Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2003, 05:42 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

:wave missed it last year....going this year...anyone else?

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 06:11 PM   #2

We'll be there again, Lou

We liked it so much last year that we're going back with our Durango Good Sams Club.

If anyone else wants to go, the on-site RV parking is usually sold out by this time. But you can check on line. The ABQ Balloon Fiesta has an excellent web site with RV parking information.

This is an extraordinary event, beautiful color and activity--probably about 700 balloons of every shape imaginable.

Bring lots of film or digital camera memory cards. When Kodak sponsored it up until a couple of years ago, they claimed it was the ''most photographed event in the world.''

Old 08-10-2003, 07:03 PM   #3

Albuquerque balloon fiesta

:wave Thanks George. we just joined the skp's and they have a plan with a group tent, continental breakfast, bar-b-que, etc for $150.00, that we are going to send in tomorrow unless someone comes up with a better plan.

Old 08-19-2003, 05:51 AM   #4

US TOO

I just signed us up last week and didn't see this thread until this morning. That will be interesting to see how many EGGS are there. We will be in the ''cheap seats'', the Dry Camping area. We have Reservations for Thurs, Friday and Saturday nights. Any hints from you who have been there before would be appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Old 08-19-2003, 07:40 AM   #5

I thought this was held in the Spring...

I thought the Albequerque Balloon Festival was held in the late Spring. One of my employees went every year - but maybe my memory is faulty (probable) or they changed the date?

This is pretty near to us, and would make a nice outing. What IS the date this year?

FYI: Our town - Ridgecrest, CA - also has a neat Balloon Festival each year, but they have been changing the dates radically, trying to find better weather. It doesn't help...the only time it ever rains here is during the Festival, regardless of when they hold it!

Old 08-19-2003, 11:14 AM   #6

Link to the ABQ Balloon Fiesta web site

Steve and others who might be interested:

http://www.aibf.org/

There's more info there on this year's Fiesta than you'll ever want to know, dates, RV parking and reservations, etc., etc.

Old 08-19-2003, 11:23 AM   #7

Balloons

Another smaller but very nice balloon fest is the Big Bend Balloon Bash in Alpine Texas, It's the end of this month. Went last year, think I'll go again