NH 2020, May 14-17: Spring Fling in New England for 2020 - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-07-2020, 09:32 AM   #61

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Thanks Dave, I too will be at the campground early and maybe I will need someone to run to the market to pick up some fresh fruit for the cheese and cracker gathering on Thursday but we'll see.
Thanks for the donation of the wheels and to let everyone know...
The wheels will be at my site, #49. So anyone who may be interested in them can inspect them and what will happen is this, People interested will drop their name in a hat, at the Pot-Luck and we'll draw one name.

Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 05:33 PM   #62

Hope this post finds all the Spring Flingers in good health.
The Rally is still a go and I will be heading to the campground this weekend to check out things with the new Manager.
I see some rallies are not going to be held so anyone looking to attend a real fun one should come to the Spring Fling and join in all the fun and games and food.

Call Steve in the office at 603-323-8536 or call KOA at 888-237-8642
for reservations and tell them your joining in the Spring Fling to get the discount.
You'll pay a down Pmt. and when paying the balance you will get the discount.

Everyone stay safe.
Gerry
Old 03-16-2020, 05:42 PM   #63

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Thanks for the update. We are arriving early as well but have to leave Saturday. The great outdoors is the place to be and we can sit 6 feet apart!
Old 03-21-2020, 05:44 PM   #64

Update:
I went to the campground today and talked to the new manager and he said as of now the campground is going to open on schedule but … he was going to have a conference with the owner and others sometime this week coming, on a few issues that may come up.
Everything is fluid and changing daily as you all know.
Manager is concerned about the use of the campground bathrooms, and how to keep then clean if public has to use them, as I am sure, some of even our Spring Flingers need to use, because their campers are not self contained with a bathroom.
But as said there is nothing known at this time so I am saying it's a go for the Rally.
Now, that said, we may or may not be able to have our activities as in previous years. If the no gathering of more then 10 people is still in play at the time of the rally, we'll have to figure it out.
But all I can say at this time is The Rally is still happening in May.
Gerry
Old 03-22-2020, 12:50 AM   #65

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Unbelievable.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:34 AM   #66

Unbelievable or not …. it is just the facts and update, as they pertain to the rally and how things stand right now.

Gerry
Old 03-22-2020, 06:19 AM   #67

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
Unbelievable.
Unbelievable and very, very optimistic !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:27 AM   #68

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Optimism is much better than depression which is known to kill more than its share...
Old 03-22-2020, 07:41 AM   #69

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
Optimism is much better than depression which is known to kill more than its share...
Optimism has to be tempered with a good dose of reality .
Being realistic does not equate to being pessimistic
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:25 AM   #70

Please all … there are threads on FGRV that is talking about this serious Pendemic so please do not voice your opinions or ideas on the situation here on the Spring Fling thread.
I am in touch with the Campground and will keep you all posted via this thread.
You host.
Gerry
Old 03-26-2020, 03:51 AM   #71

Spring Flingers, the General Manager hasn't gotten back to me but I see on face book that he is still saying the campground will be open on schedule and I did find this on-line and some if it will be applied to our rally schedule such as gatherings.

https://koa.com/blog/covid-19-update...y5MaWawnZeLxw0

Hope this posting finds you all well and still hopeful to see all of you in May.

Your host
Gerry
Old 03-26-2020, 06:13 PM   #72

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
A bright spot in this darkness!
Here's hoping we can continue, but if not, let us know as soon as you can so I can rescind my vacation time request.
Jon MB
Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:57 AM   #73

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Honestly folks, it may be a disappointment if this rally does not happen in 2020 but it will not be the end of the world. And morally speaking, no person should be risking contraction of Covid-19 or potential infection of others just so they can have a good time. Unfortunately, situations like the one we are currently dealing with can be depressingly painful but may require “sacrifice” of our personal desires. This is not the time for any degree of irresponsibility that might have drastic effects on our friends, acquaintances, or anyone else. In the bigger picture, the postponement or cancellation of any event may be the best course so that all the attendees stay healthy enough to attend in 2021.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:05 AM   #74

Talked to the Campground manager yesterday and he told me the campground will be opening as schedule and therefor we are still slated for the Rally on the 14th.
He told me that he has read the directive set forth from KOA and is now getting things set up with staff on how it will all be implicated.

Anyone who doesn't feel comfortable coming to the Rally and has already reserved a site is directed to call the office at 603-323-8536 and talk to the office manager and he should be able to direct you in how to get a full refund or what ever.

As said the Rally schedule will be thrown out the window if at that time the virus is still running rampant.
I will still be cooking chicken for all but the POT-LUCK may or may not be able to be held as a social event and you can pick up your chicken to eat at your campsite.
Along with other events scheduled, we'll have to wait and see what the New Hampshire CDC is recommending at that time but ultimately it is YOU to decide if you still want to join in the 2020 Spring Fling in New England Rally.

your host
Gerry
Old 03-27-2020, 08:36 AM   #75

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Gerry... Keep safe and carry on Flinging!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:19 PM   #76

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp 13 D
Massachusetts
Gerry > Jackie & I will be shoulder to shoulder with you flipping those chickens, along with the two other couples joining us dedicated to what has always been a great gathering of some of the most Stoic Souls we've met in our camping days....Otherwise I would have to bear the collective groans and sighs of our Great Forefathers as they turn collectively in their graves......A word to all reconsidering > To look around the grounds at Chocoura and see us all gathered, even though at arm's length, to acknowledge a wave, to be regailed by laughter, or the distant sound of guitar and singing..... I know where I'll be.... Dave
ACHINBAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:30 PM   #77

Name: Lesley
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
I am also planning on attending (unless anything changes dramatically between now and then). I don't have my camper yet so I'm booked into one of the cabins. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
shrimpscampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:35 AM   #78

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHINBAC View Post
Gerry > Jackie & I will be shoulder to shoulder with you flipping those chickens, along with the two other couples joining us dedicated to what has always been a great gathering of some of the most Stoic Souls we've met in our camping days....Otherwise I would have to bear the collective groans and sighs of our Great Forefathers as they turn collectively in their graves......A word to all reconsidering > To look around the grounds at Chocoura and see us all gathered, even though at arm's length, to acknowledge a wave, to be regailed by laughter, or the distant sound of guitar and singing..... I know where I'll be.... Dave
Dave: your note actually brought a tear to my eye and I am sure lots of people feel the same way.
Thanks for the appreciation for the work and time it takes to get all the ducks in a row for such an interactive rally.
The interactive part may not be what it has been in the past but at least we'll all still be getting together to kick off the Summer camping season.
Thanks again
Gerry
Old 03-30-2020, 03:32 AM   #79

Lesley, great your still going to make it to the Rally.
yesterday, I bought the usual 25 LBS of chicken for the Pot-luck because the chicken cooler was almost empty and I wanted to be sure they were not going to run out.

Alan, the person who has set up a web-page for the rally at,
https://springflingne.org//
has posted under the "New and Update" screen, just what I had posted here at threat #74 … Thanks Alan.

Hope all are safe and healthy.
Your Host
Gerry
Old 03-30-2020, 06:37 AM   #80

Name: Ed
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RT
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Honestly folks, it may be a disappointment if this rally does not happen in 2020 but it will not be the end of the world. And morally speaking, no person should be risking contraction of Covid-19 or potential infection of others just so they can have a good time. Unfortunately, situations like the one we are currently dealing with can be depressingly painful but may require “sacrifice” of our personal desires. This is not the time for any degree of irresponsibility that might have drastic effects on our friends, acquaintances, or anyone else. In the bigger picture, the postponement or cancellation of any event may be the best course so that all the attendees stay healthy enough to attend in 2021.

Exactly.
If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.

Flatten the curve!
IMEd is offline   Reply With Quote