NH 2020, May 14-17: Spring Fling in New England for 2020 - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-01-2020, 04:05 PM   #161

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Here's a link to the NH notice:
https://www.governor.nh.gov/news-med...ampgrounds.pdf

For those, like us from outtastate, that want the gist:

"....the State of New Hampshire recommends policies and procedures to protect consumers and employees, including:..."

and then:

"1.Campgrounds may only be open to members or residents of New Hampshire...."

Now the latent lawyer within me wants to maintain a glimmer of hope by the conditionals of "recommends", and "may", as optional terms distinctly different from words such as "mandates" and "shall"...
but then my bar exam study material was printed on 12 ounce bottles....

Jon MB

Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 04:09 PM   #162

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Trillium
Maine
It is a recommended not a mandate

The Governorís Economic Re-Opening Task Force recommends protocols for safeguarding
all New Hampshire businesses and individuals during the coronavirus disease 2019
(COVID-19) pandemic
jroh88_1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:35 PM   #163

Name: Gerry
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1300 / 1991 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Maine
just arrived at the campground, from Maine, and heard this news also for the 1st time. I know the GM and owners of the campground plan a meeting tomorrow on the subject of our Spring Fling Group and I asked them to let me know ASAP so I can post it here.
Should know more after the big wigs hold their meeting tomorrow.
Will post as soon as I know anything.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 07:11 PM   #164

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroh88_1969 View Post
It is a recommended not a mandate

The Governorís Economic Re-Opening Task Force recommends protocols for safeguarding
all New Hampshire businesses and individuals during the coronavirus disease 2019
(COVID-19) pandemic
There are also the terms "must" and "may only" farther down in the text, so debatable as to how to interpret it all. Makes no difference to us as we didn't plan on attending this year. Did the rally two years ago, and Gerry and his wife did a great job at it.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:04 AM   #165

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
.... I asked them to let me know ASAP so I can post it here. .... Will post as soon as I know anything.
Gerry
Gerry, Thank you so much.
Jon MB
Old 05-02-2020, 06:19 AM   #166

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Sadly I will have to cancel site 95 due to CV19 restrictions as I am out of state. PA has already cancelled my stop over site. Now I am planning on next year hopefully. Bummed out....
Old 05-02-2020, 07:21 AM   #167

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Yeah it is looking pretty dim for me also.
ThomasC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 04:18 PM   #168

Maine
Well the situation is still fluid and the news said today that the Governor was misquoted yesterday and out of state people "May" be able to come to NH to camp.
I will keep you posted here on FGRV when ever I hear more.

Those who choose not to make it this year, I look forward to seeing you all next year at the Spring Fling in New England Rally 2021.
Gerry
Old 05-02-2020, 05:08 PM   #169

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We have a camping friend that lives in New Hampshire who is keeping us updated on what their Governor's rules are. Our friend said the Governor's words were to the effect that out-of -staters could only camp if they were "members", which our friend interprets as "seasonal campers". So it continues on as how to interpret the actual rules. Good luck with the rally. EDIT: it probably comes down to what the campground management wants to do.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:35 PM   #170

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
We have a camping friend that lives in New Hampshire who is keeping us updated on what their Governor's rules are. Our friend said the Governor's words were to the effect that out-of -staters could only camp if they were "members", which our friend interprets as "seasonal campers". So it continues on as how to interpret the actual rules. Good luck with the rally. EDIT: it probably comes down to what the campground management wants to do.
It also said something about self-contained RVs only had to comply with the every other site rule. But unclear if that overruled out of state or not!
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:57 PM   #171

Massachusetts
... you can't go home again....

Bonnie, the sane one in this tag team, pointed out that we'd have to self quarantine for 14 days when we return to the People's Republic of Massachusetts as per our Commonwealth's guidelines.

I have more than enough accrued time to squander in such a fashion, but my employer would not appreciate me being out for what they'd likely consider a frivolous reason.

I'm suspecting I'll need to maintain the domestic tranquility and defer to her better judgement on this matter.

Jon MB
Old 05-04-2020, 04:47 AM   #172

Maine
I still can not get a definitive answer from the campground on situation about out of state campers being able to come in to camp in NH.
The main question they seem to have is do we fit into a group that is considered Seasonal Campers where we come every year.
If you are, as I am, still in the dark and have questions, give the office a call and see if you can get your questions answered.
Gerry
Old 05-04-2020, 05:10 AM   #173

Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 19 Deluxe
New Hampshire
Spring Fling

Hi Gerry,

Personally I agree with the Governors sentiment regardless of the verbiage, other states have had way more cases than NH/ME/VT and I wouldnt even think of going out of state camping rite now, this is a big deal and its not anyone in particular its the virus so I hope nobody gets offended here but if so oh well. So far I know of 3 people that have been taken by the virus, 1 from NH,1 from MA and 1 from CT. We will be there and keep to ourselves and will walk on by and wave with masks on. Hopefully next year we can all have a more normal group camping experience-stay healthy!! see you soon

NHBoomers
NH-Boomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 02:18 PM   #174

Massachusetts
N.H. residents only

I just got a call from the campground. "The other shoe has dropped..."
Campgrounds are closed to all but NH residents.
Not knowing when (or if) a 2020 Fling might be scheduled we opted for a refund of our first night's deposit.

I'm still going to take the days off from work, but it's CampDriveway this time.

Jon MB
Old 05-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #175

Maine
To all Spring Fling People.
SPRING FLING IN NEW ENGLAND 2020 IS CANCELED
Just got word that the campground will be closed to all out of state campers and thus,we have decided to cancel the Spring Fling in New England Rally for 2020
So very sorry for such a late posting.
You will receive a call, if from out of state, and if in state you are still allowed to come and camp if you want.
Next year we are in hopes that we will all get together for a traditional Rally of years past.
Your host
Gerry
Old 05-06-2020, 08:23 PM   #176

Name: Bill
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Connecticut
Wait til next year

Gerry, thanks for all your efforts in trying to make this happen. Weíll all be there next year
bisonbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:34 AM   #177

Maine
We were in hopes that the Governor of NH were going to relax the mandates and we were all going to abide by the isolation rules but alas it never came.
As said if things settle down in 2021 we'll all see each other again.
Gerry
Old 05-07-2020, 12:06 PM   #178

Name: Mimi
Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B;TV = 2011 Toyota Tundra Extracab 5.7L
NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
To all Spring Fling People.
SPRING FLING IN NEW ENGLAND 2020 IS CANCELED

You will receive a call, if from out of state, and if in state you are still allowed to come and camp if you want.

Your host
Gerry
Hi, Gerry -

Just got a call from Steve at the KOA, and because I live in NH, I still can come. And - I AM coming, nights of May 15 & 16. Truck, trailer and small dogs (now have 2 corgis) - we will be there.

Why? I need the practice! Figuring out how one navigates in and around a campground and campsite (even in these restricted times), setting up my camper and site, meal prep, clean-up, breaking camp at the end - camping!

Will be duly mask and sanitizer-protected, of course.

In all truth - I am too excited NOT to come!

Old 05-07-2020, 06:21 PM   #179

Maine
I will be there also but may be working but on site 49 so I'll see you.
Gerry
Old 05-10-2020, 04:39 AM   #180

Maine
Just a short note to say thanks to all of you for being patient with all the ups and downs of the past few months.
I was informed from Steve, Office Manager that 90% have rebooked for the Rally in 2021 and I am happy to hear that. I know there has been a few glitches with refunds and such but I always try to get a handle of it as soon as they pop up.
I want to thank Allen Pease for updating the Fiberglass Rally Web Page.
Next years Rally will be May 13 - 16 and pray that we will all enjoy the fun times we've had in the past.
Thanks again for your patients and your patronage to the Spring Fling in New England Rally
Your Host
Gerry