5th Annual Prairie Bolerama, Hot time for eggs on the prairies - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-25-2006, 06:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 1980 Dolphin 14 ft
Registry
Eagle Lake Park & Campground hosted the fifth annual Prairie Bolerama July 20 -23, 2006
Sixty units attended this oasis in the prairie heat over the last weekend and a great time was had by all. Families travelled from British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan to meet together and see each others' ideas and accomplishments, to meet new and renew friendships from last year. Two units arrived representing the Province of Ontario.Many units were pulled by classic and collector cars, and others were modified to display a specific theme. There was a unit which reflected the classic diner interior with the help of Coca Cola collector items, there was a Mexican Party Themed unit, complete with mirrored floors and ceilings and numerous led and rope lights. Someone brought their bicycle-built for-two , and someone else brought their tandem bike. Everybody brought their friendly spirits and great ideas.
Many guests arrived on Thursday afternoon but most came Friday and Saturday.
A social was held Friday evening, and a swap meet and craft sale was held on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. Most eggers attended a presentation on Solar power on Saturday morning.
A Potluck supper was held Saturday evening where everyone ate their fill and there was still food left over after.
Sunday many eggers had to go home, but about twenty five hardy souls stayed and enjoyed a campfire. We couldn't have had better weather, as it was sunny and temp reached 101*F on Saturday. Photos and further details will be posted on a link in short order.
Owen Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:43 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler
Send a message via Yahoo to KARL PROUDE
Hi Linsay..Glad to hear that things went well and weather was good..Someday would love to drive out with the Trillium and catch Emily along the way.I have son and daughter in Calgary,and Kory has a Boler...Would love to see some of you Stubble jumpers make it to Spud Island for our PEI Fiberglass with Class Meet..It's happening this week-end..Can u make it LOL
KARL PROUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #3

Registry
Wow would I love to come east for your campout. Unfortunately My wife and I have a small business, and getting away takes a lot of planning ahead. I want to start taking more time off each year in the future. Maybe with a little more notice, like next year I would love to make the trip. I too have relatives in the maritimes and haven't travelled east for over thirty years. If you do decide to come out to this area, you would be most welcome and you would not be short of interesting "Eggers" to meet.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler
Shoot!!!!! Boy, are we ticked. Just found out about the Prairie Bolerama this minute, 10 days or so after it happened. Darn!!!!! We would have been there with bells on if we would have known. I have just joined this site today, so maybe next year I will hear something about the 2007 Bolerama on time to attend. My husband just had our 13' Boler repainted on the outside and has made a screen door that he is really proud of (and rightfully so). It is so nice to be able to keep the door open for ventilation and keep all the bugs out. Paint job looks fantastic. Would have like to have shown it off - well, maybe next time.
Regards
Sandra S
Edmonton
Sandra S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Shoot!!!!! Boy, are we ticked. Just found out about the Prairie Bolerama this minute, 10 days or so after it happened. Darn!!!!! We would have been there with bells on if we would have known. I have just joined this site today, so maybe next year I will hear something about the 2007 Bolerama on time to attend. My husband just had our 13' Boler repainted on the outside and has made a screen door that he is really proud of (and rightfully so). It is so nice to be able to keep the door open for ventilation and keep all the bugs out. Paint job looks fantastic. Would have like to have shown it off - well, maybe next time.
Regards
Sandra S
Edmonton
Sandra,

Post photos here. We have a great forum to show modifications.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...p?showforum=56
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:33 PM   #6

Registry

Hi Sandra!!
You are exactly where I was last year. I saw Nolan & Brenda Novakowski's Boler website from Saskatoon and her enthusiastic reports of the fun had at Bolerama. It was frustrating, but I followed the forum over the winter, and as soon as I saw registrations were being taken (Feb 2006) I booked my site with the organizer. We did have a good time this year. We are anticipating a better time next year. We are also looking for a campground who would accomodate us next summmer. Hopefully in Alberta this time. All someone has to do is find a location and open dates, Post them and a lot of Egg crazy people will show up. ME INCLUDED. Any excuse for a weekend with other Egg Owners is a good one. Any suggestions, input and help in making it happen are welcome.
Egg owners are fun, gregarious and always open to new ideas. Don't be despondant, be positive about the few extra months we have to plan the fun before next years meet.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:57 PM   #7

Trailer: 2005 Tab
It was a fun weekend! I just cant understand how we all dealt with the 101degree temps....
I had to leave early Sunday a.m. to tow to the crowsnest pass but will be watching for the announcements for 2007.

Ken D.
Ken D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #8

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler
Where do we get the '06 pictures ?
Andy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:14 AM   #9

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
Quote:
Where do we get the '06 pictures ?
Yep...can't find them online either. Please post the site!
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:46 PM   #10

Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot 20 ft 5th Wheel and 1995 Bigfoot 2500 Shortbox Truck Camper and 1972 Compact Jr ('CJ') and 1974 Boler ('BB')
Hi all,

Hope this works....the link to pics of Prairie Bolerama

Brenda

http://community.webshots.com/user/bolerama
Brenda Novakovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:28 PM   #11

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Hi all,

Hope this works....the link to pics of Prairie Bolerama

Brenda

http://community.webshots.com/user/bolerama
WOW! Awesome coverage! Thanks so much for taking and posting all those 561 pics. Now I know why it took so long for them to be posted !

Now all we need is for Lex to post the 2006 Biod Rally pics!
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:42 PM   #12

Trailer: 2004 Trillium Outback
Brenda,

Thanks for posting the pics. Too many to absorb first time around, so definitely will be looking again.
Robert B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:43 PM   #13

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler
WOW,,,what a selection of pictures !!

When & where's the '07 meet ?
Andy H is offline   Reply With Quote