Any Coloradoians interested? - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #81

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Pam, You ought to have tried sitting at them! LOL They were just odd, odd, odd.

Ken, You better not post a pic of me in the am................ LOL. I figured I get your wife to distroy them for me Us girls have to stick together! No am pic's please! Rod cracked up when I noticed that you had the camera, I am sure the look on my face was classic early morning, ( oh Shoot, yeah right!) look. We noticed you sat in a chair rather than attempt that table. The tables were interesting to say the least. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #82

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')

OK. Here it is. The picture of the infamous picnic table. I had to zoom in quite a bit so hope it isn't too fuzzy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	infamouspicnictable.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	16076

Notice that the seats are directly below the table top so you have to sit at an angle or lean way out. You can also see a giant splinter on the crosspiece at the right and the over length bracing between the table top and the end frames. Not as readily apparent are the large areas of rotted wood and the hardware and patch plates that have been installed over the years in an attempt to get just a few more years of service.

These things wouldn't even make good firewood.
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:45 PM   #83

Orlen, The picture doesn't show how awful they really were, LOL............ They actually don't look as bad as I thought they did in person (Orlen did you use a touch up program?) I guess you actually had to be there and sit at it to know how bad they were. Robin
Old 10-02-2008, 04:59 PM   #84

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
Pam, You ought to have tried sitting at them! LOL They were just odd, odd, odd.

Ken, You better not post a pic of me in the am................ LOL. I figured I get your wife to distroy them for me Us girls have to stick together! No am pic's please! Rod cracked up when I noticed that you had the camera, I am sure the look on my face was classic early morning, ( oh Shoot, yeah right!) look. We noticed you sat in a chair rather than attempt that table. The tables were interesting to say the least. Robin
perhaps beer or judicious use of alcohol helps or hurts ones ability to negotiate those benches?

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:19 PM   #85

LOL....................
Old 10-11-2008, 11:09 AM   #86

Trailer: 2006 (25B21RB) 21 ft Bigfoot / Dodge 2500 Diesel
We had a pleasant surprise on our outing to Rocky Mountain National Park this week. Earlier, in this post, I said we would be camping at RMNP Oct 6 though the 9th and all were welcome to join us, but I didn't get any response. However, while pulling into our campsite, we spotted a 17' Casita SD and a 13' Scamp, so we are thinking, someone read our post.,

Well, that wasn't the case. Frank and Barbara in their new Casita are from New York and never heard of the fiberglassrv forum. Ron and Loretta in their new Scamp are from Ohio and on their way back from Seattle. Ron and Loretta are members of this forum and like us, make an annual trip of watching the rut. We had a campfire and a fun evening together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Elk___Camper_for_Forum.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	16200

Dean & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:27 PM   #87

Very neat Dean, I love this time of year up there. Glad you guys had a great time. I will pm you about the spring/summer thing this week. Just got home last night from a trip to Calif, so am tooooooo poooooped to think. Robin