NH 2020, May 14-17: Spring Fling in New England for 2020 - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-30-2020, 02:21 PM   #81

Name: John
Trailer: Escape
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Honestly folks, it may be a disappointment if this rally does not happen in 2020 but it will not be the end of the world. And morally speaking, no person should be risking contraction of Covid-19 or potential infection of others just so they can have a good time. Unfortunately, situations like the one we are currently dealing with can be depressingly painful but may require “sacrifice” of our personal desires. This is not the time for any degree of irresponsibility that might have drastic effects on our friends, acquaintances, or anyone else. In the bigger picture, the postponement or cancellation of any event may be the best course so that all the attendees stay healthy enough to attend in 2021.
I 100% agree with you CPW. People have to do what they think is right for them, but I for one will be canceling my reservation for this rally. This comes not out of some personal panic, but rather my 34 years of experience as a Director of Environmental Services and my work with the Infection Control department in a rural Hospital.
This is not a seasonal flu bug. This is something totally different. It has transversed most the globe in 5-1/2 months, it has established its self in all 50 states, plus Canada and Mexico in 2-1/2 months. Research has found that it lives for 24 hours on cardboard, up to 3 days on metal and plastic and up to one hour on minute airborne particles. This means that anyone down wind of an infected person can be a potential victim.
We have a responsibility to protect ourselves, family and friends, but also those front line healthcare workers that are already stretched to the max, by not becoming the next victim.
I do not write this to instill fear, it is just the reality of the situation. Everyone can do as they think best, but My wife and I are going to fore go this year in hopes that we can all get together next year.
Jheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:22 PM   #82

Name: Ed
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RT
Colorado
You are right, jheck.

Dr. Spock had the answer

“In The Wrath of Khan (1982), Spock says, “Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.” Captain Kirk answers, “Or the one.”
IMEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:14 PM   #83

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Sorry you wont be able to make it for the Rally John. As you said hopefully we'll see you next year. Keep touch.
Gerry & Barb
Gerry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:08 PM   #84

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp 13 D
Massachusetts
At the risk of getting booted, blocked, or otherwise censured, I'll carry this logic chain if embraced as described to an untenable result > the remedy as proposed would require individual isolation on a Global basis unless each is externally biophasically protected and unless immune, till the point that a vaccine is created.....6 months, 8, 12??
It would be an anaphylactic shock to modern society ( = a noble though overzealous effort to protect the host resulting in its demise).
There is an awful lot of collateral damage that comes with simply being alive.....in my 60s now it becomes more and more apparent every year as old friends pass... yet I still rock climb, ski, ride dirt & mountain bikes, snowmobile, climb & cut trees, hug, embrace, get sneezed on....what am I retaahded? (Sorry, I live near Boston)....Sorry Crew for the 4 beer rant... Gerry, looks like you an me gonna be eatin an awful lot of chicken in May....I'll fast the week before!
ACHINBAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:37 PM   #85

Massachusetts
By the way folks, I do not mean to come across as cavalier regarding the virus and the obvious havoc resulting - my wife Jackie is in cardio-thoracic surgery @ St E's in Boston.... Pretty tight in the loop regarding.....We both love being & keeping others "Alive'......
Old 03-30-2020, 08:47 PM   #86

Name: Ed
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RT
Colorado
We are all either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Stay home and help Flatten the curve
IMEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:01 AM   #87

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHINBAC View Post
There is an awful lot of collateral damage that comes with simply being alive.....in my 60s now it becomes more and more apparent every year as old friends pass... yet I still rock climb, ski, ride dirt & mountain bikes, snowmobile, climb & cut trees, hug, embrace, get sneezed on....what am I retaahded?
Eloquently said. But what you left out is that when you engage in the risky behaviors you mention above, the only person you put at risk is yourself. Old friends pass due to age related conditions and as a result of risky behaviors like smoking (cancer) and excessive drinking (liver failure). These behaviors generally do not take other people’s lives. In a world where a highly contagious virus is running rampant and failing to follow guidelines promoted by the CDC so that “me, me, me” can have a good time is both negligent and irresponsible, when it may lead to an easily preventable spread of disease. But then again, today’s society has come to embrace an “I can do whatever gives ME personal gratification.”
C&G in FL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:56 AM   #88

Please again …. Let's keep this RALLY a Rally thread.
there are other threads on FGRV for all the Covid-19 posts.
thank you.
Gerry
Old 03-31-2020, 06:08 AM   #89

Massachusetts
I bow to your Sage advice Gerry, and with my brass ring now disembark from this verbal carousel before I am inevitably flung from it......am no longer the pithy erudite orator as in days of yore and am certain to lose my grip in short order. I'll retreat to my moral lowground - it's getting awfully crowded up on the hill .......
Stay safe all, Dave
Old 03-31-2020, 08:39 AM   #90

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Keep this a "RALLY" when everyone in the nation is being asked to STAY AT HOME??? What am I missing here??? Texas is telling Lousianians if they come into their state to SELF-QUARANTINE. If something doesnt turn around quick, it's a matter of time before all states will have to bow to barring out-of-state travelers... Florida?

This blows my mind to be asked not mention the virus but come on to a rally. wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Please again …. Let's keep this RALLY a Rally thread.
there are other threads on FGRV for all the Covid-19 posts.
thank you.
Gerry
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:11 PM   #91

Massachusetts
Self Quarantine

After reading back through some of the previous posts, I've had a change of mind regarding other's advice to self quarantine...... Tomorrow I am calling Steve at Chocoura and extending our stay by an additional 8 days bringing the total to 14....
Attached Thumbnails
every-family-has-that-one-kid-beware-of-sharks-there’s-59899575.png  
Old 03-31-2020, 04:22 PM   #92

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
I never expected to surface on FGRV, but I’ve now finally seen some classic examples of Darwinism in action. Survival of the fittest, or perhaps the brightest, is exactly how some traits are eliminated from the gene pool. Perhaps this rally can be relocated to Central Park to make it even more fun. Imagine eating chicken at Strawberry Fields or wading in the fountain. Frankly, I expect this rally might not happen anyway as the number of infections is not expected to peak until May or June and the same health authorities will likely impose more restrictions anyway. Unfortunately, there will always be people who display questionable judgement. I wonder if any of the fiberglass trailer manufacturers offer a ventilator option.
C&G in FL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:51 PM   #93

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
I am not passing judgment on anyone or anyone’s post or anyones motives
I think we need to give some weight to where people live in this discussion
We live in Northern Wisconsin , we’ve had snow on the ground since last November , our temps are still in the 30’s ,the lakes are still covered with ice
and my trailer has been in storage since late last September
We only have about a 4 month camping season so after a long cold winter we are anxious to get outside and go camping . I can understand why some are reluctant to give up one moment of Spring and Summer . In other parts of the country weather conditions are different and the compulsion to get out and mingle may not be as strong
Non of what I posted is an excuse for irresponsible behavior on my part
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:49 PM   #94

Massachusetts
Great minds think alike, greater ones execute....as we speak am in the final stages of that option in the Monster Garage tonight: sound abatement / clean room grade air purifier enclosure for our Honda 2000 - 39db as tested @ 20' (half as quiet as Gramercy park @ 4 am Sunday morning) Hand sanitizer is applied to the 38lbs of lead cored foam dots and backer creating a safe zone in its immediate proximity. If you zoom in you'll see the dual fuel nitrous oxide port for an even more enjoyable operating experience.... Will be on display at the rally if it comes to pass for those interested.... As to Darwin's Theory, the "Advancement" of society has determined that all must exist, at almost any cost, and for as long as possible > the book has now been shelved regarding for the human race - is there a cost? I don't know.... It is an interesting point to ponder. I do not sit in harsh judgement, though, but do think about it from time to time as I brainstorm my little projects...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200331_190603176.jpg  
Old 03-31-2020, 06:21 PM   #95

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Nice quite box for the gennie - Just think about heat build up, exhaust escape and air intake for the motor to run.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:35 PM   #96

Massachusetts
Steve - I have stayed in touch on an almost weekly basis with a fantastic couple from Detroit Lakes MN we met at Itaska when we picked up our Scamp a few years ago.... From my perspective here close to Cape Cod, your winters are not for the faint of heart..... I feel your sentiment regarding though as both Jackie and I work a pretty heavy schedule and as a consequence our precious camping time is limited.. Going forward this year I know it can be done safely with minor adjustments for all concerned....
Old 03-31-2020, 07:24 PM   #97

Massachusetts
Yes, heat build up was a primary concern as I wanted to keep the enclosure as small as possible.At 1/4 throttle which runs the small portable AC unit hack I did (see my archived posts) it's perfectly fine, and also for 40 amp battery charging. Beyond that I'd open the top. Bit of a balance between ultimate sound attenuation for reasonable needs vs flat out output....
Old 04-01-2020, 05:29 AM   #98

No News from the Campground last week so I assume the opening date for camping is still on schedule
Also here I want to say, we were still calling it a "Rally" just because that's what the title of the thread is and as I have said in previous threads that the events of the "Rally" have been thrown out the window, so now it is just a "Camping Trip" where we will or will not be seeing each other.
If not having the Events along with the Virus. push one toward the no-show list, I totally understand and we will hope to see everyone in 2021 for a Rally
As said in some threads, even the campgrounds or borders, may be shut down by May 14.
No body can see the future.
Hope to see you Camping.

Gerry
Old 04-01-2020, 09:26 AM   #99

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Running a generator in a confined space is probably a worst idea than going to the store in today's climate.....a time bomb.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #100

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
I would suggest that the generator discussion be moved to a separate- stand alone thread so this rally thread can remain on topic .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote