April 22-24, 2011: NOG - N. Oregon Gathering - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #81

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Danny if I remember right it is hot dogs for those that wish Fri night. Pot luck Sat night and Sunday morning. But it is a laid back a event with the main goal to enjoy getting together
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #82

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Thanks Taylor.
DannyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #83

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Everyone bring sun!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #84

Sun! Everyone pack more sun!

Old 04-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #85

Schedule? You have to be kidding...

This is the NOG... Not Organized Gathering

Not really, but I do know everyone wants to know WHEN WE EAT! All this occurs in my site #80 Dairy Creek East.

THURSDAY, April 21
For the early birds... come and participate in a cup of Soup-A!
Dinner at 5pm, bring one can of soup (per campsite)... any kind EXCEPT cream soup (e.g., NOT Cream of Mushroom, Corn Chowder, etc.). Think Beef Barley, Vegetable, Chicken 'n Vegetable, etc. I'll need your soup offering NO LATER than 4pm... so we can get the soup good and hot. We'll open all the soup cans and pour into one pot.

We have a Coleman stove (w/propane) coming, a 2-1/2 gallon jug of bottled water, a large ladle, can opener and an two 8qt SS stock pots. We'll also have the NOG firepit going and I'll have the wire rack for the top if anyone cares to warm up some bread/rolls in aluminum foil.

You will also want to bring a bowl, an eating soup SPOON. I only carry two in the trailer and I don't think we want to share! Personally I don't like eating hot food with plasticware. YMMV

FRIDAY, April 22
Craft Beer Exchange - 7pm SHARP
Bring a six pack of craft beer from your area brewers. Trade one bottle/can for a different bottle/can. This is an opener event. BUT, you don't have to be a beer drinker to enjoy the camaraderie and NOG fire pit... just bring your smiling face and a lawn chair.

Also, please bring your hot dog/buns... everything including the condiments on the bun. This is NOT a potluck, just a chance to have dinner with everyone else. Some like sausage dogs; others the highbrow fancy dogs. Or, eat at your trailer and bring your lawn chair and join in the conversation. Smore's and roasting Peeps encouraged too.

SATURDAY, April 23
Pot Luck! Dinner at 6pm SHARP. Bring a dish to share. Any type of dish – main dish, side, salad or dessert. Bring your chairs, table service, and what you want to drink. We'll have two fire pits going. Wood is always welcome!

SUNDAY, April 24
We typically have a breakfast brunch before everyone leaves. Anyone care to add to the details about that?

NAME TAGS! Everyone, please make/bring/wear a nametag. We have lots of newbies coming, lets make it easy on them. I have THREE raffle prizes to give away. But, you have to be wearing a name tag to WIN.

As usual, everyone is welcome to participate or NOT. No pressure here. Just come and have a good time
Old 04-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #86

Registry
I have a large red Scamp Decal for side of trailer. I purchased it by mistake. If anyone can use it let me know I will bring it for them.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #87

Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester
Registry
I hope that those of us not able to attend the NOG are going to see lots of PICTURES from the enthusiastic crowd who can attend.

My wife and I visited Stub Stewart in the fall and found there is lots to see in the area. Some photos here:

Around Stub Stewart State Park, OR - a set on Flickr

Brian
Old 04-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #88

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Brian, thanks for the shots, it looks like a great area. Now that the trailers done my wife and I are getting out much more to enjoy photography. We just went to Astoria, last weekend, for a scavenger hunt with my photo club (you have a list of 12 subjects like "lines and angles", "Gingerbread", "The bridge") We had a blast.
DannyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:51 AM   #89

Tables, we'll need tables. Last time we borrowed a picnic table from the site right across from my site.. thanks Mike & Nancy. We may have to do that again. BUT, if anyone has any folding tables they could bring, that would be very helpful.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:38 AM   #90

Registry
We will bring our card table, A week to go
Old 04-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #91

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
The weather's looking promising but we'll bring our extra (Un) EZ Up just in case. We have a small folding table, we'll throw in.

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #92

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Plans for this coming weekend, roll out the sleeping cramper, dust 'er off, get 'er ready for the NOG!!! Did someone say NICE WEATHER? We hope so. We're greatly LOOKING FORWARD to meeting up with old friends and new. Dave & Kathie, we've got ourselves a brandy new ORANGE shelter thingie from Overstock, I think it was. I can't wait to put it up, and so I've had to redecorate all in ORANGE, naturally!

Take care everyone, and be seeing you very soon.
Sharen, Simon, Keeper & Twoo
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #93

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
Looking soooo forward to this trip. Mailie and I both could do with a little sun, none of that partly cloudy with filtered sun either. Got the Tardis out of mothballs last weekend so except for a few groceries, we're ready to go. BTW Donna, you can count on us for a table.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #94

Oregon
Registry
Sunday - Does anyone have a big coffee pot they could bring? Folks usually rustle up eggs, sausage, breakfast burritos, fruit, DO sweet rolls - whatever you feel like (I may do Apple Strudel French toast) ) Around 0900, 0930 - we can decide at the potluck Sat night.

(Sharen - I know what you mean about the orange - but it all seemed to come together last year like some sort of 'Cramper Karma' - looking forward to seeing you and the whole gang - new and old!)

Old 04-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #95

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Wood Bowls for the NOG and the Bandon Gatherings

I will bring some bowls for the raffles at both Bandon and Stub Stewart, and give them to Donna D. at Stub Stewart next weekend.

These bowls go to Bandon:

The Black Walnut bowl was made during the Glass Eggs Rallye at Fort Langley last Fall (in between rain squalls), and the Maple Burl Bowl was made late last year at home.

These go to Stub Stewart for that rallye:

The Dutch Elm Natural Edged Bowl was made last Fall at the Fall NOG (in between rain squalls), and is for Donna D. for all the work she does for us all. The Japanese Walnut Natural Edged bowl is from the tree in our back yard.

Enjoy,

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
424_Black Walnut Winged Bowl_1.jpg   419_Maple Burl Bowl_1.jpg  

427_Dutch Elm Natural Edged Bowl_1.jpg  
Attached Images

Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #96

Wood Bowls for the NOG and the Bandon Gatherings

Well, I can see I need to go back to school on this board, as I didn't have any luck attaching my photos of the bowls.

Mike
Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #97

[QUOTE=Mike Price;245028]Well, I can see I need to go back to school on this board, as I didn't have any luck attaching my photos of the bowls.

Scratch that! I guess I just didn't wait long enough.

Mike
Old 04-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #98

More Bowls

This is a couple of shots of my first monkey puzzle wood bowl. The grain and the colors are natural (except for the addition of clear walnut oil). I hope to find some more of the monkey puzzle wood, and it is wonderful to work with and the grain is unbelievable!

The last shot is a natural Burl top bowl, which took me a couple of years to find the right wood to make the bowl.

Mike

PS: These bowls are not for any raffle......Sorry
Attached Thumbnails
429_Monkey Puzzle Bowl_1.jpg   431_Monkey Puzzle Bow_top view_2.jpg  

Natural Burl Top Maple Bowl_1.jpg  
Old 04-17-2011, 07:04 AM   #99

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Mike P,
You are such a GOOD man!...giving your BEAUTIFUL hand carved bowls as presents for the raffle.
I am so THRILLED for 'our very own' DONNA to hear that she's getting one of them!!!
Three CHEERS for Donna and another three for 'our' Mike P!
Can't wait to see you all at Stubbie's in just a few days!
BB
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #100

Oregon
Registry
Wow Mike - that is extremely generous! How thoughtful of you to include Donna - she deserves it! We are very grateful that she doesn't organize our fun getaways