AB Last Chance - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #21

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
**THE OFFICIAL DETAILS**
Miquelon Mini Meet

Official Dates: September 26-28th, 2008, but feel free to come earlier or stay longer
Location: Miquelon Lake Provincial Park. Here is the link to the Google Map so you can find your way.
They do not take reservations for arrivals past September 14th, so this is a non-reserved, come out and pick your own site type of event.
The winter rates are in effect for this weekend so power sites are $20 and non-serviced sites are $14.
Campground 'A' is the only one open at that time.
The park office is closed at that time, so be prepared to pay with cash at a self registration station or however they have fee collection set up. I'm not sure if they take credit cards at this time of year.
In talking with the park office, they couldn't guarantee me the operation of the water for this time as they will shut it down depending on the weather conditions. So, here's hoping it's nice out until then, but do be prepared that water may not be running.

Here is the link to the Park Brochure and Map It would be nice to get the group together somewhere close to one of the playground areas. So first one there's a rotten egg and gets to pick the best spot.

Please post if you plan on coming so we know who to look for, and also wondering if people are interested in having a potluck dinner Saturday night.
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #22

Trailer: 13 ft Boler ( 3 trailers 71/ 72/ 73)
I managed to get the weekend off,so i hope to be there.As for the potluck,I love other peoples cooking so count me in.Oh and by the way this may be the first outing in the "Dragon".So between that and no sence of direction I may have to leave a few days earlier to get there on time
lynne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:06 PM   #23

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Boler
Registry
Hi Just Bought a '75 Boler a few weeks ago and am feverishly trying to get it roadworthy and out for its maiden voyage before the snow flies.
We would like to join you on the 26th at Miquelon.

What do you need us to bring for potluck as we are new to this and not "potluck savvy"

Craig and Darla

Craig B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:10 PM   #24

Trailer: 92 Bigfoot 17 ft
Looks like I'll miss this one due to work. Hope to make my first fibreglass rally in the spring.

Kelly
KellyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:55 AM   #25

Trailer: 76 Boler
Quote:
Did I see this little yellow sweetheart comming from Jasper way on Canada Day?
Nope. She was heading from Salt Lake City straight through to LA that day (and man, was it hot!)
Tracy & Gaenor Howe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #26

Thumbs up

Does anyone know what the wood situation is there
Old 09-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #27

Quote:
Does anyone know what the wood situation is there
I just tried calling them but the registration line and the office line are already closed for the season
There was no mention of $ firewood on their website, so hopefully it's provided, but I'll bring a bunch of clean scrap lumber along. If anyone else can bring some more wood that would be great - it's been hovering around freezing here in the sticks at night already, so we'll need a big fire to warm up by.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #28

Potluck

I wasn't planning on doing much in the way of organizing for the potluck, but if people could post here or PM me what they would like to bring I can try to at least make sure we have some sort of meal that isn't all desserts or some other disaster. The kids wouldn't think all desserts for dinner was a disaster now would they...?

Everyone will need to bring their own plates/utensils/beverages and the serving utensil for their dish.

Quote:
What do you need us to bring for potluck as we are new to this and not "potluck savvy"
Craig and Darla: You could bring any dish of your liking, or if you want to wait until we know what others are bringing, then maybe if we're short on a particular item you could bring that?

Old 09-11-2008, 01:51 AM   #29

Trailer: 76 Boler

We sure will bring something for the potluck. I won't tell you what, though, because it will be a surprise... even to me.
Tracy & Gaenor Howe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:34 AM   #30

Here`s hoping this awsome weather`s going to hang around.The last coat of paint goes on the "Dragon" today...so she`s almost ready for her first trip...It will be much more fun sleeping in her somewhere else besides the driveway.....Sunshine...new friends.....and good food...here we come
Old 09-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #31

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
I would LOVE one more trip. I've already put the Boler away for the season, but that is so easily undone! We are not 100% sure yet if we can make it, but will try. There is a better chance we will be there than we won't.

Dianne and Victor
Dianne Dohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #32

The more the merrier!! Hope you can make it!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #33

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Boler
Registry
No one else seems to be posting what they will bring for the potluck, so we will be the first to post.

We will be bringing a Crock full of baked beans

Craig B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #34

We will be there for sure! I am trying to get Friday off so we can get there early in the day. If I can't, we'll arrive Friday evening.

For the potluck, we are cooking a ham. And we have some firewood and will bring that in case there isn't any available at the site.

Has anyone been there before? Is it treed well? Lainey - you mentioned the water may be off - would that include indoors (I'm thinking of the showers).

How many have confirmed / semi-confirmed? And what types of trailers - ours is a '74 Boler (13').

See you on the weekend! Pray for good weather.

Dianne and Victor.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:43 PM   #35

Quote:
Has anyone been there before? Is it treed well? Lainey - you mentioned the water may be off - would that include indoors (I'm thinking of the showers).
I haven't been there before myself, so I'm not sure how treed it is. Their website says "water shut off and shower building closure at the end of September" but when I phoned they told me the exact date will be weather dependent, so lets hope it warms back up a bit.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #36

Wow, baked beans, ham... it all sounds so good. I'll make yams of some sort to go along with those dishes.

The attendee's list is looking like this (let me know if I missed anyone or if changes are required):
Lynne H, '72 or '73 Boler 13'
Tracy & Gaenor Howe, '76 Boler 13' and possibly being joined by some of their friends in their Li'l Loafer (is that a stickie?)
Ryan & Jacquie Diachok & family, '92 Bigfoot 17'
Craig & Darla, '75 Boler 13'
Dianne & Victor, '74 Boler 13'
Lainey & son, '89 Bigfoot 17'

The `maybe` list:
Kent
J Joelson
John J. M
Debbie H. & John
Brenda Dave
Old 09-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #37

My camping buddy and I will bring:Meatballs in sauce
:A surprise desert(Not sure what`s she`s making but she`s a awsome baker)
: Potatoes Mashed or for Baking ?

Old 09-22-2008, 09:41 PM   #38

Trailer: 73 Boler and 78 Biggar
I am still watching the weather! it is a toss up between camping or heading to Kindersley and Rosetown Sk.,for a couple of car shows! (It was COLD here this morning!)
John J. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #39

The weather looks like it should be OK. Seasonal. No rain forecast. It will be cool at night though.

We will be heading up early Friday and hope to be there just after the noon hour.

See you on the weekend.

Dianne and Victor
Old 09-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #40

Trailer: 75 Boler ('Twilight Lounge')
Hi all

Wish we could join you, it's looking like we are both going to have to work for part of the weekend. Take lots of pictures!!

Debbie and John
Debbie H is offline   Reply With Quote