TN April 19-22, 2012: 5th Annual Eggscursion Townsend, TN **New Campground for 2012** - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #121

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfar
Unfortunately, we had to call today and cancel our reservation. Ed's dad is gravely ill and we need to stick close to home and family. We will miss seeing everyone. Hopefully next year will work. Maybe we will see some of you in Pa in June!
Sue--- I'm sorry to hear you and Ed wont be making it this year. Take care of Ed's dad. I was looking forward to some good music with Ed.
Hope to see you next year. Sheryl
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #122

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP View Post
Sue

Sorry to hear about Ed's father. We will miss you guys!
Thanks Tom
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #123

NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Sorry Sue,
I was looking forward to seeing at least one friendly face, but as they say, strangers are friends you have not known yet. Hope to see you in June in Pa.
Jim - You will find the group to be friendly, welcoming and FUN! We will see you in June with Stewart's ice cream in the cooler!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #124

NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl M View Post
Sue--- I'm sorry to hear you and Ed wont be making it this year. Take care of Ed's dad. I was looking forward to some good music with Ed.
Hope to see you next year. Sheryl
Sheryl - Ed was looking forward to playing with you as well. Next year for sure!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #125

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Better late than never. Left 20 degrees and snow. On our way with no reservation. There is one site in B (not river). Lots of sites in C. We will probably take a site in C. No sewer or cable. Grill though I was nuts to want tent site.

Nancy and Fred
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #126

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Nancy,
There was a cancellation yesterday in Section B, maybe that is available?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #127

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Sitting here in Ashville NC on the way from Van Buren ,Snoozy factory ,should be in Townsen some time tomorrow, with the snooz in tow.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #128

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe
Cool, see you tomorrow

Come camp with us

TomP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:05 AM   #129

Name: Bob
Trailer: 2004 Scamp 16SD
Tennessee
Great Rally

It has been a fantastic rally with overwhelming response. TomP will post the actual numbers but we had in access of 71 units and 20 states plus Canada. Tom is still walking around in a daze from the response. Of course, we all know it was Tom's hard work that made the rally so great. I have quite a few photos I will post when we get back home.

I am a little PO-ed at the campground. We made a reservation last April for a site in the A section and let them hold our $50 for a year. When we came in they had moved us across the road in the B section. How is that fare and why bother making a reservation if you can't stay with the group. I know we were one of the first to make a reservation because we drove up here from Lazy Days as soon as Tom announced the dates for 2012. Oh well, I got that off my back. Sorry for the rant.

Bob
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #130

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
We really enjoyed the music! Thanks to all the players and singers.
Attached Thumbnails
image-1861761120.jpg  
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #131

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nodine View Post
It has been a fantastic rally with overwhelming response. TomP will post the actual numbers but we had in access of 71 units and 20 states plus Canada. Tom is still walking around in a daze from the response. Of course, we all know it was Tom's hard work that made the rally so great. I have quite a few photos I will post when we get back home.

I am a little PO-ed at the campground. We made a reservation last April for a site in the A section and let them hold our $50 for a year. When we came in they had moved us across the road in the B section. How is that fare and why bother making a reservation if you can't stay with the group. I know we were one of the first to make a reservation because we drove up here from Lazy Days as soon as Tom announced the dates for 2012. Oh well, I got that off my back. Sorry for the rant.

Bob
I did not hear about that Bob. I will speak to the campground about it the next time I call them.

Come camp with us

TomP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #132

Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita Spirit Delux
Virginia
Registry
Had a GREAT Time at Eggscursion inTownsend Tn.

WOW!!! Did we ever have A great time at our first Egg Club Rally. Many thanks to TomP, and anyone else who had a hand in planning this great getogather. We had a wonderful time meeting and making new friends. We were very pleased with the camping facilities chosen for this rally. Tremont is a clean, spacious facility. The fact of the matter is, our experience was so good that we have made reservations for next year!

Thanks. Tom and Sandra Bentley
Pulaski, VA
TomB44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #133

Name: kathy
Trailer: 1972 Boler 13
New York
Registry
Thanks Tom et al

Thanks everyone, including Fred and Nancy who explored the Smokey park today with me. Everyone was so gracious and fun to this newbie. One of the eggers gave me an ocean mackeral which was delicious! Thanks also to Kathy who gave me mac salad(yum) to go with the fish.
I will plan to come back next year, did you already set the date for next year? Thanks all!
adkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #134

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: TomP... Our thanks as well from South West Ontario Canada!!! The Bourbon trail was beautiful, Nashville was nice, but Townsend was TERRIFIC!!! Great bunch of EGGERS...people you really want to be with.
One fellow who drove into the park asked me if "Those little white cabins were for rent"? "They look like a lot of fun". I told him he'd have to ask at the office, about the bigger brown ones on the hill!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #135

Name: Jan
Trailer: in the market
Ohio
Many thanks to all, especially to Tom for all his efforts, but also to those who extended hospitality to us. You were all so gracious in answering our questions and showing us your trailers. The advice from the experienced owners who encouraged us to attend a rally before deciding on which RV would best suit us were totally correct. Looks like we're going to be "Snoozing" in the near future.
nursejan is offline   Reply With Quote