NH 2021, May 13-16: Spring Fling in New England for 2021 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2021, 09:22 PM   #41

Name: Linda
Trailer: compact jr
New York
Just booked one of the last two sights with no electric ect. I emailed to make sure that was ok- as it was listed as a tent site- but allowed input of a 10ft trailer. Hope to see you all this year.
raddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 04:55 AM   #42

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Linda, that's great, is this your first year you'll be coming to the Rally?
Sorry to say it won't be as eventful as previous years but I am trying to keep some of the Rally things going as they should.

I will be going to the campground this weekend to start working there on a day by day schedule till they will be ready to turn the water on to all the bath houses and sites.
I am in hopes that it will be the weekend of April 18 that the weather will be warm enough to start this job.

I know that there are a few sites on an east facing hill that thier is a small crew in there raking the winter debris from the sites and again in hopes that there will be substantial crew in there in a few weeks and all the snow will be gone.

Today i have to get down and break up the snow bank that is blocking my basement doors so I can start to get things out of the sliders and not have to lug it all up the basement stairs.

See you all soon.
Gerry
Host of the Spring Fling in New England Rally.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:19 AM   #43

New York
I attended the rally in 2016 or so- I had to come a day late. It will be great to be a camper creeper and see all the cool rigs and ideas people have!
Old 04-03-2021, 06:01 PM   #44

just got home from working at campground and had a talk with the office staff. He tells me that we have 35 sites sold for our rally and I think this may be a record for the Spring Fling.
I am going to go out and make sure I have enough supplies for the estimated 70 people who may attend.

I do have a tentative schedule and i will post it here but you all will also get a copy from me when you come down to the area next to site 49 to get your "Welcome Packet".

Gerry

Schedule for the 2021 Spring Fling Rally:
*Some event will be different this year or even not taking place due to the virus!
• Check in and settle in and be sure to come by to Site # 49 to pick up your Welcome Packet.
• 6:00 pm - Cheese and Crackers and "Meet and Greet" at the Pavilion, followed by a walk across the Boardwalk (weather permitting) to see the Night Sky, or sit by the fire pit in the common area and roast a Mash-mellow
• FRIDAY the 14th
• 6:30 am - Coffee will be made at the Pavilion and a fire will be lit in the Common Area
10:00 am - Painting with Sandy "O". She will guide you through a painting step by step. There is a minimal cost for this event to cover her fees. There will be a sign up sheet.
• 2:30 pm - Cooking at Camp and Recipe Swap at the Pavilion. Bring a favorite recipe to share with others and We will show you how we cook one of our favorite dishes.
• 5:00 pm - Pasta Supper at the Pavilion.
This year will be different for sure, we will be serving up a Pasta meal with Sauce and Meat-balls and a piece of Garlic Bread, in a bowl, bring your own Silverware. If you want, you can bring any side dish, for yourself, to eat and please bring your own beverage to drink. We'll be selling tickets to a 50/50 rally and a donation box will also be there.
• SATURDAY the 15th
• 6:30 am - Again morning coffee
• The walk around for the "Shine and Show" Will not be taking place as people need to be socially distancing.
1:00 pm - Learn how to make your own Window Awning for your camper with Lynda
.• 6:30 pm - Open Chat and Forum, around the campfire (weather permitting) In the Pavilion if not, and then we can sit and sing by the fire. Bring an instrument if you have one.
• SUNDAY the 16th
• 6:30 am - Again Morning Coffee
• Another Spring Fling Rally is in the BAG and here's hopes that the year to come finds you all healthy and safe, and we'll see you all Next Year at the Spring Fling in New England Rally.
Your Happy Hosts, Gerry and Barb Landry.
Old 04-04-2021, 07:31 AM   #45

Name: Alan
Trailer: Escape 21C
Massachusetts
Looks like it's going to be a great rally Gerry! I'm looking forward to the events. Will miss not having the Shine & Show though. The schedule is on the Spring Fling website as well in case it gets lost in this thread.
Fun Pigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:21 PM   #46

Name: Judy
Trailer: Scamp
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Time again to plan the 5th annual Spring Fling in New England Rally, in the wonderful setting of the White Mountains/Lakes region of Hew Hampshire.

The Date for the Rally is set for : MAY 13th - 16th , 2021

Again, this event will be held at the Chocorua Camping Village KOA.

Pictures of previous years Rally can be seen at a link in the Rally Archive section under Spring Fling in New England. A great time was had at Morning coffee around the campfire, cooking demo, paint class, night walk, evening cheese and crackers, pot-luck supper, open forums, and shine and show. Also, there are loads of local attractions in the area and lets not forget, the NO SALE TAX shopping in N. Conway, only 20 minutes north of campground.

Make your RESERVATION NOW!!! because sites will go fast.

Call Office: (603) 323-8536 or (888) 237-8642

Be sure you tell them you'll be attending the Spring Fling Rally so the office can keep count.

So mark your calendars and go to the "Rally Calendar" page, under the "More" tab at top of page to let me know if you'll be attending.

See you there..... Gerry & Barb Landry

Gerry and Barb, this is Judy Putnam and I will be attending the rally this year with my pup Penny. I’ve been several years and sure missed it last year. Checked on my reservation and it is all set. See you on the 13th. Judy
JudyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:56 AM   #47

Alan and Judy, good to hear from you guys and yes looking forward to a half normal Rally just in a few more weeks now.
In fact, Yesterday I got my Casita there on my site I will be on for the summer while working there on Special Projects, such as building and repairs.
Today will be leaving shortly to go there and start the water turning on process.
Weather is well ahead of other years.
Yesterday was near 70 degrees and last year on that date we got 6 inches of snow.

Looking forward to all who will be attending the 2021 Spring Fling in New England Rally

Gerry
your host.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:38 PM   #48

Name: Judy
Trailer: Scamp
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Alan and Judy, good to hear from you guys and yes looking forward to a half normal Rally just in a few more weeks now.
In fact, Yesterday I got my Casita there on my site I will be on for the summer while working there on Special Projects, such as building and repairs.
Today will be leaving shortly to go there and start the water turning on process.
Weather is well ahead of other years.
Yesterday was near 70 degrees and last year on that date we got 6 inches of snow.

Looking forward to all who will be attending the 2021 Spring Fling in New England Rally

Gerry
your host.

Don’t know who Alan is! Judy Putnam , that’s me, is a widow .
JudyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:34 PM   #49

Massachusetts
Judy, Alan and Lorraine are the Fun Pigs in the post before yours. We'll see you there!
Old 04-11-2021, 06:09 AM   #50

Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2017 Oliver Legacy Elite 2
New Hampshire
Hello Alan and Lorainne and all

Alan and Lorainne we have enjoyed following your historic adventures and we were supposed to be next to you at Spring Fling last year, there were about 6 of us there and we made the best of it. We now own a 2017 Scamp 19 and we love it, we noticed you upgraded as well!!! but unfortunately we wont be able to make it this year we will be in Arizona meeting out first great grandchild and we are very excited. We will certainly try next year and hopefully we will be back to normal by then. Happy Camping

Jane and John from NH
Old 04-11-2021, 02:07 PM   #51

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Reservation - Site #36

A couple of weeks ago, I had called Steve at the Chocoura KOA to get on "the waiting list" for a site; at that time he told me that there was one person ahead of me.

Steve called this afternoon and I booked site #36 for the rally.

Looking forward to my first trip to New England to meet everyone!
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 02:12 PM   #52

Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2017 Oliver Legacy Elite 2
New Hampshire
site 36

Its a great site Larry, enjoy the rally
Old 04-11-2021, 06:00 PM   #53

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryB. View Post
A couple of weeks ago, I had called Steve at the Chocoura KOA to get on "the waiting list" for a site; at that time he told me that there was one person ahead of me.

Steve called this afternoon and I booked site #36 for the rally.

Looking forward to my first trip to New England to meet everyone!
Looks like we'll be neighbors Larry. We're in #38. Look forward to meeting you.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:21 AM   #54

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Pigs View Post
Will miss not having the Shine & Show though. The schedule is on the Spring Fling website as well in case it gets lost in this thread.
Yeah, it sounds great and I can't wait after missing last year. I will also be missing the Shine & Show but if anyone wants to look at my Casita and take their chances, I don't care - I've gotten my vaccine. It's not very fancy but I did do the hood removal and spruced up the kitchen area. Just have to make sure the cat doesn't get out but she'll probably be hiding under the bed if people are there.
supercorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 05:41 PM   #55

good to see so much chatter on the thread again.
By all means if you feel comfortable to show off your campers in a safe way you can do it and as a matter of fact there is one person I know of who is coming to the rally just to look at different models because he is going to bye on in the near future.

Gerry
ps glad site 36 will be going to another Spring Flinger.
yea
Old 04-12-2021, 06:58 PM   #56

New York
You all can check out my Compact Junior too. I am also fully vaccinated.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:59 AM   #57

I will announce at cracker and cheese gathering that on Saturday all who what to open their trailers can do so at their own risks so all will know.
Gerry
Old 04-15-2021, 05:31 PM   #58

Hi all. After working the past 3 days in the campground turning water on and fixing leaks I have the next few days off.
There are some major leaks in the bath houses and laundry but will get them fixed up in the next week or so.
Crew is busy raking the whole campground for getting ready
Saw Craig C. and he wants to have another Cribbage turnament this year so I will schedule in for 10:00 in the Rec Hall on Saturday and will announce this one of the get togethers.
Gerry
Host of Spring Fling in New England Rally
Old 04-17-2021, 02:59 PM   #59

Great news, one more site has opened up so if anyone still want to come to the Rally give the office a call.
He will hold it for a Spring Flinger for awhile but if nobody take it he will have to give it up to some other camper. so call now to:603-323-8536
Old 04-19-2021, 03:27 AM   #60

Site from Thread above has been taken by a Sping Flinger who has upgraded to this site from a tent site.
Great news for them
Gerry