ON 2020, Sept 18-20: Niagara Wine Escape 2020 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2020, 08:37 AM   #21

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
I buy the cheap jello on sale for the carp bait and the good stuff for myself. We ate a lot of jello coming up. Two “recipes”, Lime jello with pineapple in it, and my mom’s specialty, orange jello with about a pound of shredded carrots in it. Always made in a large glass baking dish. At Christmas, my dad would get tuned up and we would make a large Jello salad. About three boxes of jello, sliced apples, sliced bananas, green grapes, a can of cherries, and black walnuts picked out of the nuts in the back yard. Then we would float mini marshmallows on the top. That was a holiday treat. We made it in a rose tinted, fluted glass bowl. Everything set up at a different level, I guess it was my first lesson in specific gravity.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:48 AM   #22

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I buy the cheap jello on sale for the carp bait and the good stuff for myself. We ate a lot of jello coming up. Two “recipes”, Lime jello with pineapple in it, and my mom’s specialty, orange jello with about a pound of shredded carrots in it. Always made in a large glass baking dish. At Christmas, my dad would get tuned up and we would make a large Jello salad. About three boxes of jello, sliced apples, sliced bananas, green grapes, a can of cherries, and black walnuts picked out of the nuts in the back yard. Then we would float mini marshmallows on the top. That was a holiday treat. We made it in a rose tinted, fluted glass bowl. Everything set up at a different level, I guess it was my first lesson in specific gravity.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... I love jello!!! My kids not so much. I guess that's my lesson on the "Generation gap"!!!
Alf S. North Shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:10 AM   #23

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Hey Alf, there is a town not too far from Niagara, NY called Le Roy- where there is a jello museum Home since it was first made there.
We camped nearby one Thankgiving at at nice cg https://www.facebook.com/TheRidgeNY/
also a really nice restaurant in town, located in the old train station https://www.dandrdepot.com
Old 03-26-2020, 09:07 AM   #24

Name: Ronald
Trailer: Trillium 1979 13ft.
Ontario
Registry
WINE ESCAPE

We are on site 68!
Butsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:05 PM   #25

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butsky View Post
We are on site 68!
Hi: Butsky... Looking forward to seeing you there. Thanks for the info.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 03-26-2020, 05:47 PM   #26

Name: Ronald
Trailer: Trillium 1979 13ft.
Ontario
Registry
Wine Escape

Hope this virus business doesn’t ruin the summer camping season with closures...
Butsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:07 AM   #27

Registry
Don't let the virus tireus!!!

Hi: All... We'll just have to stay in this holding pattern till we get an all clear before we can go camping.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:39 AM   #28

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
A friend called today and the campground is not taking any new reservations for now. They also reported having a lot of cancellations.
Fingers crossed I guess.
The rally is well after Labor Day and hopefully the border will be reopened and things will ease up by then. Sure hope so.

Walt
Old 06-20-2020, 07:42 AM   #29

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
A friend called today and the campground is not taking any new reservations for now. They also reported having a lot of cancellations.
Fingers crossed I guess.
The rally is well after Labor Day and hopefully the border will be reopened and things will ease up by then. Sure hope so.

Walt
Hi: WaltP... Thanks for the info. Things are cautiously starting to open up here in Ontario. Tourist areas look to be the last on the list. I don't know what the rally will look like this year? Camping at best!!! This pandemic sure lends a new meaning to "Keep your distance".
Old 06-23-2020, 09:02 AM   #30

Name: Al
Trailer: Trillium
California
Hi Alf... with this covid-19 going on, my charity ride has been postponed to September... guess what weekend? The same as the rally!!! So not sure we can make it this year as I missed the charity ride last year due to health reasons. Don't count us out just yet though! Going to see what I can wrangle so I can do both if possible.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:53 AM   #31

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty61 View Post
Hi Alf... with this covid-19 going on, my charity ride has been postponed to September... guess what weekend? The same as the rally!!! So not sure we can make it this year as I missed the charity ride last year due to health reasons. Don't count us out just yet though! Going to see what I can wrangle so I can do both if possible.
Hi: scotty61... So fah... lah tee doh!!! Waiting and hoping!!!
Old 07-09-2020, 08:25 AM   #32

Registry
UPDATE as of July 07!!!

Hi: All... At present Niagara Wine Escape is on, but in a much modified form. No potluck dinner, beer/wine exchange. No day visitors allowed into the park to view trailers and any doors open allowed only at the discretion of the owners. We will have a socially distanced campfire at site 52, and other groups may have one too. Doesn't matter which side of the fire you sit on you will get smoked!!! Wear a mask if you feel more comfortable with one on.
Niagara board of health has let the Riverside CG. open... BUT NOT THE WASHROOMS. The border is still closed to cross border travel except for business.
This will change as Ontario opens up!!!
Old 07-09-2020, 08:41 AM   #33

Iowa
Rally

We have not contacted Celia regarding our reservations but it’s starting to look pretty iffy for US citizens being able to attend the rally. One of the ironic twists is the restroom closing at Riverside Campground. This is probably the cleanest restroom I’ve ever used in a campground and I’ve camped a lot of places. The little plastic triangle on the floor warning of a wet, just mopped floor seems to be always there because someone always seems to be cleaning. Immaculate. Best description.
That said, the sewer hookup sites allow most escapes and many others to have everything they need right at their site.
If things go off the way Alf has described there will still be fun to be had.
Keeping fingers crossed
Iowa Dave
Old 07-18-2020, 04:00 PM   #34

Name: Al
Trailer: Trillium
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: scotty61... So fah... lah tee doh!!! Waiting and hoping!!!
Hi Alf... looks like we won't be able to come this year, but I'll call Celia and have her reserve our site for the following year (2021).

Al (Scotty61)
Old 07-19-2020, 12:06 PM   #35

Name: Debbie
Trailer: Scamp
New York
If the borders open, we’d love to attend this Rally! Does anyone know the cancellation policy if we booked now but needed to cancel if the borders remain closed?
Debdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 12:15 PM   #36

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debdom View Post
If the borders open, we’d love to attend this Rally! Does anyone know the cancellation policy if we booked now but needed to cancel if the borders remain closed?
Last I knew the campground owner was not accepting reservations from US citizens because nobody knows how long the border will be closed.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:36 AM   #37

Name: Doug and Becky
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Registry
Sorry Alf, Looks like we will not be coming this year. I don't see any travel between US and Canada this year. Hope your able to come to Florida this winter.
CompactJR-Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:47 AM   #38

Registry
Canuck camping!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompactJR-Sailor View Post
Sorry Alf, Looks like we will not be coming this year. I don't see any travel between US and Canada this year. Hope your able to come to Florida this winter.
Hi: CompactJR-Sailor... Looks more and more like an "All Canadian" event this Sept. We have to keep our camping on this side... this year too!!! Ah... shouldn't that be "Casita-Sailor"
Old 07-28-2020, 12:08 PM   #39

Iowa
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompactJR-Sailor View Post
Hi Doug
Sorry we won’t see you in Canada this year. Hope for better days ahead. Hope that hitch is working out well for you.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-07-2020, 02:10 PM   #40

Registry
UPDATE as of Aug. 07

Hi: All... Calling all Canadian campers!!! The WASHROOMS are now open. One shower and two toilets/sink basins on each side for social distancing. Celia has asked for people to call for Rez's. They have spaces available.
As the song goes... "See you in September". Bring masks and hand sanitizer for your comfort.
Attached Thumbnails
206.jpg   P1040886.jpg  

Tags
escape