OR April 25-28, 2013: Spring NOG 2013 – Northern Oregon Gathering - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #61

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I've just been informed Champoeg SP is full for this particular weekend. So, please, please, please post here (or CasitaForum) FIRST if you need to cancel. There's now a waiting list of folks that would like to join us. We'd love to have NOGGERS join us if they can.

Remember, you can wait until THREE DAYS before your ARRIVAL date to cancel and get your money back. Be kind, let someone we know get your spot!

TIA!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:25 AM   #62

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
How do we get on the waiting list?

Charlie and Linda
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:17 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie A View Post
How do we get on the waiting list?

Charlie and Linda
You just did!

I don't coordinate the reservations... this is a NOG. It will be up to you to monitor the threads both here and at the CasitaForum. When you see a cancellation, you'll need to contact the OP of the cancellation to make arrangements to transfer the reservations.

I'm just asking folks to post their need to cancel, so others can get in.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #64

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuehler View Post
Ron,
Haven't seen you but for the brief afternoon a year ago, here in Manzanita.
We'll be at the Champoeg meet, too. Is this a different Rialta you're bringing or is it the one you had before last April? Can't keep track
Of all your camper vans!
Inquiring minds want to know!
BB
BB,
I couldn't wait to sell the Rialta. Furnace was noisy and the driver has NO place to comfortably rest the lefty leg/foot. The wheel well intrusion makes it impossible to position the left leg comfortably (oh, did I say that already? ).
After waiting for seemed to be a long time to see ads for a nice 2005-2007 21' rear bedroom Bigfoot, a crazy lady friend of mine dragged me (almost kicking and screaming) to the local Airstream dealer. I bought a slightly used 2012 19' Airstream Flying Cloud. It was twice what I would have had to pay for the Bigfoot but it seems that the Bigfoot rear bedroom floorplan is not always available to buy. So... I will be at Champoeg with an aluminum trailer this year. Next year, who knows? Maybe I'll actually LIKE the Airstream.
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #65

Name: Joan
Trailer: currently shopping
Oregon
Interloper

Hi, my name is Joan. I have a teardrop trailer. I will be driving down to Northern California for a teardrop gathering the weekend of 4/27. I hope you don't mind but I reserved a spot (A24) for 4/26 at Champoeg. I am very happy with my teardrop but can see myself upgrading to a 'standie' in the future. I find the fiberglass eggs fascinating and hope you don't mind if I crash your get together for one night.

Thanks
jfocallag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:30 AM   #66

Hi Joan, welcome to FiberglassRV... we're glad you're here!

No we don't mind SOBs (Some Other Brand) at the NOGs. While small fiberglass trailers is what brings us together, it's really ALL about the people. If you hang out with this group for very long... you'll end up with a standie in no time. And, you wouldn't be the only teardrop/molded owner either. There's several here than own both. Just like there are several that own more than one molded trailer!

I'll get you on the list and see you on the 26th!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #67

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 1979 Trillium Jubilee
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I've just been informed Champoeg SP is full for this particular weekend. So, please, please, please post here (or CasitaForum) FIRST if you need to cancel. There's now a waiting list of folks that would like to join us. We'd love to have NOGGERS join us if they can.

Remember, you can wait until THREE DAYS before your ARRIVAL date to cancel and get your money back. Be kind, let someone we know get your spot!

TIA!
Hi Donna,

I'm very sad to have to advise that Yves and I have to cancel this rally, as well as another we reserved in CA. I had been approved for a 6 week holiday from work to travel through Western US. But last week, I started a new job, and understandably, I can no longer take this type of a long holiday, especially 2 months into a new job. In fact, I'm starting at scratch with zero holidays for now. So, if there is someone from the waiting list who would like to take our spot, it is now available. I'll wait to hear back from you. We will try this again next spring. Enjoy the rally all!
Delybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delybo View Post
Hi Donna,

I'm very sad to have to advise that Yves and I have to cancel this rally,
Bummer for us, bummer for you! Lynn, we'll find out in April where the group wants to go for April 2014. I'll be posting that info the end of July when we can make reservations

Folks if anyone needs/wants Lynn and Yves reservation, they had site A18.

Thanks for letting us know Lynn...
Old 02-25-2013, 01:55 AM   #69

Name: Cheryl
Trailer: May buy Casita SD
Washington
Question Champoeg Rally

Hello Donna,

We have been looking for a Casita Spirit Deluxe 17' Trailer to come up for sale but have not found one yet on the westcoast. We are ready to buy though. I'm wondering if we should come to the Champoeg Rally for a day to see if any are for sale? Is this a good idea or not? I've never been to a rally and perhaps they're not so much 'sales' related. Perhaps this is a small meet with more visiting done than sales? dunno

We live in Bellingham, WA and have kids we can land in on in Kelso, Wa.

What do you think?

Cheryl
Ray and Cheryl WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #70

Of course you can come down and visit and talk with owners Cheryl! And no, we don't do trailer sales and I don't have a clue if anyone will have one for sale. But, it will give you a great opportunity to compare brands and layouts. Seeing is believing! You may think you know what you want, but until you actually step inside and see with your own eyes... well, it's just not the same and personally viewing is a very good idea. There's all three models of Casitas coming... LDs, SDs, and FDs!!

If you'd like to stay in the park with us, there's Yurts in A Loop and log cabins in B Loop. Perhaps you don't want to stay the entire time, but staying Friday night (?) would give you plenty of opportunity to see and talk.

Hope to see you there!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #71

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Well it looks like the Spring NOG will be so much fun. Linda and I are leaving for Sunnier places on April 1. WE will miss you all. We will be out a month or so. But whats a month or so LOL
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #72

Yeah Taylor... THAT'S WHAT RETIRED PEOPLE GET TO DO! You and Linda have a great time, we'll miss you and catch you both at another time
Old 03-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #73

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
BB,
I sold the Airstream last weekend (got what I paid for it). WHAT was I THINKING? OK, so I wasn't thinking. All that shiny aluminum on the ceiling and the walls. Enough to make ya think you're in an operating room of a hospital!! The interior white/blue LED lights were horribly "unwarm". I like incandescent lights ON THE INSIDE. I swear that crazy lady friend of mind talked me into buying it.
I will be buying a 2008 21' Bigfoot on March 23rd. Now THERE'S a trailer worth owning!!!
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #74

Ron, I was kinda thinking you lost your mind... welcome back to "All Glass is Class."

BTW: I've changed your listing on the NOGs participants list from SOB () to 2008 21' Bigfoot
Old 03-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #75

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Hey Donna Is me Flygal.......been gone a long time as always late to the date and hoping to score. I see no spots are left should one become available I would love it
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delybo View Post
Hi Donna,

I'm very sad to have to advise that Yves and I have to cancel this rally, as well as another we reserved in CA. I had been approved for a 6 week holiday from work to travel through Western US. But last week, I started a new job, and understandably, I can no longer take this type of a long holiday, especially 2 months into a new job. In fact, I'm starting at scratch with zero holidays for now. So, if there is someone from the waiting list who would like to take our spot, it is now available. I'll wait to hear back from you. We will try this again next spring. Enjoy the rally all!
Is this taken yet???
Old 03-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #77

Yo FlyGAL all sites are full in A Loop. I understand B Loop if first come-first serve. BUT, we know "life happens." If you can get away at the last minute, keep an on this thread... I'm betting someone will cancel. It will be up to YOU and THEM to coordinate on the cancellation... after all this is the NOG.

OMG, haven't seen you for a couple of years... hope everything works out.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #78

Quote:
Yo FlyGAL all sites are full in A Loop. I understand B Loop if first come-first serve. BUT, we know "life happens." If you can get away at the last minute, keep an on this thread... I'm betting someone will cancel. It will be up to YOU and THEM to coordinate on the cancellation... after all this is the NOG.

OMG, haven't seen you for a couple of years... hope everything works out.

Will Check back and see as dates get closer. If you spy something or know of somethin somethin feel free to let me know.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygal View Post
Will Check back and see as dates get closer. If you spy something or know of somethin somethin feel free to let me know.
ONLY if you PROMISE to wear your hat
Old 03-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #80

Quote:
ONLY if you PROMISE to wear your hat
If by hat you mean my typical homeless looking appearal then yes I will be wearing my hat