open. So SOMEONE is going to camp at Dash Point this weekend--hopefully some "fiberglassers"!
Old 09-09-2019, 09:06 AM   #50

Thanks Cory. Yes, I'll have a 10x10 shelter and another canopy. My firewood is mostly small stuff and maybe some shop scraps. If anyone has larger pieces, that would be awesome.

Hopefully the weather will hold.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:36 PM   #51

SAFE 2019 Attendees

So far I see from the postings here the 2019
Attendees will be...

Dave & Karen Fish Fri & Sat Site 31
Cory Hilby Thurs-Sun Site 30
Carolyn M Thurs - ? Site 45

There have been various postings from fiberglass RVers saying their are planning to come, would like to come, might come, etc. but they didn't post any site numbers they've reserved... Deb & Chuck, MaryRose, Steve Hammell etc. If you are one of these folks please write in with your site number if you're coming. If you lack a site but definitely want one, note above that I hold site 32 as well so call me at 253-312-3372 cell.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:42 PM   #52

Mostly showers throughout SAFE

This should take you to the forecast

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/da...recast/2254046

I agree w/ Carolyn M. re bring indoor games!
Old 09-11-2019, 01:17 PM   #53

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
We would have loved to have come. Unfortunately by the time we decided we could make it all the sites were all taken. We are now committed to helping my niece this weekend. I hope you all have a great time.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:47 AM   #54

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Dash Point straddles the line between King and Pierce Counties. Both counties have now lifted their burn bans. So do check with the park ranger as there is a chance that the park no longer has a ban on campfires in the fire pits or at the beach. The site for the park does say you should check when you arrive for the most current information.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:28 PM   #55

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I doubt that I will make it to Dash Point. Definitely not with my trailer. Its wheels will be up on ramps.

So that means I won't be having the kind of fun you will but I will be wishing I was when my ears are howling despite the ear plugs and my face and body are covered in ground up bits of metal and rust despite wearing protective gear and appropriate clothes. I am doing prep work because I have arranged to have someone to come over and do some reinforcing on my frame. I do the grungy stuff and he does the welding.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 01:41 PM   #56

Safely home from Dash Point. Getting unpacked and drying things out.

We had a great get-together - 8 people's and 6 trailers, good food, good conversation. Good weather until about 8 or so Saturday night when it turned to a steady rain.

Thanks to Cory for leading the organization and winning the pet contest with her new Huskie. Thanks to everyone who contributed food for Friday and Saturday night and helped out where ever needed.

Looking forward to another one next year.