OR 2021, July22-25: Oregon Gathering 2021-Bullard's Beach - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-29-2021, 08:58 AM   #41
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Cancelling reservation

Linda I have sent you a private email -helping that will help you.

Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 12:44 PM   #42

Name: linda
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
I'm really not very good at this forum thing. I now know that I can just add someone else's name to my reservation with a phone call. If someone is intrested in my reservation for 3 nights call me at 5416339626
L C Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 03:06 PM   #43

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by L C Hanson View Post
I'm really not very good at this forum thing. I now know that I can just add someone else's name to my reservation with a phone call. If someone is intrested in my reservation for 3 nights call me at 5416339626

--------------------------------------------------------------

I called Linda and she added my name to her reservation. She is not able to go, so Julie and I will be in Space B-59 on Thurs, Fri and Sat nights. Handled through Reserve America. David in Fresno and Sonora, CA.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:04 AM   #44
Commercial Member

Extras vehicles and people visiting?

Since there was previously some discussion regarding this here is a clarification from the Oregon State Parks website :

"How many extra vehicles can I have in my campsite?

One primary motorized vehicle is included in the camping fee for each site. Campers may have up to one additional vehicle in each site for $7 per night, provided that all vehicles fit on the paved driveway within the site. No overflow parking is available elsewhere in the campground. Only one RV is allowed per spot."

Deb
Old 06-30-2021, 12:09 AM   #45
Commercial Member

Another reminder...possible campfire ban?

Just a reminder since this has happened in past years at our gathering and we are having unseasonably hot temperatures recently. There may be a campfire ban and the only thing allowed for cooking, etc. will be a propane or butane type camp stove. The ranger explained last time it has to be something with an on and off switch which will be allowed to be used. So be prepared in case we see a repeat of this campfire ban.

FYI: For newbies that haven't been to Bullard's Beach before:

The main campground at Bullards Beach is located 3/4 of a mile as the crow flies from the beach. This provides protection from occasional strong ocean breezes. Two trails connect the campground and beach. The Beach Trail is an easy paved/ bark-chipped 1 1/4 mile trail suitable for bikes that offers excellent views of the Coquille River as it transects the day-use portion of the park. Pearl's Trail, named for a member of the Bullard Family, is a moderate 3/4 mile trail that traverses sand and boardwalks through a dune ecosystem and seasonal wetlands. Additionally, there is parking in the day-use portion of the park that offers immediate access to the beach over a small foredune.

Deb
Host
Old 07-03-2021, 07:03 PM   #46
Commercial Member

Things to do and see in Bandon if this is your first trip there:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...on_Oregon.html
Old 07-06-2021, 10:51 AM   #47
Commercial Member

Oregon Gathering- Bullard's Beach State park

Hi,
I had forgotten to say we will be in campsite #A61 in our Bigfoot trailer.

Deb
HOST
Old 07-06-2021, 01:28 PM   #48

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Bullards Beach .

I may have posted this long ago , but many campers don't know it. There are Bullard family graves in the park itself, up a trail by the garbage bins. The family had a store on the river side where the park is now . Some of them (and others ? ) are buried up the trail a ways. Some died in 1918 ; that usually means the worldwide Flu epidemic. It is worth the short hike to see their cemetery. Lots to see at Bullards Beach. Hope to see you there. David (and Julie ) from Fresno and Sonora, CA.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:08 AM   #49

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Anyone interested in a site July 17 - 25th, please PM us.
Thanks,
Dave & Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 06:33 PM   #50
Commercial Member

Update from Bullard’s Beach: as of today campfires are being allowed. Also the Coquille lighthouse gift shop is open 10-2 in the park near the auditorium for the first time according to the camp host. Perfect beach weather here!

Deb
Old 07-17-2021, 10:53 AM   #51

Name: Carrie
Trailer: currently shopping
OR
Visiting rally?

Hi! Hubby and I live in southern Oregon and are planning on driving up to rally in order to get an up-close-and-personal look at the variety of fiberglass RVs that are available to buy! We don't YET own our own. Will people be open to showing us their babies do you think?
Thanks!
-- Carrie Collonge
Carrie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 11:38 AM   #52
Commercial Member

Trailer tours

I personally am not open this year to show our trailer as many others have already expressed they aren’t either. You can always call the factory of Casitas, Scamps and Escape trailers and get a referral to an owner who will be compensated for showing their trailer. I am here to relax and enjoy this area and am not interested in selling trailers is my personal opinion particularly in this pandemic climate. I think it is too much asking to come into our small personal spaces at this time. Maybe another year. BTW none of the trailers here are for sale.

Deb
Host
Old 07-17-2021, 12:53 PM   #53

Name: Carrie
Trailer: currently shopping
OR
Visiting rally?

Thank you Deb, for the prompt feedback. I understand your pandemic concerns.
Carrie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:11 AM   #54
Commercial Member

Oregon gathering

Carrie,
We aren’t even having any of our group activities for the attendees this year at Bullard’s Beach. We are hoping to resume them next year and get back to our potlucks and classes for our attendees. We are all basically a group of seniors that still enjoy camping and the outdoors.

DeB
Host
Old 07-18-2021, 08:53 AM   #55

Name: linda
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
I live in Woodburn, and with gladly show you the inside if you get here or if I get to Southern Oregon. My phone number is 5416339626. I won't be at this rally though
L C Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 01:22 AM   #56

Name: Sharon
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
Hi Carrie
My husband and I will be in B40 with our Escape 19. We will be happy to show it.
-Sharon
Sharon OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:56 AM   #57

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
ALERT!!! Highway US 101 is CLOSED both ways M-F 8 to noon AND 3 to 7 about 20 miles south of Crescent City. No detour available unless you take 299 from Arcata to Redding, which is brutal and long.

We opted to wait it out 3 hours, and arrived here at Bullard's about 9:30pm
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 05:16 PM   #58

Name: Susan
Trailer: Oliver
OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
they were all reserved months ago.

I believe the organizer has a waiting list, and if anyone wants to cancel, instead of just canceling with OSP, they ideally offer their reservations here.
Will Parks let you do that? I don't think so.

"Pearl", 2021 Oliver Elite II
Suza is offline   Reply With Quote