NH 2021, May 13-16: Spring Fling in New England for 2021 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2021, 07:20 AM   #21

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
HI all, just wanted to touch base here and say that I was at the campground the other day and talked to the GM.
He is confident that the Rally will be able to be held in May all be it may be different with some of our social events having to be spread out a bit.
Also want to point out that I was on the Roost web page and on there they still have dates wrong so I set a message to them saying it was to be for May 13 - 16.
You can also check out the Spring fling Web page here.
https://springflingne.org/
Now on here the events may be different then posted, but date is correct.
Hope to see you all in May.
Gerry
Your host for the Rally (site 49)
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:36 PM   #22

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
I just called the KOA and left a message - I am HOPING to attend starting Tuesday May 11 staying until Monday morning May 17 - I am sure they will get back to me.
Old 01-18-2021, 05:38 AM   #23

Hey Bryan, I will ge getting there a day early also so we'll see you then.
I will be on my site 49.
Gerry
Old 01-19-2021, 01:27 PM   #24

Name: Lesley
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Hope to see you!

Hi! I was hoping to attend the rally last May but had to cancel due to COVID concerns. I was hoping to see a Scamp or two in person to help me better decide on layout and options. I still haven't seen a Scamp so I put off my delivery until next year.

I just booked one of the lodge/cabins and hope to see everyone in May in NH! Stay safe until then!

My father (in his 80's) was able to register for a vaccine and just got it today so hopefully we'll have more progress by May.

Happy New Year! Best, Lesley
shrimpscampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:32 PM   #25

Central Virginia
I got site 95 reserved - it is $61/night - is there a discount the KOA gives for rally goers? Do they apply it when arriving based on attendance? They charged the full amount to my card already. Thanks - B
Old 01-19-2021, 06:49 PM   #26

Hey Bryan, in talking to the office manager, this year our rally falls on a KOA specials week-end and it was said that we all get one night free camping for the weekend we are there.
to get this discount it can not be given with any other discounts.
I will try and get more info on this and get it posted.
Gerry
Old 01-20-2021, 06:48 PM   #27

To all who will be attending the rally this year, I have talked to the Office Manager and also the GM and I was told that the discounts for the year 2021 Rally will be the same as they would have been for the 2020 Rally, and I post them here for you.
Also when making a reservation you will pay the deposit and upon arrival your discount will be awarded.
Gerry
Time again to plan the 4th annual Spring Fling in New England Rally, in the wonderful setting of the White Mountains/Lakes region of Hew Hampshire.
The Date for the Rally is set for : MAY 13th - 16th , 2021
Again, this event will be held at the Chocorua Camping Village KOA, where the owner will be giving a generous discount.
The set rates will be $48 for Prime sites, and $58 for Deluxe sites. That’s a discount of about 30% off the standard pre-season rates.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:49 PM   #28

Central Virginia
I am really looking forward to FINALLY making it this year.... This is a BEAUTIFUL KOA and a really pretty area to visit. Lots to see - covered bridges, waterfalls, barns, etc...
Old 01-30-2021, 09:35 AM   #29

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Yeah I'm really looking forward to it too. I was sorry to miss last year but by this year's rally, I will have had my covid vaccine so I'll be a lot more comfortable being around people.

Hey Gerry, any chance we might try to do a moose tour this year?
supercorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 07:06 AM   #30

hi all,
I too am looking for May to get here if not just to get out of these sub zero degree days here in the north east.
Was thinking that where we'll still be doing social distancing that the menu for pot luck will change and probably there will be no bringing of food from your sites.
Talking with GM of campground and he suggested just some pasta, sauce and meatballs, served by one person and food eaten where you can sit apart from others.
As said this years rally will be different.

Sue, in regards to the moose tour, as said in previous years that the fellow who does them doesn't really open the business till June and to try and get a private tour would have too many requirments to do.
I could tell you some places to drive to where you may or may not see moose and it is a nice drive and not too far from campground.
Gerry
Old 02-26-2021, 05:20 AM   #31

MJo will be joining us this year for the first time and was talking about her dog. For those who do not know this KOA is super dog friendly and have a fenced dog agility area and also a dogs only swim area across the bridge.
See you all in May
(it can't come too soon for me)
Old 02-26-2021, 10:15 AM   #32

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
After having to cancel last year due to Covid, I'm raring to go this year. I get my second dose of vaccine on Monday. I will be in site 46 the 12th through the 16th in an Escape 21, with friends Don & Anne next door in site 48 in their Scamp 16.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:34 AM   #33

Jon, It's going to be great to see you and Don again this year. things may be a bit different with social gatherings but the General Manager assured me it can be done. See you guys got the large water front sites this year, great!
With this late January thaw we had just last week, I was getting antsy about starting the "Big Dig" where I shovel out the road down to the camper but I know there is still maybe 5 more weeks of cold snow and ice and rain.
Taking stock of items I have left over from last year, got heated up for the 2021 rally.

Info for those who want to join us:

Date: May 13 - 17
Where: Chocorua Camping Village, KOA /Chocorua New Hampshire.
Cost : almost 50% off regular costs of sites chosen.

Call Office: (603) 323-8536 or (888) 237-8642 (KOA)
Be sure you tell them you'll be attending the Spring Fling Rally so the office can keep count.

See you all in May
Gerry
Host of the Rally
Old 02-28-2021, 08:50 PM   #34

Name: Alan
Trailer: Escape 21C
Massachusetts
We've hanging around Arizona for the winter. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Spring Fling in May with our new Escape. Thank you Jon for the tour of yours last year!
Fun Pigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:39 AM   #35

Finished with the "Big Dig" yesterday, after just y hours of shoveling and snow blowing. Weather just right for moving snow, about 35 degree so could work with just long sleeve shirt on and not sweat too much.
But really, Getting too old for this "Sh__t"!
Sold my electric car yesterday so I can move the wife's car in the garage and get the Casita into the driveway for the rest of the winter and make sure all is in working condition for the rally.

As said things will have to be tweeked a bit this year and there will probably not be a Pot Luck dinner but just a Pasta feed the wife and I will put on.
She make the best Meat-a-Balls you ever had.

Gerry
Old 03-01-2021, 10:20 AM   #36

Name: Alan
Trailer: Escape 21C
Massachusetts
Oooh, I'm looking forward to that spaghetti feed!
Fun Pigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:57 AM   #37

Just got back from the campground and talked to GM and office person.
I was told all the full hook up sites were book for the weekend of the rally.
If you can make due with a site with no water or electric there is just a handful of small sites left.
If you try to get a site you will be put on a stand-by list and if somebody cancels you may get a site.
I was told a rough count was 30 sites this year for the Spring Flingers and the rest of the campground is booked with others.
Lots of snow and ice still up there but in hopes that I'll be up there getting water turned on in another 4 or 5 weeks and campground will be ready to open on May 1st.
Your host
Gerry
Old 03-25-2021, 06:03 AM   #38

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
This is the wekend I drag the Casi out of winter hibernation on the side yard and into the driveway. The snow's gone from that side, but the ground hasn't (yet) thawed into mud.
I'm so looking forward to this.
Jon MB
Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 04:49 AM   #39

Bonnie, I have had my trailer parked near the road for the past month but haven't had time to do anything with it. The driveway is still only half open and that half is full of mud.
Now I have a bigger problem, I just purchased a 25 foot 5th wheel to be my main camper while working at the campground this summer and that will be delivered sometimes soon so the Casita will have to be still parked on other end of property, so packing it will be a pain.
Guess I will hook up to it and pack it and then move it back and forth.

Busy as a bea getting all the ducks in a row for the rally and will post the schedule of events here in the next week after I tweek a few more things on it.
I also will be handing this out in the Welcome Packet at the rally.
Also I will not be on site 49 this year for the rally but will be down there next to the site to welcome you all in.
Gerry
Old 03-28-2021, 12:32 PM   #40

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Also I will not be on site 49 this year for the rally but will be down there next to the site to welcome you all in.
Gerry
Oh, you won't be my neighbor? I've booked site 47 and was looking forward to having you as a neighbor. Oh well, I'm sure the neighborhood will be full of good people!
supercorgi is offline   Reply With Quote