KY 2021, June 10-13: Eggs A La Bourbon Rally - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-01-2021, 08:42 PM   #21

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Site #2

I have re-reserved site #2 from last year's unfortunate COVID cancellation.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new folks at this year's rally in KY.
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:34 AM   #22

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We are so sorry to have to announce that we won’t be able to attend this year’s rally due Cindy’s upcoming knee surgery. Our site (006) will be taken this year by Ed and Tamara Workman from Carbondale, IL, in an Escape 5.0 TA.

Have fun everyone!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 01:23 PM   #23

Name: Bill and Earline
Trailer: Escape 21
Tennessee
We just grabbed the last available sites with a 2-night on the 9th and 10th in 27, 1-night on the 11th in site 22, and 1-night on the 12th in site 34.

We had to go through Customer Service to get single nights on the weekend, since that was all that was available, but it's done. We can now be neighbors to a variety of owners.

It's been quite a while since I've posted on this forum, so I don't know what might be in our avatar, but we are Bill and Earline from Signal Mountain, which is Chattanooga area. We have an Escape 21, 2014.

Looking forward to this one, since it will be our first time here.
wsonnenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 05:00 PM   #24

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
We are so sorry to have to announce that we won’t be able to attend this year’s rally due Cindy’s upcoming knee surgery. Our site (006) will be taken this year by Ed and Tamara Workman from Carbondale, IL, in an Escape 5.0 TA.

Have fun everyone!
We will be thinking of you all. We thought we could make it, as the surgery is scheduled for the next day after we would have gotten home, but I have to have a negative COVID test within 2 days of surgery. I tore my meniscus a year ago. No one thought to check above the broken foot, so now another summer is screwed fixing a bucket handle meniscus tear. Oh, and I broke my leg too at the time, but that was missed too. It healed on its own. Make sure that you have a rubber mat under your yoga step if you use one of these to exit your camper. Ours slid one way; I fell the other, hooking my foot on the door frame.

Have a good time for us. We might have to schedule a Bardstown stay later, as our barrels as Maker's Mark ambassadors come due in October. We need to buy that bottle from our barrels.

CindyL
Old 05-19-2021, 09:45 AM   #25

Name: Ken & Ellen
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 16 ft Deluxe
Indiana
Site 9 just became available. George and Rhonda needed to cancel. It is water and electric -no sewer. We decided to stay in our site 16 which is full hookup.
KenEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 11:10 AM   #26

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Rhonda & I regret that we've had to cancel our reservation for this years rally due to a conflict of schedule. Hope you all have fun and that we see you soon!
George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 12:35 PM   #27

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lauver View Post
Rhonda & I regret that we've had to cancel our reservation for this years rally due to a conflict of schedule. Hope you all have fun and that we see you soon!
We're going to miss you both! At least we have our own ice maker this year.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 05:28 PM   #28

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Look at the two of you, moving up in the world.[emoji23] Our's actually died and we have yet to replace it. Maybe with our next stimulus check...[emoji848]
George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 05:27 AM   #29

Name: Kathie
Trailer: class c looking for a small fiberglass
Kentucky
looking into buying a fiberglass trailer. can an outsider come and look at them without camping there?
kathsew4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 06:33 AM   #30

While we are unable to attend this year, I know that people have been very open about sharing information and even tours of their trailers. Due to COVID, however, inside peaks may still be limited this year by some campers. Saturday is usually the best day to visit (early afternoon). Visitors have always been welcomed!
Old 05-31-2021, 07:09 AM   #31

Oops... meant “inside peeks.”
Old 05-31-2021, 08:09 AM   #32

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Question A Peek?

Quote:
Oops... meant “inside peeks.”
Well, given the size of Kevin's & Cindy's 28' Bigfoot (complete with awning and attached screen house), a "peek" into their trailer just wouldn't do it justice. . . (See picture on CindyL's avatar above on this thread)

Unfortunately they won't be at this year's "Eggs a la Bourbon" rally but you can certainly take a look at my somewhat less than palatial 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe.

Based on the visits that I've "exchanged" with folks at other rallys so far this year, it wouldn't surprise me that I would be the only one open for "visits/tours".
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 09:41 AM   #33

Name: Ronn
Trailer: Escape 5.0 2019
MN
Any Information on the Primitive Campground

There is a possibility we may now be available to attend this rally. The only campsites available are in the primitive campground. I can't find information on the primitive campground, can anyone provide some information? ie: proximity to the other campground, toilet shower facilities etc?

If someone needs to cancel please let me know.

Thanks,
Ronn
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:15 AM   #34

The primitive sites are south of the parking lot and are listed as “tent site, tents only.” They are often used by local Boy Scout troops.

Keep checking for regular site cancellations. I know one just cancelled a day or so ago (site 9). Good luck!
Old 06-01-2021, 10:36 AM   #35

MN
Quote:
The primitive sites are south of the parking lot and are listed as “tent site, tents only.” They are often used by local Boy Scout troops.

Keep checking for regular site cancellations. I know one just cancelled a day or so ago (site 9). Good luck!
Thanks Kevin, I will keep checking.
Old 06-05-2021, 07:37 AM   #36

Name: Shawn
Trailer: 2021 Bigfoot 25B25RT. Prior units: 2019 Escape 21, 2001 Casita SD17
Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Thanks Kevin, I will keep checking.
Ronn,
Last time we attended this rally we had a spot that was muddy and really out of level. The camp folks offered to place us in the primitive section, which was much nicer and convenient to the rest of the camp sites. We ended up staying at our site as we wanted electric, it was hot and humid! Kentucky can be a bit sticky in June! If I had brought our Honda Eu3000 gen set I would have preferred the privative area.
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:43 AM   #37

Name: Shawn
Trailer: 2021 Bigfoot 25B25RT. Prior units: 2019 Escape 21, 2001 Casita SD17
Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathsew4u View Post
looking into buying a fiberglass trailer. can an outsider come and look at them without camping there?
Kathy,

The best way to see a molded fiberglass camper is to attend a rally, for the most part people love to show off there little eggs! Also many of the folks that you will meet have had other types of rv's and even other brands or sizes of molded fiberglass rv's. So they can help you weed out the size/layouts that may not work for your needs.
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:08 AM   #38

MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellfire View Post
Ronn,
Last time we attended this rally we had a spot that was muddy and really out of level. The camp folks offered to place us in the primitive section, which was much nicer and convenient to the rest of the camp sites. We ended up staying at our site as we wanted electric, it was hot and humid! Kentucky can be a bit sticky in June! If I had brought our Honda Eu3000 gen set I would have preferred the privative area.
Thanks Shawn, I appreciate your response and the info you provided. I do have a generator so I would have tried this.

We now have another obligation so we won't be making it. Wish we could.

Ronn
Old 06-14-2021, 11:17 AM   #39

Name: Ken & Ellen
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 16 ft Deluxe
Indiana
Talbot Inn

Great last night dinner. Thanks Trot and Anita for a great ralley
Attached Thumbnails
0613211716a_HDR.jpg  
KenEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 11:36 AM   #40

Name: Mary & Jim G
Trailer: Escape 23
Iowa
Just wondering if there will a get together in Bardstown in 2022? Past ones look really neat!
GILLMOS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally