NH 2020, May 14-17: Spring Fling in New England for 2020 - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-28-2020, 01:32 PM   #141

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I'm trying to understand how this rally is more important than keeping people alive. Seems selfish to me.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:36 PM   #142

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp 13 D
Massachusetts
Well, CPW, I guess we know you a little better now......Glen, the Folks coming to this Rally will have made the decision based on their sound or unsound personal judgements. The same applies to the ones who have cancelled. Some are waiting for a cure before they venture back out, some are not. Some consider campsites thirty feet apart sufficient, to some any distance would not be acceptable given the prevailing wind at the time. Communal spaces such as bathrooms are obviously an issue though fortunately we are bringing our own as are many others.....We will miss the people who choose not to come this year, but will look forward to seeing them next year. I don't have John V's nice camera equipment, but with his help I'm sure we can get some pics of this year posted for all!
ACHINBAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:58 PM   #143

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
OK COOL IT- Dave and Carl. I had asked once before and will again this is not the place for this discussion and Please take it to another thread and not muck up the Spring Fling in New England Rally thread.
Carl your right that I can not absolutely Guarantee a safe gathering and that is why it is up to any individual to decide for themselves if they want to attend or cancel.
There is no hard feelings just hard facts and we hope that year 2021 everything will be back to normal and I do hope to see all the Spring Flingers again.
So if there is no subject matter that has to do with the Rally Please do not post.
The one and only HOST of the Spring Fling.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 04:16 PM   #144

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Promoting a gathering / rally complete with a group chicken bbg in the middle of a deadly pandemic , where everyone is being encouraged to stay home and expecting no one to point out the obvious flaw in the plan is rather naive .

We have a rally booked for late September but if conditions don’t improve dramatically , we won’t be there . Hard to attend a rally when your hooked to a ventilator

Have fun !’
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 04:30 PM   #145

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp 13 D
Massachusetts
Jeepers Creepers! They've unleashed the dogs of war upon us! Pull back on My leash Gerry, pull for all your worth my Good Man!
ACHINBAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:19 PM   #146

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
This.
Attached Thumbnails
Be-Kind.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:32 PM   #147

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Well said.

Donna, thanks.

I was about to get Gerry upset by posting some response, but you said enough.

Grammy used to say: "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything."
So here goes.

" ------------------------------------------ ."

Jon MB
Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 04:15 AM   #148

I want to say to all that I have been trying to be up front and keep you all in the know how the rally will be run this year.
It will not be the rally of previous years. For the safety of all, there will be no social events taking place so really it is just a camping trip for you who will still be coming.
I urge people to go to threads as far back as #64 - #74 - #98 = #121, and further where I had post that the schedule prior posted is thrown out the window.
So at this time I want to just say that the campground is open and I am now working there as Special Project Person but I will be there just CAMPING on May 14 - 17.
So if your still inclined to come and camp be sure to come by site 49, with masks on and see me.
Gerry
Old 04-30-2020, 05:53 AM   #149

Name: Mimi
Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B;TV = 2011 Toyota Tundra Extracab 5.7L
NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
the campground is open and I am now working there as Special Project Person but I will be there just CAMPING on May 14 - 17.
So if your still inclined to come and camp be sure to come by site 49, with masks on and see me.
Thanks so much for posting, Gerry - I am looking forward to this, it will be the first time I've actually set up my Escape on my own at an official campground - I'm so glad the KOA is remaining open.

My reservation doesn't say a campsite # (or at least I'm not seeing it) - I'll be at a "back-in, water/electric" location, and I'm sure it'll be great.

Will be sure to include #49 in my walks - it'll be a treat, meeting you -- and whoever else happens to be camping. We will all be suitably distanced, respectful and masked, of course.

And behind my mask - trust me, there will be a huge smile on my face
Old 04-30-2020, 02:11 PM   #150

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Gerry,
You can always ask a moderator to remove those posts extraneous to the rally by reporting a post.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:49 AM   #151

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
PLEASE dont ask moderators to step in. This topic has been one of the best free "Dramas" I've seen on here since being a member!; especially the episode where ACHINBAC got busted!! Didnt see that coming!
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 09:51 AM   #152

Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2024 Escape 21C
New Hampshire
Spring Fling

Thanks for all of your work Gerry we will be there and stop by to visit from a safe distance as long as it’s not gonna rain for days, we need to get away just like everyone else it has been stressful but common sense prevails. Hope to see you in a couple of weeks

NH Boomers
Old 05-01-2020, 10:09 AM   #153

Name: Lesley
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
I am so sorry to say but I had to cancel my reservation - I don't have my TT yet so I had reserved a cabin. I am lucky to be able to continue working from home but it has been so incredibly busy with all that is going on and I'm just not able to take the time off to get away. Please enjoy a piece of BBQ chicken for me! I look forward to Spring Fling 2021 and meeting everyone! Stay safe and healthy and safe travels.
shrimpscampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:23 AM   #154

now that I am working I have no time to post or read all additions to threads but no more can be said that hasn't been said before so all that can not make it this year I look forward to the 2021 Spring Fling where we can all enjoy the Rally as past years.
Gerry
Old 05-01-2020, 11:39 AM   #155

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Sorry, but I'm not going to be able to come this year. Money's tight and I just can't justify the expense to go to a rally where I'll just have to avoid people. For me, the whole point of coming to the rally is to mingle and see other people's rigs and we can't do that right now.

So thank you Gerry for all your hard work for this year and past years. I will see you next year! I hope the people who manage to come have a great time even with the limitations.

P.S. Site 47 has opened up. This is a pull-through site right next to Gerry's.
supercorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 02:08 PM   #156

New Hampshire
NH Campgrounds

Hi Gerry,

So the Governor was just on live and said NH campgrounds can only operate at 50% capacity or every other site and camping is only open to NH residents at this time, we are good to go but quite a few folks are from out of state FYI

NHBoomers
Old 05-01-2020, 02:10 PM   #157

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
What is NH doing about existing reservations? That sounds like a reasonable way to handle it, though.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 02:17 PM   #158

New Hampshire
camping reservations

Hi Bobbie,

Nothing was mentioned and that probably has nothing to do with the governor, I guess if I were you I would call the campground. Next year will be better.

NHBoomers
Old 05-01-2020, 03:33 PM   #159

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Trillium
Maine
The Governor’s Economic Re-Opening Task Force recommends protocols for safeguarding
all New Hampshire businesses and individuals during the coronavirus disease 2019
(COVID-19) pandemic. This industry-specific guidance is based on what is currently known
about COVID-19 and is intended to protect the public’s health and allow New Hampshire to
remain open for business

It is only recommended not mandated per http://www.governor.nh.gov/news-medi...ampgrounds.pdf
jroh88_1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:34 PM   #160

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-Boomers View Post
Hi Bobbie,

Nothing was mentioned and that probably has nothing to do with the governor, I guess if I were you I would call the campground. Next year will be better.

NHBoomers
Oh, I don't live anywhere nearby, was just wondering as it might be something our state could do except that in some cases that would mean canceling half the reservations.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote