KY 2020, June 11-14: Eggs A La Bourbon Rally - CANCELLED - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-14-2019, 10:05 AM   #21
Member
 
Name: Corky
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16ft.
Illinois
Posts: 82
Talbots Tavern try.All so across the road from the camp ground is a nice place for a brew.
Courtland PieperCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:29 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Name: Tara
Trailer: Scamp
Ohio
Posts: 1
I'll be there with my new to me 13' Scamp!
Tleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:27 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Name: Jim
Trailer: Escape 5.0TA
North Carolina
Posts: 8
All of the remaining camp sites for the rally period are listed as severe grade. Can somebody give me a definition of severe? End to end or side to side or both? Think they would be compatible with my listed camper with long tow vehicle? Jim
__________________
2020 Escape 5.0TA
2014 Escape 19 - Sold
2004 Casita - Flooded & totaled by hurricane Florence
2019 Tundra Limited Crew Cab TV
Ritacasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:19 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Woodstock, IL
Posts: 1,363
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Jim,
Take a look at my response in #6 in this thread. Does that help?
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 06:13 PM   #25
Junior Member
 
Name: Linda
Trailer: EggCamper
Illinois
Posts: 7
Pat and Linda Klinnert just reserved site 38 for your Eggs A La Bourbon rally. This is our 1st time joining you all for this rally. We will arrive 6/11. Depart 6/14. See you then!
Linda Klinnert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:35 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 21
Illinois
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megala M View Post
I'm in with my 2005 "new-to-me" Scamp!

Not sure if I got this right but I just reserved site 36 for 10 June until 15 Jun 2020. Have a confirmation from Reserve America.


Edit: Our first time to this rally.
damarchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:46 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Troy Hawkins's Avatar
 
Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
Posts: 140
Sorry for having neglected the page, and thank you to everyone for having answered any questions in our absence. As many of you know we have had family issues to take care of.

Thanks again, looking forward to seeing everybody in June.
Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:30 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
WaltP's Avatar
 
Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Posts: 1,967
Any updates? Is it still on?

Walt
__________________
Past owner of 1995 13' Casita, 1994 16' Casita, 2012 Parkliner, 2002 17' Bigfoot.
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 11:39 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Radar1's Avatar
 
Name: Dave (and/or John)
Trailer: '05 Scamp 16' (sold), '20 Escape 19'
Georgia
Posts: 1,054
Registry
We still plan to be there, although Marilyn needs some surgery that is in Limbo due to the COVID situation at the hospital. The unknown surgery date may affect our attendance.
__________________
John-Dave and Marilyn
Sharpsburg, GA
04 Dodge Dakota V-8, 17 Dodge Durango V-6, 19 Ford Ranger 2.3 Ecoboost
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:07 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
WaltP's Avatar
 
Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Posts: 1,967
I just checked and the web site says the campground is closed till further notice.

Whether or not, a couple of us are considering camping at Cumberland Mountain State Park in TN after Hiawassee, as we did last year. What about You and Marilyn John... er Dave... er John/Dave?

Walt
__________________
Past owner of 1995 13' Casita, 1994 16' Casita, 2012 Parkliner, 2002 17' Bigfoot.
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 09:15 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
WaltP's Avatar
 
Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Posts: 1,967
Another possibility for a stop after Hiawassee, if Eggs a la Bourbon is cancelled is the NFS Chilhowee campground near Cleveland. I've not been there but it has good ratings. Electric hookups, water spigots available and a dump station.
Is anyone familiar with it? Being federal, our geezer passes make it very economical.

Walt
__________________
Past owner of 1995 13' Casita, 1994 16' Casita, 2012 Parkliner, 2002 17' Bigfoot.
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:47 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Posts: 281
Registry
Eggs lava bourbon

We are wondering if this rally will actually happen How do we get our reservations back$. JimW
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 09:04 PM   #33
Junior Member
 
Name: Brook
Trailer: Casita
Oklahoma
Posts: 2
Canceled reservation

We logged onto reserveamerica and cancelled our reservation. I think we got a refund of like 90% of our money.
brooknadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 04:07 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Troy Hawkins's Avatar
 
Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
Posts: 140
We would like to thank everybody for patiently waiting while we gathered the information to make our decision. We have been in contact with the campground, and up until this past Friday, we couldn't get any information from them. They have now said they would be opening on June 11th but the bathhouse would not be opened until a later date. We also have checked with local businesses and places to go and many of them are not opening yet.
Now, that being said...Anita called Reserve America today, and after 2 hours and 3 minutes on hold, was told the reopen date for Kentucky campgrounds is May 31st if you have existing reservations, July 5th otherwise. If you cancel your reservations within 15 days of your reservations, there will be a $10 fee. BUT, if you wait to transfer the dates to next year, you will avoid the fee.

With all the information, I am sorry to announce, we will be canceling this year's rally. We will be transferring our reservations to next years' rally dates of June 10-13, 2021. We are so sorry we will not be seeing everyone this year, but would love to see you at next year's rally (June 10-13, 2021).

PS Again, THE RALLY IS CANCELLED. Stay safe and see you on the road.
Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:35 AM   #35
Junior Member
 
Name: Megan
Trailer: Scamp
Kentucky
Posts: 29
Cancelling

So sorry to cancel this reservation. I was REALLY looking forward to meeting other Scampers. Sigh. Maybe next time.
Megala M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:46 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Woodstock, IL
Posts: 1,363
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Thanks for the update. We look forward to being back in 2021! Stay safe.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:01 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
WaltP's Avatar
 
Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Posts: 1,967
Big disappointment but pretty well expected. Since the CG will be open I wonder if some will still decide to show up.

Walt
__________________
Past owner of 1995 13' Casita, 1994 16' Casita, 2012 Parkliner, 2002 17' Bigfoot.
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:12 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Radar1's Avatar
 
Name: Dave (and/or John)
Trailer: '05 Scamp 16' (sold), '20 Escape 19'
Georgia
Posts: 1,054
Registry
Thanks for the update Troy!
As it turns out, we just got confirmation this morning that Marilyn's surgery will be end of May, and followup to that will run through the scheduled dates so we would have had to cancel anyway.
We will change dates and see you next year!
__________________
John-Dave and Marilyn
Sharpsburg, GA
04 Dodge Dakota V-8, 17 Dodge Durango V-6, 19 Ford Ranger 2.3 Ecoboost
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:18 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
WaltP's Avatar
 
Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Posts: 1,967
John
We'll miss you and Marilyn but hope all goes well with her surgery.

Walt
__________________
Past owner of 1995 13' Casita, 1994 16' Casita, 2012 Parkliner, 2002 17' Bigfoot.
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:47 PM   #40
Member
 
KenEllen's Avatar
 
Name: Ken & Ellen
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 16 ft Deluxe
Indiana
Posts: 49
Next Year

Can we transfer the dates to next year now or have to wait until 6 months before? Was hoping against hope it would happen, but obviously you made the correct decision Troy.
__________________
Ken & Ellen Peterson
2016 16 ft. Scamp Deluxe "Take a Chance"
2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5
KenEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rally


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA | CANCELLED: 17th Annual 2020 FiberglassRV Rally, Apr30 - May04, 2020 Anne3358 Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 1 03-18-2020 04:31 PM
BC | 2020, June 5-7: Vancouver Island Bolers and Friends June 2020 Meet-up Island Claire Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 0 10-21-2019 12:19 PM
KY | 2019, June 6-9: Eggs a La Bourbon Rally Troy Hawkins Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 47 06-05-2019 06:03 AM
KY | 2018, June 7-10: Eggs A La Bourbon Rally Troy Hawkins Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 24 06-02-2018 05:23 PM
KY | 2017, June 8, 9, 10, & 11: Eggs A La Bourbon Rally Troy Hawkins Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 59 06-15-2017 04:46 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.