MB Aug. 19-21, 2011: Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #21

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Hi Brian. Seems a few of us dont have GPS units but looks like there will be about 5 or 6 units so will probally be grouping people together. Looks like it can be a fun activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian K View Post
Hi Rick. Thanks for the welcome. And to Maureen, I ended up checking out the website for the geocaching and it sounds like alot of fun. Unfortunately I dont have a GPS, but I wouldnt mind tagging along to find out more about it.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #22

Trailer: Boler
We're in!

We live in NW Ontario and would love to join you. We have a 1975 Boler. Please assist us with the closest campground to your area. I am finding it difficult to understand. We could go electric or non. What is closest? Thanks
elgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #23

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin View Post
We live in NW Ontario and would love to join you. We have a 1975 Boler. Please assist us with the closest campground to your area. I am finding it difficult to understand. We could go electric or non. What is closest? Thanks

Welcome and great to have you in! Section "A" is nonelectric and there are 10 spots available as of today... camping site #1B, 2B, 3B or 10B might be good choices as they are very close to other rally participants.

If you want electric it looks like two spots have just opened up in "Bay 11" and there are also rally participants in this Bay. Here is the link to make reservations at St. Malo Provincial Park:

http://prsasr.gov.mb.ca/FacilitySearch.aspx or if you prefer to phone: Parks Reservation Service 1-888-482-2267 toll-free

We look forward to meeting you and please let us know which spot you grab so we can add you to the rally map.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #24

Registry
Hi elgin follow this link http://prsasr.gov.mb.ca/, you will have to register and it is FREE go to the Make a Reservation, then use the pull down box and select St Malo Campground pick the date you want to arrive and the number of nights then select Search then select Section A for Basic sites there are 10 sites left as of right now or Bay 11 for electric ther are 2 sites left in there. Once you book the site go back to the first message in this thread and add your RSVP to the list, I check the list a few times a week and will then add you to the Rally map I am compiling. Thanks for your interest and look forward to meeting you in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin View Post
Old 05-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #25

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler
Well we did it.Reserved Bay 11 #28.
We drove through the park a couple of years ago and often said that we should hook up the boler and get out there as we found it to be very nice.Now if the Weatherman will cooperate,we've got it made.
Haven't used the boler since we had the new torque axle installed about 4 years ago.
Everytime we hook up the boler it brings back memories of the summer I worked assembeling them here in Winnipeg on Dufferin Ave as a summer student job.
Looking foreward to meeting all you boler lovers (and other trailer owners of course) and seeing what you've done to personalize your units.
My Wife Olga and I will see you there !
Andy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #26

Registry
Hi Andy, thanks for your responce. Wow you actually worked in the Boler Plant. I want to hear the stories of what that was like. What years did you work there? Did you make your own trailer? That would be cool if you did. I have added you to the Rally Map and look forward to meetig you in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
Well we did it.Reserved Bay 11 #28.
We drove through the park a couple of years ago and often said that we should hook up the boler and get out there as we found it to be very nice.Now if the Weatherman will cooperate,we've got it made.
Haven't used the boler since we had the new torque axle installed about 4 years ago.
Everytime we hook up the boler it brings back memories of the summer I worked assembeling them here in Winnipeg on Dufferin Ave as a summer student job.
Looking foreward to meeting all you boler lovers (and other trailer owners of course) and seeing what you've done to personalize your units.
My Wife Olga and I will see you there !
Old 05-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #27

Registry
1968 Boler Prototype

Did anyone notice the ad for the 1968 Boler Prototype the survived being destroyed on Kijiji for $2000. If I had the cash I sure would buy it. What a peice of History that is.

A rare one of the first 40 boler trailers made in Winnipeg. - Winnipeg Travel Trailers, Campers For Sale - Kijiji Winnipeg Canada.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #28

Registry
Welcome Andy and Olga, great to have you onboard. Looking like it should be a great weekend. See you there!

Hey Rick I caught that ad also, would be nice!
Old 06-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #29

Registry
Not much chatter in here lately! Just over 2 months away now. I have 20 trailers saying they are coming 3 of those have not given me their camp site numbers yet. Hope those 3 have gotten their sites as the campground filled up real fast. Just courious, I know how many trailers but for most of them I dont know how many people will be in them.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #30

Registry
Thanks Rick, turnout is looking very good...I know everyone is busy trying to capture as much of the summer as they can. Feels like it just got started in our part of the country!

In the near future we hope to be posting some of the weekend activities so please stay tuned!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #31

Registry
Thumbs up Manitoba Rally

Wow Summer has hit Manitoba and just a month to go till the rally.

Was out at St Malo a few weeks ago checking the place out. Looks like it will be a good place for the rally this year. We have 23 trailers confirmed but 3 of those have not gotten back to me with campsite info. A few of you I am not sure of how many people in your partys.

Looks like we will be haveing a meet and greet the friday night, geocacheing on the Saturday morning, Beach free time Saturday afternoon and pot luck supper on Saturday evening. Trailer tour will probally happen on Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. Roland and I will post the schedule once we get it finallized. Anyone interested in the Geocacheing should chat with Maureen H about it as she will be giveing a lesson on how it works and will be guiding us on a hunt.

Will keep you guys posted as we get closer.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #32

Trailer: 1976 Ventura
Hi everyone. I've been lurking for over a year and almost made it to the 1st meet last year. My husband and I are planning on attending with 'Little Veggie' my '76 Ventura. I booked Bay 8, Site 13 a few weeks ago and there is just the 2 of us. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Sherry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:45 AM   #33

Registry
Hi Sherry and welcome, I have added you to the Rally map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry G View Post
Hi everyone. I've been lurking for over a year and almost made it to the 1st meet last year. My husband and I are planning on attending with 'Little Veggie' my '76 Ventura. I booked Bay 8, Site 13 a few weeks ago and there is just the 2 of us. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #34

Registry
Hello!

Welcome to you and your husband Sherry...as Rick mentioned stay tuned for some announcements in the near future.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:47 AM   #35

Name: Brian and Lil
Trailer: 1979 Boler Gaucho Model
Manitoba
Registry
I have a GPS and would be interested in doing some geocaching
Brian Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #36

Registry
Great Brian should be a fun activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Sanderson View Post
I have a GPS and would be interested in doing some geocaching
Old 07-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #37

Name: Brian and Lil
Trailer: 1979 Boler Gaucho Model
Manitoba
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen H View Post
I was so glad to see this on the site! The time, the place, everything just fits into our summer plans! We are avid geocachers, (Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site) and Manitoba is back on our plans for a visit again! So with this rally right in the area we want to visit, we get to do what we love best, going to meets and meeting up with the nicest people and to go geocaching! See you there!
I will be bringing my Garmin GPS
Brian Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #38

Registry
If anyone else has a Handheld GPS bring it along and join the fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
Great Brian should be a fun activity
Old 07-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #39

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
Not much chatter in here lately! Just over 2 months away now. I have 20 trailers saying they are coming 3 of those have not given me their camp site numbers yet. Hope those 3 have gotten their sites as the campground filled up real fast. Just courious, I know how many trailers but for most of them I dont know how many people will be in them.
Hi Rick. I was pretty excited about the weekend but unfortunately it looks like I'm not going to make it. If I do make it then it will only be for friday night and I'll have to leave first thing saturday morning. That will be too much rushing around. If i cancel my reservation then I will loose out on the reservation fee which is not a big deal but if you know of someone that still needs a site then maybe I can just switch the names.
bkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:34 AM   #40

Registry
By now everyone should have their site booked but will see what I can do for you if someone wants to move sites or last minute bookings.

Hope things change and you can still make it for the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian K View Post
Hi Rick. I was pretty excited about the weekend but unfortunately it looks like I'm not going to make it. If I do make it then it will only be for friday night and I'll have to leave first thing saturday morning. That will be too much rushing around. If i cancel my reservation then I will loose out on the reservation fee which is not a big deal but if you know of someone that still needs a site then maybe I can just switch the names.

Tags
rally