Any Coloradoians interested? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Any Colorado Egger's interested in getting a rally started in Colorado or even just a Egg get together? I am thinking of fall or spring, but hey we could do both If interested, speak up............. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:29 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Pick a place, pick a date and post pricing for a campsite and I bet you wouldn't be the only one there. Rallies DON'T have to be organized and structured to have a great time.

Regards,
The Queen of the Not Organized Gathering (NOG)
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #3

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')

Count me in!

The EggCamper could use the exercise.
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:20 AM   #4

I figured that Donna, but didn't want to pick a place and then everyone hate it! Thought I would get others involved and hopefully we can get something together. Well see!

Ok, Orlen where do you suggest? We have so many options, but I would love some idea's of where everyone thinks it would be fun. I am not home right now, so I don't have my campsite books but do you think middle (near Denver) north (Poudre River-ish) South or even Western Slope? I would love Redstone, but Sites are limited because of the darn oil fields taking over private campgrounds in that area. Ideas Ideas Ideas.............. Let me know what you think. Robin

The reason I thought Redstone, was because there is so much to do in that area, Shopping, Fishing, Marble Mines, Fall Colors, Hot Springs, Some may even want to venture over to Aspen. Of course we would have to investigate price, availability etc.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:50 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita
I have a friend who owns a nice campground with a nice pavillion near Durango at Lake Vallecito - on the edge of the Weimeche wilderness - who would love to have us if thats of interest to anyone...

Ken J.
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:51 AM   #6

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Any Colorado Egger's interested in getting a rally started in Colorado or even just a Egg get together? I am thinking of fall or spring, but hey we could do both If interested, speak up............. Robin
Robin,

When Lori and I decided we would step up and put on a Rally, we talked (& emailed) 3 or 4 friends and asked if they would like to come if we put on a Rally in Central California near the coast. With a positive response we asked what were good dates for each of them. That gave us the confidence to get going knowing we would at least have 3 to 5 trailers and it would be good if no one else came.

With that information under our belts, we Posted on the Forums here the Date & Location and asked everyone to sign up. There seems to always be 25 to 40 trailers show up and it is fun.

Remember, "Many hands make light work." Let other people help with small parts of the rally, like the Friday night Meet & Greet or the Name tags (if you have them) or what ever.

Good Luck & HAVE FUN! -
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi Robin - what a terrific idea! Don't know where in CO you are located, but oh, dontcha love Rocky Mtn NP! We "expect" to visit relatives in Aurora mid-September (of course, nothing is as certain as change ... ) and if time & location allow, we'd be likely to 'nest' with other Egg-ers if we find 'em. We'll keep an eye on this thread as we wander. Happy camping and hope our travel paths cross in future - L 'n D
Old 07-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Sounds like fun, ..............

LSChilders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:44 PM   #9

KenJ, I know exactly where your talking about. We stayed in a Cabin on Vallecito years ago. Love it up there. But not sure about weather in the fall or spring, for eggs. It was colder than a well diggers when we were there....... Fun though, and great hiking. Can I get you to check on availability for lets say early Oct and prices? I know thats a quick pick of dates but lets just get some idea of whats up, if people are willing to go that far. It will be informal ( in the fact that we're throwing in together last minute) but if he would let us use the pavillion for a pot luck or other gathering that would be great!

L'n D, We are on the west side of Greeley, 10 min from Loveland. Estes Park is ok, I think highly overrated! But always willing to go

Mike your probably right about just picking a place throw out some dates and work from there. But I don't mind driving anywhere, and basically like most area's of Colorado.......... That's why I thought I would throw it out and see if others can pinpoint a location. I so get what your saying about help. That's another reason I am throwing it out there. It will be fun to get something going in the Rocky Mountains. I was trying to think of a place that would have ton's of things to do in the area for people who may want to join us from other parts of the country. Hopefully others will have some more great ideas of where to hold it. It will be interesting to see what comes of it, Robin
Old 07-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #10

Oh and by the way, not just Coloradoian's are invited! Come join the fun! We don't have a date, nor do we have a place, but heck your invited!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #11

Robin

I'll check on prices tomorrow first thing.... October is a great time of year if we were go early - days are warm -nights will be cold - I would not be able to join you all in early Oct (first weekend) because I'm putting on an Airstream rally at the balloon fiesta in Albuquerque. But I'll be glad to get things set up if thats where everyone wants to go.

The goods is its a great place for a rally the bads is its kinda out of the way....

Ken J
Old 07-30-2008, 09:30 PM   #12

Ewwwww, Balloon Festival? hmmmmmm, maybe we should be moving the egg get together to the festival. Only joking, I know that the whole area is covered up during it. Thanks for checking on it for us. We will see if people want to go that far. It would be beautiful up there that time of year. Robin
Old 07-31-2008, 10:00 AM   #13

Yup - we have an incredible blast at the balloon fiesta - only problem its dry camping - no showers, no hookups and costs $340 for 4 nights - but as I said we have a great time, its right on the field and includes passes to the fiesta, and I guess its worth it to all of us crazies...

I called the Blue Spruce and they said 20/night and free use of the pavillion and dining hall - so its a great deal if it works.

Ken J.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:24 AM   #14

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Quote:
Ok, Orlen where do you suggest? We have so many options, but I would love some idea's of where everyone thinks it would be fun. I am not home right now, so I don't have my campsite books but do you think middle (near Denver) north (Poudre River-ish) South or even Western Slope? I would love Redstone, but Sites are limited because of the darn oil fields taking over private campgrounds in that area. Ideas Ideas Ideas.............. Let me know what you think. Robin

The reason I thought Redstone, was because there is so much to do in that area, Shopping, Fishing, Marble Mines, Fall Colors, Hot Springs, Some may even want to venture over to Aspen. Of course we would have to investigate price, availability etc.
Robin

My first choice would be somewhere in the southwestern part of the western slope in early to mid October (or late September). Gunnison, Buena Vista, even as far south as Durango. My second choice would be the area west of Denver, maybe Idaho Springs or Empire. Or around one of the ski areas like Winter Park.

Maybe camp in a national or state forest area instead of a commercial campground if the folks attending are into boondocking.

I've heard horror stories about problems with the oil exploration and drilling folks reserving complete campgrounds, hotels etc. in a large area surrounding Glenwood Springs so that could put west central Colorado out of the running. The front range, especially the areas around Denver and Colorado Springs, have plenty of varied activities and easy access via the Interstate system buts are pretty commercialized (i.e. expensive).

If it is held in October we have to warn folks that it can get cold, especially at the higher elevations. Also, hunting season starts in October so we could have competition for camping areas from hunters. I also remember that many of the campgrounds are only open from April to September.

OK. Now that I've thrown a few monkey wrenches into the works I'll offer whatever help I can to make things happen. I'm at work now so I don't have my campground listings books available but I'll take a look when I get home this evening.

I'm happy to see someone planning a meet in the Colorado area. Unfortunately, with my work schedule I can't get to any of the big rallies I read about on this forum.

Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:41 AM   #15

Yea - I was hesitant to say anything to put a monkey wrench into the party too, but Sept might be better. Also may want to consider south - like La Vita - we have had vintage Airstream rallies there that were good because it easier to get to if you are coming up from Texas, NM or Arizona...

Ken J.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:54 AM   #16

Ok, you guys are probably right about Oct.......... I am just a fall colors girl! But Sept is probabaly better (just shorter notice for people) So now we have to come up with a campground. Can anyone think of anything around Cuchara? It's beautiful there as well. As far as State or Blm campsites I don't know of any good ones down there. I guess we should pick an area that is easy for others to get to. When I get home, I will pull my books out and see what I can find, unless others come up with a great area. Robin
Old 07-31-2008, 12:29 PM   #17

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Lori & I will be in the south-west Colorado area (Pagosa Springs) the last week of August. We are going to a Bluegrass festival with The Legendary Earl Scruggs. http://www.folkwest.com/index2.htm

RATS, we'll miss your Rally.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:03 PM   #18

Mike, You and Lori should hang around the area for a while ! It's so beautiful there and if you guys hung out long enough you could join us, aaaaaaa where-ever we end up Enjoy the Fesitval, It's suppose to be great! Robin
Old 08-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #19

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp / Silver Ford 150
Grand Mesa might be interesting - it's awfully empty, with a myriad of lakes. No hookps (that I'm aware of) and lots of basic camping, good fishing, moose, elk. Far enough from civilization that many coloradans never get there.
September is less likely to get snowed in anywhere, but we have gotten heavy snow here in early Sept in the past....

Barring
barring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #20

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I am working on getting a getogether for the first or second week of October, most likely the second one, in Galena, IL, if that affects your plan. It will not be until next year, though. Must get tenure papers together this year.

CindyL