MB Aug 17-19, 2012: 3rd Annual Manitoba Rally - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #21

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Reservation time is coming soon!

Monday, April 2nd the reservations open for St Malo Provincial Park. They went quite quickly last year, especially the electric sites...grab one early. Even if something comes up and you can't make it the cancelation fee is very minimal. Looking forward to it!

Here is the link again for online reservations:

http://prspub.gov.mb.ca/
Old 03-31-2012, 06:13 AM   #22

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Manitoba Rally

This is your reminder to make your reservations starting on Monday April 2nd at 730am the corrected Parks link is now http://prs.gov.mb.ca/
The park is also charging admission fees again starting this year so there will be an added cost. And the cost of camping per night has gone up some. Still a cheap way to spend some quality time in our Great Outdoors.

· Fee Changes in 2012

Manitoba Parks continues to offer the lowest camping fees across the country. In 2012, camping fees increased on average $1.05 to $3.15 per night depending on what services are offered. Reservation fees will be $9.00 per reservation and $3.00 per change to a reservation.

· Park Entry Fees and Permits

After a 3-year free park entry period, the requirement to display a park vehicle permit return on May 1 for any motorized vehicle entering Manitoba’s provincial parks. Annual permits are $30; 3-day permits are $8 and new this year is the Daily permit which will be $4. Park entry revenues assist Manitoba Parks in park improvements and new initiatives across the system.

By mid-April, permits will be available at all Conservation Offices including campground offices, large stores such as Wal-Mart and Canadian Tire, and smaller outlets around the province where hunting and fishing licenses are sold.

Please email me when you make your reservation with your camp site number, the number of people attending, year make and model of your camper and where you will be coming from.

We would like to invite you all to the 3rd Annual Manitoba Rally

Dates: August 17 to 19, 2012
Location: St Malo Provincial Park; located 45 minutes South of Winnipeg and 45 minutes North of the Canada/USA border on Highway 59. This park has a nice beach area along with hiking and biking trails. There are modern washrooms and showers and the small town of St Malo is within one mile.
We will be using Bay 11 for electrical and Section A for Non-electrical again this year for the Rally. This is a popular park in Southern Manitoba so please make your reservations as early as possible so that some people will not be in other areas of the park like last year.

Reservations at the Parks Website will start on Monday April 2rd, 2012 at 7:30am the link to the reservation site is http://prs.gov.mb.ca/

If you plan to attend the event please see the RALLY CALENDAR on the http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/ website and RSVP to me as this site has changed a few things and not allowing it to be set up the way we did last year.

Thank you from your hosts
Rick Mooyman rick.mooyman@shaw.ca
And
Roland Hoffman
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #23

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Scamp has Arrived - Layout 7
Minnesota
Hi Rick. We plan to be there. We'll be touring around Lake Superior and will hit St. Malo near the end of our circuit.

Dan and Sue Jones
Dan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #24

Registry
Great Dan look forward to meeting you then, did you check out the Rally info for Bemidiji as well in June.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #25

Minnesota
Yes, I did, Rick -- and we plan to be there also. Our bicycle club will be camping at Gull Lake COE campground a few days later so we are combining the two events into one trip. There is still a lot of stuff in the area that we have yet to see despite many trips to the area.

Dan
Old 03-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #26

Registry
Great we will see you there then. Cant wait!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #27

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Rick,

Thanks for the good information regarding the park fees.

Dan, if you have time between Bemidji and your biking event think about going up to Ash River area with us. Fred and I will be at Chief Woodenfrog Sunday and Monday nights. Will visit the neutrino lab on Monday.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #28

Registry
Your welcome Nancy. WOW its this close to camping season but not close enough.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #29

Minnesota
OOPS! Sorry Nancy. Got my schedule goofed up. My wife pointed out that the bike camping event is at another time and that we are going to Fargo ND after the St. Malo event. So many trips this year that it gets a bit confusing sometimes.

Thanks for the invite though. Looking forward to meeting you folks.

Dan and Sue
Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #30

Name: Angela
Trailer: 1974 13' Ventura
Manitoba
Registry
Booked my camp site. Looking forward to this.
kilgoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #31

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
My sites all booked too. Site 29 in bay 11. I've never been there before but from what I hear the sites are really nice.
bkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #32

Minnesota
Bay 11 - Site 4.

WOW! Three hours online to make a reservation. Guess the first booking day is busy, busy, busy. Can't complain too much though - our Minnesota State Park booking system crashed on day one and wasn't operational for weeks.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #33

Name: Maureen
Trailer: 2003 Trillium Outback
Saskatchewan
Registry
Finally got a site booked! Got up for 6:30 our time (7:30 your time) and could not get into the site until 7:00 our time and it is now 10:00 (our time) and have just finished booking. Couldn't get anywhere near the sites in Bay 11 we wanted as they were completely booked, so have booked in Bay 4 site #5. Wow, what a wait time! So see you in August!
Maureen H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #34

Name: Corrine
Trailer: Shasta
otter lake, manitoba
Wow! A little over 3 hours to get reservation made and only a few sites left in bay 11. BUT we got in and have booked site #6. Hopefully nice site? No pictures of sites. Looking forward to seeing you all!
Sunshinech_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #35

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Hey you guys. A still has non electric sites.

We have G 10 basic (no elec). Took that site as I believe it has some shade. No air conditioner in our camper. If the temp is over 90 we will be a no show.

On my map I have next door G 11 marked as one I would have wanted too. Hope I get a fiberglass neighbor.

If there are others out there who do not require elec, but want shade I have a few other sites marked as well.

Long wait to make reservation. Was an interesting rainy day experience.

Brian, Bay 11 #29 is a very nice site. We may all join you with our camp chairs!

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #36

Registry
I cant even get into the site to book mine so you guys are all lucky to have gotten on.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #37

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
We are in section A site 7 hope to se all then
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #38

Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300
Got my site booked. Bay 11, site 1.

Not sure whats left in Section A, but if you want a shaded spot, then Section A site 2 has a big tree near the front of the lot which was where I parked my Boler under last year.

Had a great time last year and got lots of ideas. I hope to be implementing a few of them this spring to my Boler.

Looking forward to it!!

www.bolerbash.com
Jayson Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #39

Registry
2012 Manitoba Rally

Wow only took 7 tries to get in and 4 hours later I have the same site as last year Section A Site 9
Old 04-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #40

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Good luck!

Wish I had some computer techie tips or tricks to pass on to everyone but its just a waiting game on opening day. Good luck and don't forget to pass your campsite number on to us so we can compile the rally list and organize the trailer tour.

If you did not get the site or area you wanted please book one that is close and then keep checking the reservation map...I noticed last year that spots open up due to cancellations and you may be able to transfer over to the one you want.

Tags
rally