OR 2020, July 23-26: Bandon 2020- Bullards Beach State Park, Oregon - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2020, 10:09 PM   #21

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Sometims, cars stink

Fred Simson has asked me to pass a message along to all you Bullards attendees. His tow vehicle has unfortunately put up a giant protest and hissy fit (In Fresno, of all places to get stuck) and he will not be able to make it up. They will be trying to hobble it and the trailer back to San Diego just to be on the safe side. I personally am disappointed as they were supposed to stop here for a couple of nites on their way up. sigh. Guess I cleaned the house for nothing :-P

He sends his regrets and wishes everyone a happy OG. Don't know what is happening to his spot, you'll have to talk to him about that.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:31 PM   #22

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
We are just passing thru heading to Vegas. Stayed at Maryhill, Ft Stevens, and South Beach at Newport as well as here at Bullard Beach. Kind of a tour of our favorite spots.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:55 PM   #23

Registry
Well? We happened to stop by Bandon on our way down the Oregon coast running an errand to Vegas. We have now made it back to Eastern Washington safe and sound. Any reports as to how the rally turned out?
Old 07-28-2020, 09:13 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Bandon 2020

I was told there ended up being about 38 units this year.
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:57 PM   #25

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
I was told there ended up being about 38 units this year.
You were told? Didn't you guys make it either?
Old 09-02-2020, 11:11 AM   #26

Name: Annie
Trailer: Parkliner
Oregon
I may have missed it, but have the dates for Bandon in July 2021 been posted? I want to make sure to add it to my calendar for next year.
Thank you
Old 09-14-2020, 04:56 PM   #27

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
Yes I am waiting to hear too! hope something soon... ;-) It was a great time this year even with "distancing" etc. Lots of stopping by campsites and meeting people... we all followed guidelines but still was great time...
Carolyn N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:35 AM   #28

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
I dunno, the whole COVID thing, (and yes, it's real,) the social distancing, the no "open house" trailer tours, no "seminars," Blech! It just isn't really a "get-together" at all, and certainly not something that I would want to waste the time and gas to drive that far for if you can't do anything but stay in your campsite or walk the loop roads, and avoid each other like Lepers. I guess you're just supposed to sit in your campsite, eat your hot dogs by yourself, and do the Queen's wave at people walking or biking past your site. WTH. The whole world is out of whack! And to add insult to injury, especially for many folks currently out of work and living on "limited incomes", the great state of Oregon's answer to make up for their pissing away all their money is to jack up the rates by 30% for non-Oregonians only. OK, bend us over. Oregon State camping is not even on my radar until (a) there is a proven COVID vaccine, and (b) Oregon quits trying to screw out-of-staters to pay for their monetary mismanagement problems. Don't get me wrong, I love Oregon and Oregon Parks, and I have always looked forward to enjoying my time there, but this just doesn't cut it in my book. End of rant.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:45 AM   #29

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
And to add insult to injury, especially for many folks currently out of work and living on "limited incomes", the great state of Oregon's answer to make up for their pissing away all their money is to jack up the rates by 30% for non-Oregonians only. OK, bend us over.
says the man from Washington State. For YEARS Washington State that has had a non-resident reservation fee charged to campers who do not reside in Washington State when making a reservation. And I do mean YEARS. No, it's not 30% more, but I wouldn't call Washington State friendly when it comes to non-residents. Guess we'll both need to camp in our respective states and be happy.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:54 AM   #30

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
I never said that WA was any better. The whole west coast is stupid with their park prices. And I wouldn't have a problem with a little "bump", but 30%? That's just telling me they don't want my business in Oregon.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:23 AM   #31

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
To answer the original question, if the dates for 2021 follow the same weekend as was 2020, the gathering would be Thurs-Sun, July 22-25. BUT, don't take my word for it, wait for an official announcement.

As far as the 2020 Oregon Gathering. I went, and a lot of fun! It wasn't the normal gathering, but folks found plenty of ways to enjoy it. Still went to 'town' and ate at the Blue Shack, couple of trips to the Farmers Market, had a latte and donut at a local shop, walked the labyrinth at Circles in the Sand, sat and visited with people daily... social distanced of course. And on and on. We can either complain or make the best of a situation. Your choice.

In 2018, I took a coast-to-coast camping trip. Across Canada to Quebec, Portland Maine and then home to Oregon. In comparison, the Oregon State Parks AND Washington State Parks are substantially cheaper. For instance, in Ithaca, NY at the NY Robert H. Treman State Park it was $38 a night, plus reservation fees. Electric only. In Luverne, Minnesota at the Blue Mounds State Park it was $33 a night with NO hookups. The entire water system was down, so campers had to go "to town" to buy water for their tanks. That also meant, no restrooms or showers. IF you want a laugh, I stayed in a private RV park in Portland, Maine it was $104 a night!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:16 AM   #32
Commercial Member

Oregon Gathering date for 2021-

This is a re-post from "Upcoming Rallies/get togethers" originally posted Sept. 2020:

The dates for the 2021 Oregon Gathering are 7/22-7/25. Apparently some were having trouble locating the dates.

Deb
Host
Old 01-22-2021, 01:34 PM   #33

Name: Annie
Trailer: Parkliner
Oregon
We were able to get a reservation in this morning. The spots available where limited but we where able to get space B03 for 7/22 thru 7/25. Hope to see everyone this year.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:40 PM   #34
Commercial Member

Oregon Gathering 2021

Hi Annie,

You might want to follow the Oregon Gathering 2021 on the "upcoming" forum instead of this forum topic from 2020. Any updates will be on the "upcoming 2021" forum.

Deb
Host