NH 2020, May 14-17: Spring Fling in New England for 2020 - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2020, 01:47 PM   #181

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
I just signed up for next year - Wednesday - Monday, along with friends next door in a Scamp 16.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:19 PM   #182

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Trillium
Maine
we also signed up for next year May 11Th - 18th on site #46
jroh88_1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 04:33 AM   #183

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Guess this means I better get started planning out next years Rally, I already have the schedule made out just have to scribble out the year date on the top and pencil in 2021.
the campground is following the Governors guidelines and we as workers are wearing masks when off our sites and enforcing all guidelines mandated by the Governor.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 07:37 AM   #184

Name: Jon
New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroh88_1969 View Post
we also signed up for next year May 11Th - 18th on site #46
That's confusing - I was on 46 this year & when I signed up for next year they put me on the same (#46) site so I could be next to my friends in the site next door.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:36 PM   #185

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
We'll be back! Site #98 has been reserved for Bonnie RB, Jon MB, and Fallon K9.
Looking forward to seeing everyone in 2021.

Bonnie RB
Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 04:07 PM   #186

Maine
Thats what i thought to Jon because we were the ones that switched with you so you could be next to them and we took your site 40 I just sent steve a email at the KOA
Old 05-12-2020, 07:24 AM   #187

Maine
Just got a email from Steve at the campground I`m back on site 40 so see ya guys next year

Jeff & Dodie
Old 05-16-2020, 12:51 PM   #188

Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2017 Oliver Legacy Elite 2
New Hampshire
Non Spring Fling

Good afternoon,
We are here at the non Spring Fling and it is pretty quiet although there are quite a few sites filled there are only a few of us from NH we are on site 36 near the water and ran into Gerry a few times but we have yet to meet the others. Folks are all wearing masks while walking around, and to enter the store one family at a time you need to first use hand sanitizer and wear a mask, same with the bathroom. The energy from Spring Fling 2019 (our first time) is noticeably missing so we hope to see all of you at Spring Fling 2021
Old 05-16-2020, 04:08 PM   #189

Name: Mimi
Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B;TV = 2011 Toyota Tundra Extracab 5.7L
NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-Boomers View Post
Good afternoon,
We are here at the non Spring Fling and it is pretty quiet although there are quite a few sites filled there are only a few of us from NH we are on site 36 near the water
This is my first solo adventure at a campground, came over from Piermont NH to the non-Fling, and am happily lodged right down the way from you in Site 30, also on the water!

Hope to see you in passing - safely behind masks and appropriately distanced, of course. And - apologies if my corgis bark, it's their first time on an outing of this sort, as well.

Mimi, Toast (the corgi who uses wheels) and Steed
Old 05-16-2020, 06:17 PM   #190

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp 13 D
Massachusetts
Jon & Jr - to add to the confusion, we were on #44 last year & asked Steve to bump us to 46 for this year.... & Confirmed with Steve after the cancellation notice that we would like to retain 46 for 2021. When I saw your post Jr I called Steve and found that site was reserved for you Jon.... So all good as we like 44 which Steve retained for us next year, & stoked to see you're next to your Buds.... With all our campgrounds shut down here Ma, we did what any Ol' Pirate would do > we headed to Duck Harbor in Wellfleet for some stealth camping...... Hit the bike trails at Race Point & Head of the Meadow, fried clams, lobster rolls, and big starry skies..... Can't wait to see you all next year! Until then > Carry On - CSNY...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200513_203833614.jpg   IMG_20200513_171525104_HDR.jpg  

IMG_20200513_194952962.jpg  
ACHINBAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:03 PM   #191

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Clams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHINBAC View Post
Jon & Jr - to add to the confusion, we were on #44 last year & asked Steve to bump us to 46 for this year.... & Confirmed with Steve after the cancellation notice that we would like to retain 46 for 2021. When I saw your post Jr I called Steve and found that site was reserved for you Jon.... So all good as we like 44 which Steve retained for us next year, & stoked to see you're next to your Buds.... With all our campgrounds shut down here Ma, we did what any Ol' Pirate would do > we headed to Duck Harbor in Wellfleet for some stealth camping...... Hit the bike trails at Race Point & Head of the Meadow, fried clams, lobster rolls, and big starry skies..... Can't wait to see you all next year! Until then > Carry On - CSNY...
Our local clam shack "Oxford Creamery" in Mattapoisett MA opened with no staff and a limited menu. Their building is to small for things to work so the owners are working out of a trailer. All transactions are online. No cash, just show up and get your order in a bag. The new normal.

I had a Lobster roll but no clams. I'm jealous!
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:32 PM   #192

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp 13 D
Massachusetts
ThomasC - had no idea you live practically in our back yard ( we're in Middleborough) - I spent the last 2 years with my oldest Son working on his 50 yr old Friendship Sloop @ Brownell's before she sailed last September to East Boston to her home port now. (Pic w/ his girlfriend is at the Chartroom in Cataumet on the way up). Just got off the phone w/ a Bud from Centerville a few minutes ago & word on the street is they're selling scallops & haddock fresh off the boat in Whytchemere & Rock Harbor 10¢ on the dollar to get around the restrictions..... Am headed to Chatham for work starting Monday & you know I'm gonna stock up!!!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190830_191106168.jpg   18324.jpg  

ACHINBAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:15 AM   #193

Had a wonderful night down on John and Jane's site around the fire with the other non- spring flingers (this year) Mimi, Rick and Sharleen also came over as we are now allowed 10 people on a site with masks and 6 feet apart.
A big thanks to the GM of the Campground, Bob, for a few bundles of wood and some fire starters so the 6 of us could get together but the topic of the night was centered around the virus and a bit depressing.

We all went and saw Mimi's new camper and we were all very happy for her.

The campground is working me to the bone these opening weeks before the Memorial holiday and this old body is breaking down. Going to have to have a few days off soon or I will be out of commission for a week.

Gerry
Old 05-17-2020, 04:17 AM   #194

oh, maybe an added event for next years Rally will be a bon-fire, opening night were we can burn all our face masks.
Gerry
Old 05-18-2020, 04:52 PM   #195

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Massachusetts
Registry
You have 3 corgis!? Yay! I only have one but will hopefully see you and yours at next year's Spring Fling. I'm assuming you have Pembrokes? I have a Cardigan and run into so few Cardigan owners. Happy camping corgis! My Zoe loves to camp.
supercorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:32 PM   #196

Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2017 Oliver Legacy Elite 2
New Hampshire
Great meeting you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimie View Post
This is my first solo adventure at a campground, came over from Piermont NH to the non-Fling, and am happily lodged right down the way from you in Site 30, also on the water!

Hope to see you in passing - safely behind masks and appropriately distanced, of course. And - apologies if my corgis bark, it's their first time on an outing of this sort, as well.

Mimi, Toast (the corgi who uses wheels) and Steed
Mimi it was great to meet you, did you reserve your site on the way out? We were told that "someone tried to poach our site for 2021" but alas we will be on site 36 again next year!!!

NHBoomers-Jane and John
Old 06-04-2020, 05:20 PM   #197

feeling so weird not posting and promoting the Spring Fling in New England Rally that was suppose to be held but due to events had to be canceled.
Here is hoping all is well and I know that lots of you have already made reservations for next year and I will be looking forward to seeing all of you for the fun and games and feasting in 2021.
Your host
Gerry
Old 06-04-2020, 06:14 PM   #198

Name: Alan
Massachusetts
Already have it on the calendar Spring Fling 2021, Thursday, May 13 through Sunday, May 16, 2021 at Chocorua Camping Village KOA.
Fun Pigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:55 AM   #199

NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-Boomers View Post
Mimi it was great to meet you, did you reserve your site on the way out? We were told that "someone tried to poach our site for 2021" but alas we will be on site 36 again next year!!!

NHBoomers-Jane and John
Hi, folks! Hey, sorry I didn't respond sooner - only just now seeing your post. Answer to your question - YES! I signed up for next year, site #28 I believe, and the other folks we met with the rehab'ed Scamp will be in #30. So - fun times, ahead.
Such a happy time, it was a treat meeting the few who were able to make it to the "non-Fling" - a quiet intro for me, who is new to all of this stuff.
Stay safe, and enjoy that sweet rig of yours. See you next year, or who knows - maybe before? (Remember, Farmway is just a stone's throw from my place...)
Old 06-05-2020, 06:57 AM   #200

NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
I will be looking forward to seeing all of you for the fun and games and feasting in 2021.
Your host
Gerry
Gerry, you are the greatest, it was a treat meeting you at the non-Fling last month. Thank you for being so welcoming and helpful to this newcomer.
I have my spot all reserved for next year, #28, looking forward to it SO much!