Aug. get together at Cache Creek, 2003 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2002, 06:41 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Aug. get together at Cache Creek, 2003

Aug. 2, 3 & 4 has been picked for a get together at Cache Creek, BC in the Brookside campsite. If you are interested I will see about booking space for everyone. Please let me know. bankeir@hotmail.com Full hookups are $21.00, just power and water is $19.00 and no hookups are $16.00 this includes the pool and shower and taxes. There is a 10% discount for everyone that does come. They want to know by April 15 approx. how many will come. So PLEASE let me know. You pay when you arriave. :wave

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 12:24 AM   #2

Marlean K

A bit early for Sue and I to commit - we'll keep it in mind though.

Thanks! :)

Old 12-30-2002, 07:59 AM   #3

Cache Creek, BC

Hi Marlean,
For those of us unfamiliar with the area, it would be helpful if you could tell us a little about Cache Creek, the surrounding area, the camp facilities, etc. I did a web search and a found a lot of stuff, but mainly commercial--business, motels, and such. Perhaps you can recommend a couple of good web links.

The mini-rally that you propose sounds great. Thanks for the invitation. Like Rick, we can't program that far ahead. (In our case, that's major mileage.) I'm sure reservations will become a problem later in the year, but we may just have to take our chances.

Be sure you move this thread to the top from time to time, so that we'll all be reminded. Thanks!

Old 12-30-2002, 08:44 AM   #4

Maybe

Hmmm....:chinwe should be on the return leg of our Alaska trip about then:steer so it might be doable for us. Don't want to commit that far in advance just yet though. :m

Old 12-30-2002, 12:10 PM   #5

location of Brookside campsite

Hi, you can look up all the information of Brookside campsite on there web site. www.brooksidecampsite@hotmail.com It shows all about the 95 sites and a bit about the area. Looking foward to seeing you there. We are also going to one in Ft. Langley on the May 24th weekend maybe we will see you there too.

Old 01-01-2003, 08:48 PM   #6

Cache Creek location

Hi:

Cache Creek is located at approximately N 50.48.646 W 121.19.521, which is the intersection of BC Hwy 97 and Transcanada Hwy 1.

Rick B :E
73 Boler 1300

Old 01-04-2003, 05:53 PM   #7

sounds like fun!

Hi Marlean!

Greg and I were just looking on the web for interesting places in BC to camp... He mentioned how much he likes the Cache Creek area. I'll have to tell him about this opportunity. Provided we're in town we might just jump on board.

~ Mel

Old 01-06-2003, 05:48 PM   #8

Sounds great!

A British Columbia outing sounds like a lot of fun, guys! I'm jealous!

Old 01-06-2003, 07:24 PM   #9

cache creek

The climate is dry in the summer, almost Yakima Valley type environ. As you travel from Vancouver it is a major junction to points south east just as you leave the Fraser Canyon north bound.

The Fraser Canyon as opposed to the Coquihalla toll highway is very beautiful (and free) and would make a great day trip from Washington State. Just short of 100 mile House, the gateway to the Cariboo.

I'm sure that for folks living in Washington and Oregon it would make for a very pleasant trip. Go all the way to 100 mile either before or after. Theres a lot of 1800's gold rush history up the canyon and beyond....

Old 01-06-2003, 07:29 PM   #10

British Columbia

Charles, BC is the BEST and you'll know once you and PAM make it here - one of these days!

Let's see...green, clean and friendly. :lol

Old 01-06-2003, 08:32 PM   #11

So Far So Good!

Marlean,

I have sent you an email.... providing the park allows leashed dogs, you can count me and Greg in on the fun. :-)

~ Melanie

Old 01-06-2003, 09:01 PM   #12

Cache Creek, BC

I checked with the web site www.brooksidecampsite@hotmail.com and yes they do accept pets, but they must be leashed.

Old 01-07-2003, 08:29 AM   #13

Mike T>>BC is the BEST

Oh I'm sure it is! Years ago, with our first fiberglass wonder, we did the Banff / Jasper tour ... with a couple of short jaunts into BC, which we really enjoyed.

Pam really, really, really wants to do an extended trip to BC, including Vancouver Island ... and we probably will someday soon, maybe even summer 2004.

Trouble is, until she gets retired, we can only come during the height of tourist season ... it would be much nicer to visit BC in the late spring/early fall.

Until then, I'll just have to be jealous of you folks who live nearby!

Old 01-07-2003, 08:33 AM   #14

Full hook-ups

By the by, when Marlene says full-hook-ups are $21 ... she's probably talking Canadian dollars. That's only $13.50 or so US.

Wow!

Old 01-07-2003, 09:36 AM   #15

link to Cache Creek info

Here is a fairly good link to read. http://www.britishcolumbia.com/regions/tow...ns/?townID=3390

Old 02-28-2003, 01:02 AM   #16

Join in the fUN !

This looks like a great place:wave'

So.... I think we'll be pullin our Casita north':)

Old 03-04-2003, 08:36 PM   #17

Cache Creek weekend

Put us on the list,please. Barring the unforseen w'll be there! BTW there is a medieval weekend in Clinton just a few miles up the road to visit during the same weekend. People dress up like the 1500's and have arts and crafts as well as medieval battles (on foot). Great fun to watch. We went there last year and it was very interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Hans & Patricia

Old 03-27-2003, 11:42 AM   #18

pre- register for Aug. long weekend

Hi everyone. All those that are wanting to attend the Cache Creek long weekend meet would you please call and confirm with the campsite. Their phone number is 250-457-6633 or email them at brooksidecampsite@hotmail.com. They have set aside 10 sites with power and water so please let them know if you are going to attend and tell them that you are with the boler group. See you there. :ola

Old 06-22-2003, 12:56 PM   #19

Cache Creek, BC

It appears that we are going to have a good turnout for the Aug. long weekend. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Old 06-30-2003, 12:23 AM   #20

Is this JUST for Bolers?

Or can Oxygen owners come too?