OR 2020, Apr 23-26: Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2020, 10:38 PM   #41

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
Question Camping in April

If they are still open.. why couldn't we camp... we are in our own campsites... and when we have group "gathering" just spread out in groups of 10... we are only "together" for the Friday and Saturday events so could plan how to handle that.. ;-)
Carolyn N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:25 PM   #42

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Linn County Parks now closed. What does that mean for the NOG? I thoroughly expect it to be cancelled. What does this mean for you?

There's not enough information on the Linn County Parks website NOR their Facebook page (image below) to know how far out the cancellation will last. I have an email message into the parks office asking specific questions about refunds and will post here when I know more.

Remember, the NOG starts one month from today and you are welcome to cancel at any time. IF you are willing to wait, I expect you'll get all your money back. I'm waiting....

More later.
Be safe, be well.
Donna D.
Attached Thumbnails
Closed.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:58 PM   #43

Just heard back from Linn County Parks. Seems they don't know much at this point. I'm still waiting to cancel my reservation. YMMV.
Attached Thumbnails
Week-by-Week.JPG  
Old 03-23-2020, 05:29 PM   #44

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2000 Bigfoot 21RB, & 92 Vanagon Westy
Idaho
Got this email.

"3/23/2020- Linn County Parks Campground are Closed---Governor Orders All Public Campgrounds Closed
Posted on Mar 23, 2020
The Governor of the State of Oregon by Executive Order 20-12 (EO 20-12) has closed all private and public campgrounds immediately. Therefore, all Linn County Campgrounds are now closed to public use. This order does not prohibit camp hosts or veterans from remaining in campgrounds, nor does it extend to RV parks and other housing. In addition, in compliance with the Governor's EO 20-12, Linn County Parks will be closing all on-site restrooms that do not have trash cans, water, soap or hand sanitizer available. The Closure is in effect until it is terminated by the Governor. Users of open public recreational areas must strictly adhere to social distancing guideline.

Camping Reservations & Refunds
Linn County Parks guests that have camping reservations during the closure will receive a full refund. Please be patient with us as we process the refunds. If you have questions, please email the Linn County Parks Office at: parks@co.linn.or.us. We will answer your questions as soon as we can. Please do not leave multiple phone message at the Linn County Parks office. Multiple messages will only slow down our response time.
Take everyday precautions
Cover your cough and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water is not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contain at least 60% alcohol.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Clean and disinfect surfaces that are often touched.
If you or a someone in your party is of high risk, consider restricting your out of home activities since you are more susceptible to illness.
Anyone who shows signs of fever, cough, and difficult breathing or if you suspect you may be sick with these symptoms: Stay Home."
1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:26 AM   #45

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2000 Bigfoot 21RB, & 92 Vanagon Westy
Idaho
"Linn County Parks guests that have camping reservations during the COVID-19 campground closure will receive a full refund. Please be patient with us as we process the refunds. If you have questions, please email the Linn County Parks Office at: parks@co.linn.or.us . We will answer your questions as soon as we can. Please do not leave multiple phone messages at the Linn County Parks office. Multiple messages will only slow down our response time. The Linn County Staff will begin canceling and refunding reservations as of today, thru March 31, and continue to automatically cancel and refund one week at a time, at the beginning of each week. Reservations made for later dates may be canceled at any time by emailing parks@co.linn.or.us . Please include the name of the park where you have your reservation, your name, date of reservation, reservation number (if known) and a phone number."
1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:27 PM   #46

By now, everyone with reservations for Spring NOG should have received an e-mail from Linn County Parks. I've received an additional e-mail from 'Kerri' stating they've started the refunds for reservations prior to April 5. Going forward, they will cancel and refund week-by-week.

SO... that means if you want to get ALL your money back, you will be getting a cancellation notice and refund somewhere around April 20. You can, of course, cancel sooner if you wish.

Be safe, be well.
Donna
Old 03-28-2020, 12:01 PM   #47

Name: Randy & Ranae
Trailer: Fiber Stream
OR - Oregon
Registry
We are still holding out hope.
OR335d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:23 AM   #48

CANCELLED

This is the day I've been regretting. No matter what should happen in the next two weeks, Spring NOG is officially cancelled.

I know a number of participants have already cancelled their reservations. For those like me, who are waiting for Linn County Parks to cancel reservations, we will get our full refunds starting Monday, April 20.

What does this mean for Spring NOG 2021? Typically we decide as a group where we're going the following Spring. Folks wanted to go to Waterloo, to Waterloo we'll go.

As soon as I can get my reservations made for 2021, I'll post the details on the forums and Facebook.

I hope to see you at the Oregon Coast Gathering in July and Fall NOG 2020 too.

Be safe, be well.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:04 AM   #49

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
Yes ... so disappointed!
I so appreciate leaders in these groups not "jumping the gun" and cancelling way ahead... still keeping fingers crossed for Maryhill!
Carolyn N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 04:38 PM   #50

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Just got the email of the refund to my account from Linn county. I knew it was not going to happen but still feel disappointed.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 05:07 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda R002 View Post
Just got the email of the refund to my account from Linn county. I knew it was not going to happen but still feel disappointed.
Me too Linda

I'll post Spring NOG 2021 info as soon as I can make reservations.

Donna D.
Forever the optimist