MB 2021 Manitoba Fiberglass and Vintage Camper Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2021, 04:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
2021 Manitoba Fiberglass and Vintage Camper Rally

Hello all it is that time to start thinking about summer holidays and the Manitoba Fiberglass and Vintage Camper Rally held in St Malo Provincial Park Friday August 13th to Sunday August 15th, 2021.

With any luck it will be an actual Rally, but if the Province says so it maybe a Virtual Rally again. Will have to see how it goes with Vaccines and Covid19 cases by August.

Reservations open for St Malo Provincial Park Monday, April 12, 2021 at 7:00 am

https://prspub.gov.mb.ca

Check back often as we will post more info as we get it.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:50 PM   #2
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
Boarder Open Open Open and we are in!

Hi Rick! Hope all is well!
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 07:22 PM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tua View Post

We recently tried to make reservations for our May , 2021 40th annual fishing trip to Manitoba . We were told to hold off because the resort owner was not sure the border would be open by then and we could end up forfeiting our cabin deposit.
Sounds like a great rally and hopefully all will be worked out by then.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 05:30 AM   #4

Registry
With numbers skyrocketing on both sides of the boarder it will take a miracle to get cases to go down before the boarder reopens. At this point we can only hope people stay home and get the vaccine when it is available to them. I would love to go back to the OLD NORMAL, but somehow think there will always be a modified NEW NORMAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tua View Post

Old 01-03-2021, 05:32 AM   #5

Registry
Yes it is a big waiting game right now. Hope everything works out so life can back to some sort of normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We recently tried to make reservations for our May , 2021 40th annual fishing trip to Manitoba . We were told to hold off because the resort owner was not sure the border would be open by then and we could end up forfeiting our cabin deposit.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:26 AM   #6

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
I'm hoping that by March, or even February we'll have a fairly clear idea of how things will stand in August. I grew up in Ontario and Manitoba is the only province I've not visited. I'd like to attend this rally and combine it with a visit to some friends in Winnipeg. I suspect many on here know Giselle and J.P.

Walt
Old 01-09-2021, 01:19 PM   #7

Name: Thomas
Trailer: 72 Boler
Manitoba
Looking forward to it

Hi Rick!
Can’t wait to book a spot looking forward to it it’s always fun being there and seeing you
Tomavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 09:31 AM   #8

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We'd love to see you here Steve, Iowa Dave is the only US Escape owner who's been to this rally. I hope the border is open by then but at this point in March with an apparent third wave beginning I rather doubt it. At least Beth flew to KS for a grandson's arrival last month but a real hassle getting back and the quarantine.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:02 AM   #9

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Yeah, looks like the border will still be closed. Darn, this Canadian ex pat was really looking forward to an excuse to visit the only province I haven't been to yet.

Walt
Old 04-05-2021, 07:47 AM   #10

Registry
RALLY ANNOUNCEMENT: please read...
Roland and I have been in discussion and both of us are leaning towards a Camping Weekend on the 13-15th August at St Malo Provincial Park along with a Virtual online rally for those not able to make it in person!
Many of our usual Rally activities, workshops, potluck dinner, pancake breakfast , trailer tours and meet/greets are all close group activities and simply will not work this year and a very good chance they will not even be allowed to happen.
So an informal Camping weekend at St Malo Provincial Park will be our best option! No Rally but come show off your camper, meet some of the other group members and of course follow Provincial Regulations in effect at that time. Camping reservations open 12th April at 7:00am. Bay 11 electric sites or Section F or G nonelectric is where we have located in past years but of course pick any site you like!
For those who cannot make it camping please join our online Virtual Rally with a picture of your camper posted in our FB Group. More details to follow
Old 04-12-2021, 12:18 PM   #11

Name: Mark Bradley
Trailer: 1976 Boler B-1300 1980 Bigfoot B-17
Manitoba
Provincial campsite bookings opened up today. It is now 1:00 P.M. and I have been waiting 6 hours to get on to the Province of Manitoba website to book a campsite at St. Malo for the August 13 & 14th weekend. Pathetic!
Mark Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:48 AM   #12

Registry
I finally got on at 7:32 after the system crashed and just let the computer run all day while I went to work and finally made it through the que and was able to book my site at 3:02. But it did not email me the conformation.

Someone said they had all family members with all their devices logged in and booking entire blocks of sites. It is unfortunate that a lot of selfish people have to ruin it for everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bradley View Post
Provincial campsite bookings opened up today. It is now 1:00 P.M. and I have been waiting 6 hours to get on to the Province of Manitoba website to book a campsite at St. Malo for the August 13 & 14th weekend. Pathetic!
Old 04-13-2021, 10:16 AM   #13

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
I didn't even try yesterday, in fact since we don't yet know our summer plans will take my chances closer to the weekend if we can attend. Silly me last year I booked for a few days beginning on the Sunday, but was the Sunday everyone left except my neighbour.

Note the CBC has covered the difficulties of booking suggesting perhaps a system that many use i.e. a rolling booking a number of months before you wish to camp. I have found that works well when we've used it for Ontario or Corps of Engineer campgrounds in the US.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:26 PM   #14

Name: George
Trailer: Boler
Manitoba
Is the rally still on and are there still sites available?
Gcorbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:25 AM   #15

Registry
Due to the current Government of Manitoba Covid19 restrictions, this year rally will be Virtual again this year. Some of us do have campsites booked at ST Malo, however it will be a camping weekend only with Social Distancing visits and No Events.

Like last year take a pic of your camper on Saturday August 14th wherever you may be, be it at St Malo, your driveway, Camp Walmart or wherever and post it on our Facebook page at Manitoba Fiberglass And Vintage Camper Rally. I will count and post the number of camper pics early the week of August 16th.

Mark your calendar for Next years Rally August 19th to 21st, the third weekend of August.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:42 AM   #16

Registry
Camping weekend only at St Malo no events with Social Distancing.

Virtual like it was last year as well.

Last time I looked the campground is totally booked for the weekend of August 13 to 15th. I would look a few times daily to see if anyone cancels their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcorbett View Post
Is the rally still on and are there still sites available?
Old 08-12-2021, 11:16 AM   #17

Registry
St Malo

Just checked the Manitoba Provincial Parks Website. Looks like a number of cancelations for the weekend, if people want to come for a camping weekend.

Just remember it is a Virtual Rally with No Events and Social Distancing.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:46 AM   #18

Name: Clayton
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
Manitoba
2022?
spidermoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, vin