WA 2020, May 15-17: Maryhill in May 2020 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2020, 06:23 PM   #21

Name: Alan & Barb
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Registry
Barb and I are very much homebodies but cabin fever is setting in! We are so looking forward to Maryhill and hopeful that the park will be open. Even if we have to sit 6’ apart and roast hot dogs over candles.
Barb and Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:20 PM   #22

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
Talking Maryhill

I just had email from WA State Parks... saying closed thru May 4. (which we knew already). then saying they are not taking reservations thru June 15 (I think). But nothing is said about what if we already have reservations before June 15. Not clear... anyone know ...?? or maybe they have not decided yet to re-open? Hope so!!!
Carolyn N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:09 AM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn N. View Post
I just had email from WA State Parks... saying closed thru May 4. (which we knew already). then saying they are not taking reservations thru June 15 (I think). But nothing is said about what if we already have reservations before June 15. Not clear... anyone know ...?? or maybe they have not decided yet to re-open? Hope so!!!
Got that e-mail too...
I'm not trying to read too much into it, but I think they just don't want to take any more money that they will have to refund if there's an extension of the closure.

We're going to be there if the park is open. The usual activities will be in compliance with the park's local guidelines on gathering around campfires.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:15 AM   #24

Washington
Yes I will be there too! Just got email that Taidnapam has cancelled our reservations for early June. Annoying! but they are different system so hopefully State Parks will be open.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:50 AM   #25

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I didn’t get the email. Maybe they aren’t telling out of staters.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 01:01 PM   #26

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda R002 View Post
I didn’t get the email. Maybe they aren’t telling out of staters.
It was the monthly "eNews from Washington State Parks | April 2020" mailing.
You might have to opt in to get it (I don't remember doing so ).

I'll copy the text below - the formatting and links didn't come over, but they basically point back to each other and don't say anything useful.

Tacoma Parks canceling June reservations is troubling tho'....

Washington state parks closed
temporarily through May 4
Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission and the state departments of Natural Resources (DNR) and Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) extended the closure of state lands to the public through May 4. The closure coincides with the extension of Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order.
Get updates on our response to the coronavirus pandemic. You can also check out the CDC's guidelines for more information on how state and federal recreation lands are working to keep the public safe. Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to work together to keep all Washingtonians safe!
What about reservation refunds?
If you made a reservation to stay at a Washington State Park through May 4, you will get a full refund — with no cancelation fee. You should be getting an email with further information within a week.
At this time, State Parks is not taking new reservations through June 15, 2020. Visit our website for more information.
Old 04-23-2020, 01:39 PM   #27

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Not the Maryhill gathering, (and not even a WA State Park facility,) but we were just notified today that Tacoma Power Parks, (aka the WA NOG at Taidnapum Park) is also cancelled. They cancelled all TPP reservations through June 15th, and since our event was scheduled for June 4-8, well, we're out of a trip. But they will make full reimbursement for your fees. I wouldn't be surprised if WA State Parks will extend their closure dates as well.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:40 PM   #28

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I'm hopeful that they might open parks but Yakima has a big outbreak going on so that could be a bit iffy- they might open some parks and not others. I think if it were up to me I'd open to RVs but not open facilities like restrooms and showers. But we should know soon and the likelihood is it won't open. I'll be there if it does even if I can only wave at other people!
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:16 AM   #29

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
The governor of WA state is basing his decisions on the science and also on the predictions being done by the University of Washington data base program. That program announcement from April 18th said that a very gradual resumption of social activity might be able to safely begin on May 18th. Opening camp grounds is probably not going to be the first thing on the list of gradual increasing of social activity. But I am not on the committee that is setting the priorities so I could be wrong about their priorities for resumption of social activities. But I am not wrong about that May 18th date the data base stated as being the current benchmark for safety for resuming any social activity in Washington State.

Plus maybe the state will finally get some PPE gear and some new test to administer and that could move the May 18th date to something sooner...or later.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:06 AM   #30

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
Plus maybe the state will finally get some PPE gear and some new test to administer and that could move the May 18th date to something sooner...or later.
I'm thinking that with the current trend in new infections and new "hot spots" which are gaining more and more victims, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the current projected May 18th reopening date will also have their can kicked down the road as well.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 04:40 PM   #31

Registry
Just listened to the governor's press conference.
Still pretty sure there is no plan to come out of this lockdown.
What he did announce was State Park day use, limited fishing and hunting will open May 5 - no camping. Then he went on to say they would be talking about what happens after May 5 later this week....

Not encouraging news - but I'll still wait and see if the send my reservation money back.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:21 PM   #32

Washington
Cool State Parks

Yes... just heard that. Well... interesting golfing is OK but not camping... and I suppose the legislators like to golf but maybe don't go camping??? Hope there is some pressure to let us camp!
Weird how Tacoma Power Parks closed us off already for June....
Old 04-27-2020, 07:49 PM   #33

Registry
Quote:
Yes... just heard that. Well... interesting golfing is OK but not camping... and I suppose the legislators like to golf but maybe don't go camping??? Hope there is some pressure to let us camp!
Weird how Tacoma Power Parks closed us off already for June....
I suspect a big part on campgrounds opening or not is the public facilities- restrooms- and also the fact that people come from other states to use them (though not so much here in Washington thanks to high fees!) I'd like to think they could tell campers to be self-contained and carry out their own garbage but the person who didn't do that would ruin it for everyone. Or could be the golf...

But I'm also not canceling my reservation.

Edit: just read the new reopening info- if they open day-use they might as well be opening restrooms, so not opening camping makes no sense. The campers ARE socially isolated except for rallies. No need to go out to eat, for example, staying at home as it were. So except for the campers who travel- why not open to locals? The abuses here when they were originally left open were the day-users and they will probably just do it again.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:27 PM   #34

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
The fine print said (paraphrased) don't assume all parks will open at the same time, it'll depend somewhat on local capabikities. It continued to say come prepared and bring your own handwashing supplies and TP.

I tend to agree that self contained camping should be ok. That would leave us out but we are not chomping at the bit,,,,,,,yet.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:24 PM   #35

Washington
I am not cancelling either.. For sure the golf courses have restrooms! Yes day users would be able to have restrooms...... duh....
keeping my fingers crossed... if they trust day users to follow rules why not us? strange politics going on here IMHO.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:05 AM   #36

Registry
Quote:
I am not cancelling either.. For sure the golf courses have restrooms! Yes day users would be able to have restrooms...... duh....
keeping my fingers crossed... if they trust day users to follow rules why not us? strange politics going on here IMHO.
I don't think it is politics. I think it has more to do with not wanting people to travel to destinations, especially going from "hotspots" to areas with few cases of Covid-19. And the complications that would or will result from opening some and not others are going to take some time to work out. The parks website doesn't indicate yet which ones will not open for day use. .

Although in general I believe that the day users are less likely to follow rules of social distancing and in the case of our Whidbey state parks, more likely to come from hotspots. But even during the closure the most popular park here, Deception Pass, has seen crowds of people on the bridge.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:41 AM   #37

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
There’s only 3 possible reasons for the dilemma!

1) Someone in charge doesn’t like you and is out to get you ?
2) You’re a victim in a sinister, deep state , environmentalist , Machiavellian plot to destroy camping ?
3) The day users aren’t using the showers , dump station , change rooms , and only get limited use of the pit toilets ?
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:39 AM   #38

Name: Ruth
Trailer: Amerigo
Washington
Registry
we have reservations too.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
That time again –
Maryhill SP reservations are open for 2020
We just made our reservations for our 11th gathering at Maryhill State Park the weekend before Memorial Day 2020 (May 15-17).

This will be the 11th year we've visited this area on this weekend - we've had small 'Not Organized' gatherings and a lot of fun in the area. This get together isn’t limited to fiberglass rv’s – we’ve had participants in every type of rv in past years.
Campfire Friday & Potluck Saturday…..
There are pictures from previous years in the links below our signature line.

Norma and I will be in site 50 from Wednesday 5/13 to Monday 5/18
Please join us if you can!

https://washington.goingtocamp.com/
Hi! We still have reservations also.....I was so excited as this will be my first Rally.....I thought it sounds like the Governor isn't opening the parks yet.....what have you heard? Have you talked to the park?
Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:48 AM   #39

Name: Ruth
Trailer: Amerigo
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
Hi! We still have reservations also.....I was so excited as this will be my first Rally.....I thought it sounds like the Governor isn't opening the parks yet.....what have you heard? Have you talked to the park?
just found other comments.....probably won't know anything for a few more days it looks like.....appreciate all the comments!
Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:18 PM   #40

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
Hi Ruth,
Ya - Wish it was clear yes or no....
I haven't bugged the locals because I'm sure they know as much as my own local leadership. They're looking for a plan too.

Its 2 weeks before we are planning to leave. We're lucky we can go or not on short notice, but I'm sure it's tough if you have to schedule your recreational time.