3rd Annual SE Camping Club Eggscursion Announced - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
The 2010 Spring Eggscursion is scheduled for April 22-25 (2010) at the LazyDaze Campground, in Townsend, TN

When you call for reservations, mention that you are camping with the Egg Camping Club.
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:22 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
I don't see this on the Rally Map. Shouldn't it be added?
Living in Pensacola, we consider ourselves part of "LA" (lower Alabama). My wife and I are seriously considering trying to attend this Eggscursion. We visited Townsend early this summer and would love to return.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe
Hope you can make it. Its become a great event and we are looking forward to another fun time.

Come camp with us

TomP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #4

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi can you tell me what the weather might be like at this part of TN at that time of the year???
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita Freedom Deluxe
Theresa,

Weather for the past two year's: T-shirts, shorts, sandals. Lite jacket - sweat shirt at night. Great hiking and biking weather.

Call today and get your reservations...guarantee to meet a lot nice people and
the Smokies-what more can one say!
JOHN BUSCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:58 PM   #6

Trailer: 2003 13 ft Scamp
If all goes well we will be joining the group. We have reserved campsite #45. Looking forward to meeting a new group of people. Charlie, our Old English Sheepdog will also be with us. Lee, Lynda and Charlie from Duluth, MN
russelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #7

Exclamation

Someone from Minnesoota!!! Kool
Old 02-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #8

We have a tentative agenda posted. Check back often as we will be making a few changes as the date gets closer.

Eggscursion Agenda

Come camp with us

Old 02-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #9

Trailer: Boler
Quote:
We have a tentative agenda posted. Check back often as we will be making a few changes as the date gets closer.

Eggscursion Agenda
I've added the event to the 2010 Rally Map!
Stacy Crotser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #10

thanks Stacy

Come camp with us

Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #11

Registry
I was planing to call for reservations today, but I see they offer no refunds, only rain checks. I think I'll wait until a little closer to April to make my reservations, just in case something comes up between now and then. I kind of understand loosing a one night deposit if you cancel without much notice, but two nights deposit, even if you notify them a couple of months before, doesn't seem like something I want to chance at this time. I haven't had a lot of experience with private camp grounds, we usually stay at state parks, is this a typical policy? It seems a bit extreme considering that practically any hotel chain will give a complete refund with 24 hours notice.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #12

Registry
Wow, I just read the six reviews of Lazy Daze Campground from the rally map and it's kind of scary. I think it would be a good idea if those of you who have had good experiences there in the past put in reviews to temper the terrible ones they now have. The present reviews make it sound like it's not a very pleasant place.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #13

Quote:
The 2010 Spring Eggscursion is scheduled for April 22-25 (2010) at the LazyDaze Campground, in Townsend, TN

When you call for reservations, mention that you are camping with the Egg Camping Club.
Would someone who has been at Eggscursion please respond to Ray N. comments about Lazy Daze Campground? Thanks
Old 02-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #14

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Would someone who has been at Eggscursion please respond to Ray N. comments about Lazy Daze Campground? Thanks
We've camped with the Eggscursion at LazyDaze two years in a row now, and both times, the facilities have been top notch. Bathrooms are clean, grounds are clean, the campground owners are friendly, and go out of the way to make our Eggscursion a great success. I have not seen the reviews -- (I'm not exactly sure where reviews are located -- here on FGRV, or somewhere else on the internet).
The campground is a small, private place, with small camping spaces. These spaces are perfect for our group, as no one who attends comes with a large camper.

Unfortunately, previous attendees comments don't appear here on the FGRV forums.

I hope to see you there.

Sheryl
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #15

Registry
Thanks for the positive review. I don't usually pay much attention to a couple of negative reviews, you can't please everyone, but in this case, there weren't any really positive reviews to counter all the negative ones.

The reviews can be found by going to the rally map (in this forum), and clicking on the marker for Lazy Daze, there are six reviews.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #16

Quote:
We've camped with the Eggscursion at LazyDaze two years in a row now, and both times, the facilities have been top notch. Bathrooms are clean, grounds are clean, the campground owners are friendly, and go out of the way to make our Eggscursion a great success. I have not seen the reviews -- (I'm not exactly sure where reviews are located -- here on FGRV, or somewhere else on the internet).
The campground is a small, private place, with small camping spaces. These spaces are perfect for our group, as no one who attends comes with a large camper.

Unfortunately, previous attendees comments don't appear here on the FGRV forums.

I hope to see you there.

Sheryl
Thanks Sheryl for the info. We planned to attend anyway whatever the reviews had to say. Looking forward to seeing and meeting new folks. Lee
Old 02-16-2010, 07:13 AM   #17

Laze Daze has been a good place for the Townsend Rally for the past couple of years. They have always taken care of us and made sure we have everything we need. It is not a high end RV resort, but more of a rustic campground on the river. They do have a stiff cancellation policy but from what I understand so do most of the campgrounds in the area. They are reasonably priced (some of the others in the area are in the $50 per night range) and great for an Egg Rally, close to everything in the GSMNP. Last year we had 30 eggs (60people) at the rally and only a couple of small request which the campground took care of right away..

Come camp with us

Old 02-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #18

Registry
I'm glad to hear the positive reviews - we signed up for the three nights. They gave us site 22.

We've been to the GSMNP/Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area several times and always enjoyed it - except for the time we were there when the leaves were supposed to be changing - bumper to bumper traffic so bad you could hardly move. Our last time, (last summer), we finally visited the Townsend area and were quite impressed.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #19

Ooby!

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty urendsnatd waht I wsa rdanieg.
Smoenoe is dirvnig from Flrodia ot see em. Ooby inst tihs ginog ot eb geart. Cna hearlty wiat.

Dael wtih ti! -- Crhis -[ Haer no eivl ] & Pta -[see no eivl ] tuahgt em hwos oot selpl.

Wleome abarod.
Jhon -[ seapk no eivl ]
Old 03-27-2010, 10:37 PM   #20

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
We've stayed at Lazy Daze twice & had a good experience both times. The sites are small, but so are our little campers! The owners were very friendly & helpful and the bathhouses were well-maintained both times. The only negative I can think of is that the decks overlooking the river are in need of repair, but everything else was great. We're looking forward to going back next month!

Sandra
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote