UT 2020 Southern Utah Tour needs leader! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-11-2019, 10:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 96 Casita Spirit Delux 16 ft
2020 Southern Utah Tour needs leader!

We receive a number of inquiries about the 2020 Southern Utah Tour and if there will be one.
The simple answer is that Betsy and I will not be leading the SUT next spring - as we have for many years. At times we feel as though we could do it again but May is several months off and we just don't feel that we should commit to doing it again.
We would love to have someone take over the leadership and hosting the tour. We would be happy to turn over the general plan for doing successful tour along with the itinerary and specific directions to the boondocking sites we have used. It could be done by anyone who has some leadership qualities and is willing to put in a little admin work
We have had lots of fun leading the SUT for so many years and have made friends that we would call lifetime friends.
Despite going to the same places each spring it never gets boring. While everyone is visiting the parks we would often explore some backroad or just relax and view the beautiful surroundings here in UTAH!
If someone is willing to step up to the task, please send me a PM on this site or to my private email address (you can find in the example of signup info requested in last years announcement posting). We would be happy to guide you on what you must do and when you need to do it.
Thank you, Don and Betsy
Doninut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 96 Casita Spirit Delux 16 ft
Southern Utah Tour

I have not had any responses regarding leading the Southern Utah Tour in the future.
I have had, however, a number of inquiries asking for the itinerary for the tour. I have added several notes to the 2019 itinerary and will send it to anyone who will send me an email to my personal email address. Look for my address in the announcement for the 2019 tour in the archives. Title your email "Southern Utah Tour". I will respond with the itinerary.
If you happen to already know my email address please DO NOT post it here.
Thanks, Don and Betsy
Doninut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:25 AM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
We have been going to UT at least once a year, since 1979. Still hasn't got old. Went twice in 2019, and we will be going back in February 2020. Once you are in Utah, sights like the Grand Canyon in Arizona are not far away either. North Rim for the win!

To those that have not been to UT yet, I highly recommend it. And with the variety of elevations, it can be visited year round (hence our February trip, last trip was in June). While Zion NP is at about 3000 feet and can be really hot in the summer, Bryce is at 8,000 feet plus, and Cedar Breaks is at 10,000 feet. Needless to say, Bryce sees a real winter!

Sadly, Utah has been discovered and the crowds we see now particularly at Zion make it unbearable in the summer. Meanwhile, the crowds in Bryce last June were reasonable, and I was able to get a walk up camp site (no reservation).

I will be checking out your itinerary as surely I have missed some stuff too!
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote