IN 2022, Oct 14-16: Brown County State Park 2022 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-22-2022, 04:11 PM   #21

Name: Jane
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Indiana
We will be there for the rally. Who do we see to check in? I have never been to a rally before. I look forward to meeting all the fiberglass trailer people.
JaneandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:41 PM   #22

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Typically for most fiberglass rallies with no fee, people just arrive, set up camp, and then walk/bike around talking with other fiberglass owners they encounter. You might want to check this whole thread to note the sites where people have reserved sites and then head for those! Karen (site 308) may have some other suggestions, too.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 11:19 AM   #23

Trailer: 1985 Companion
Registry
We are a pretty casual bunch. The Saturday meals are the only scheduled things. Just wander around and visit the others and go into town for some good food and great shopping. Sorry to see Lynn had to cancel. She's the firekeeper. I am glad you get to be there Roy.
Karen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 11:55 AM   #24

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Lynn is still coming, she will be tent camping on another site.
Roy Bakehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:46 AM   #25

Name: Mary & Jim G
Trailer: Escape 23
Iowa
Planned Activities?

Hi Karen -
This will be our first time at this rally - we're currently booked in site 195 for 4 nites beginning Oct 13th. Just wondering if there's going to be a potluck or anything similar that we need to be prepared for. After trying to get a site for the last couple of years - we're really looking forward to this. We hear the fall foliage is super good.
Thanks,
Mary & Jim G
GILLMOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 01:18 PM   #26

Registry
Brunch on Saturday morning hosted by my Sister and me. Pot luck on Saturday night. Site 308
Old 10-09-2022, 02:08 PM   #27

Name: Karen
Trailer: in the market
MI
Hi Karen-My husband and I are considering making the trip to Brown County to see a variety of fiberglass trailers and hear from owners what they love (or don't like!) about their trailer. We love to camp, and we are seriously considering replacing our well-loved, well traveled pop-up with an "egg". I am not sure if this gathering is an 'open house' type event where owners would be "open" to having us come and take a good look at their rig and tell us all about it? We don't want to make the somewhat long trip from our home in Michigan if our plan to "check out" various trailers is not a good one!
Thanks for your help/input in this--- We would just be coming for the day on Saturday, Oct 15. Thank you!
JKirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 05:19 PM   #28

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKirv View Post
Hi Karen-My husband and I are considering making the trip to Brown County to see a variety of fiberglass trailers and hear from owners what they love (or don't like!) about their trailer. We love to camp, and we are seriously considering replacing our well-loved, well traveled pop-up with an "egg". I am not sure if this gathering is an 'open house' type event where owners would be "open" to having us come and take a good look at their rig and tell us all about it? We don't want to make the somewhat long trip from our home in Michigan if our plan to "check out" various trailers is not a good one!
Thanks for your help/input in this--- We would just be coming for the day on Saturday, Oct 15. Thank you!

No fiberglass owner turns away a visitor unless their camper is not cleaned up like ours usually is, LOL, or it is not finished, or they are cautious of Covid (We had a Bigfoot rally we were just at that was the first rally we opened our camper with no restrictions and darned if a couple did not test positive. Afterwards, at first I tested positive, but for 4 tests later, including a PCR test, I tested negative, so it was a false positive.). If you cannot find a camping spot at Brown County, another rally to check out is the Florida Eggs and S'Mores rally in northern FL. Farther I know, but a huge rally, so lots of campers to look at.

CindyL
Old 10-09-2022, 06:38 PM   #29

Registry
Come on over. Everyone , for the most part, is happy to show off their camper and talk. We do have a Saturday evening pitch in. Plan to join us for some good eats. Bring a chair.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:02 AM   #30

Name: Matt
Trailer: Casita
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKirv View Post
We will be at site 420 with our Casita Independence and would be more than happy to open our camper to you and share our experience of buying/owning a Casita!

Matt & Kari
mattypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 10:59 AM   #31

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
I'm right across from you at 3:29 but sleeping in a tent this year. I don't see you yet. When you get here check in with the organizer, Karen at 308. The main event, the potluck Saturday evening, will be on her side. A few of us are going in town to the Mexican restaurant this evening, Friday, arriving there at 5:30. You are welcome to join! Sunday night Roy and I are hosting a weenie roast on site number 378. Asking people to bring all their leftovers from the potluck. Hope you will join us
Old 10-14-2022, 11:11 AM   #32

Indiana
Dinner Friday evening and Sunday evening

Hello everyone! Any of you that want to are invited to join Jerry, Linda and I for dinner Friday night at 5:30 at the Mexican restaurant in Nashville, casa del Sol at Washington on the main drag. It is very near the visitor center and has a big parking lot. We will have to sit in tables of four and six.
Sunday evening, Roy and I are inviting everybody to come over to his site, my old site, number 378 for a weenie roast. Bring your leftovers from the potluck, beverage, table service and chair. Starting at 6:00 p.m.
Roy and I will probably have a fire for anyone to sit around Friday night and Saturday night too, weather depending.
Looking forward to spending quality time and conversation with some of my favorite peoples!
Indiana Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 07:20 AM   #33

Name: Karen
Trailer: in the market
MI
Thank you, Karen... and the rest of you "good eggs" who shared your rigs, tips, and fiberglass camper wisdom with Jeff and me on Saturday! We have a lot of things to think about and we will have fun deciding how to proceed towards egg ownership! Thank you all for your hospitality! Happy Camping and hopefully we will see you all at a future rally!

-K&J
JKirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 05:07 PM   #34

Indiana
Covid warning!

Dear Brown County Rally Egg Friends,

I just got a positive at home Covid test despite being negative before I came to the rally. Thought you would all want to know. Good thing I was being careful to cover my cough. I hope careful enough not to infect any of you! 🙏 I am praying that none of you get it! 😥 So sorry, Lynn
Indiana Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 11:53 AM   #35

Name: Katrina
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Indiana
When and where is the next rally

We tried to make the Brown county rally (after having to cancel the spring reservation at Shakamak due to health issues); but we were unable to get close enough to the group.
We would like to try again this spring but will need to be closer to the group due to mobility issues.
We'll have to mark our calendar for the first available day for reservation.

Can we get a place, date, and area for preferred camping?
Also which spot you like, so I don't get someone's favorite spot.

Hopefully, next year will be an easier year for us.

Kat and Michael
2011 Liberty Deluxe

We even drove up last Thursday, but the park was full and they weren't allowing any visitors to the camp ground. We're going to get this information then but it turned out to be a day to wander Indiana, instead.
KatKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 04:32 PM   #36

Registry
We are rebranding the 2 Indiana rallies. Hoosier Hospitality North in the spring, and Hoosier Hospitality South in the fall. Next year the spring rally will be in Winamac, Indiana the weekend between Mothers Day and Memorial day. Cant remember the name of the park. Maureen will chime in. Fall rally will be in Versailles State park. Second full weekend in October. Late November will be the be when the booking window opens up for the May rally
Old 10-27-2022, 07:46 AM   #37

Trailer: U-Haul VT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen K. View Post
We are rebranding the 2 Indiana rallies. Hoosier Hospitality North in the spring, and Hoosier Hospitality South in the fall. Next year the spring rally will be in Winamac, Indiana the weekend between Mothers Day and Memorial day. Cant remember the name of the park. Maureen will chime in. Fall rally will be in Versailles State park. Second full weekend in October. Late November will be the be when the booking window opens up for the May rally

Tippecanoe River?
Mike Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote