AZ | 2016, Feb 8-11; 12-14: Quartzsite Gathering - Quartzsite, AZ - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2015, 12:16 AM   #1

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
AZ | 2016, Feb 8-11; 12-14: Quartzsite Gathering - Quartzsite, AZ

2016 Quartzsite Gathering - Your Hosts: Greg, Janea, and the kids.

We’d like to acknowledge our good friends George and Betty and the tremendous job they have done hosting this incredible gathering for the past eight years. They have built it into one of the premiere gatherings for Molded Fiberglass Trailers and we are going to miss their presence in the years ahead as they segue into new adventures.

Dates: Due to the number of trailers arriving early in the week in recent years we are elongating the official gathering dates. Last year we had 66 of the eventual 104 trailers in by Wed.
  • February 8th to 11th Early bird Quartzsite Pre-Gathering (Monday thru Thurs)
  • February 12th to 14th Main Event (Friday thru Sunday)
If you can attend the Main Gathering, the Pre-Gathering, or the entire Quartzsite Gathering we’d love to have you come and enjoy the good times. Some even stay for a Post-Gathering for a few days if you’re so inclined.

Where: Same location as always, Dome Rock area, Quartzsite Arizona. Approx. 5 miles west of Quartzsite on I-10, south side of highway next to the frontage road.

GPS: 33.643617,-114.304752

Who Can Attend: Owners of all Molded Fiberglass Trailers brands - Casita, Scamp, Escape, Burro, U-haul, Bigfoot, Lil’ Snoozy, Compact Jr., Trillium, Boler, Parkliner, Eggcamper, Perris Pacer, etc. This gathering has always been, and will continue to be, a melting pot of all molded fiberglass trailer brands.

Registration: There is no pre-registration, as this is free BLM land. We will have a registration/signup table at the Host Trailer. This is just first name(s), town, state and trailer type. Make sure you stop by the Host Trailer because not only do we want to meet you, the first 200 people will receive a FREE 2016 Quartzsite Gathering commemorative button!

Camping: Free BLM 14-day dry camping (no facilities) on hard packed dirt. Market, water and dump station are all located in Quartzsite, 5 miles to the east.
  • BLM Permit: A BLM permit must be obtained and displayed on your trailer. These are available free of charge from the BLM host trailer located a mile or two from town on the frontage road.
  • Campfires: Campfires are allowed. Please bring some firewood if you can. As usual we will have a central fire pit.
  • Generators: Generators are OK, however quiet ones are even better. Please try not to run them too early or late. Respect your fellow campers.
  • Check-in Check-out times – None. Come in and leave when you want to. Maximum stay in this area is 14 days. Best of all there is no bill and nothing owed when you leave!
Pets: All pets must be kept on a leash while within the camp area. You are responsible for cleanup and sanitary disposal of your pet’s waste.

Vendors: No outside vendors will be allowed without prior approval from the hosts.

Activities: The Quartzsite Gathering is traditionally not highly scheduled with activities. The few activities we have are on Saturday.
  • Soup Thing: If everyone would bring a can of soup (Not cream style) they are poured into a couple of large pots and shared with everyone on Saturday afternoon. Snacks are welcome.
  • Ladder ball Tournament: Right after the Soup Thing. Great fun to be had at the Quartzsite Gathering Ladder ball Tournament. Never played? Not a problem. It is quick and easy to pick up the game and compete for great prizes. Last year’s tournament was quite an event and drew as many spectators as players. Join the fun and sign up your team at registration.
  • Quartzsite Flea Markets: Throughout the town of Quartzsite, the Flea Markets run in the winter months during the influx of RV winter visitors and are quite interesting to spend a day or two rummaging around and finding treasures.
White Board: Check the white board at registration for activities and approx. times.

Post any questions you have or to just say “Hello, we’ll be there”! We look forward to meeting many new friends and visiting with many old friends at one of the best gatherings of Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers (All brands are welcome) in the country.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:11 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Thanks for posting the info on the Q for 2016 Greg. Looking forward to the next Q. You asked for comments so I'll start off. We have been to the last two rallies there. The first not long after we got the SD and didn't really know what to expect. The second one was great as we were able to meet, eyeball to eyeball, with a number of FGRV members that I've had posting connections with. Really liked to see first hand some of the mods the members have posted. Kind of a funny side note to that. I had been PMing AZ Dave about his mods on his Snoozy. We've have always parked on the ridge and as we pulled in last year I told my wife I need to find Dave's Snoozy as I knew they were supposed to be there. After I leveled out the SD I looked straight down the hill....there they were! Most impressed with Dave's work. That's a great thing about rallies.
We are both into rocks and lapidary work so going to the Q we always come back heavier than we started .
One last thing from last year and I'll sign off. As we were pulling out I saw a 5.0 TA with a white Ford truck......Donna D????? Made a u turn and checked but the license plate was not right.
Looking forward to '16.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:35 AM   #3

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Hey Dave, me too.

I hadn't been since 2011 and thoroughly enjoying going this last February.
Attached Thumbnails
2015-2-8 Dome Rock, Quartzsite, AZ 1.jpg  
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:59 AM   #4

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Dave, thanks for your kind remarks about our LS. I really enjoy being able to connect a face to the people I've only read postings from here on FGRV, and to get new ideas/mods from others. God willing, we will be there in 2016.
Dave & Paula
PS
Thank you George & Betty for all your past work in making this a fun event, and Greg A. for taking over leading this event so we can continue enjoying everyones company.
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:23 AM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 19
Arizona
Greg

I will be there if I'm not at sea. Have just taken a job with Military Sealift Command and at this point I'm not sure oof my schedule
captsteve2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:55 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
Looking forward to attending this year. I'm currently on a trip to Alaska, and, after having to shovel my roof in Oswego last February, decided to stay in the West after the trip, at least until March.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:14 AM   #7

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
It's been several years since we've been to Quartzsite and that was back when we had a big motorhome. We really enjoyed poking around in a ll the flea markets and other vendors' stands. I remember reading about this gathering last winter but it didn't work out for us. Thanks for keeping it going. It sounds like a lot of fun and I hope we can make it this year!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:59 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Trailer: Winnebago
Quartzsite 2016

We are looking forward to returning to Q again. We always have a good time in the desert - especially in the winter!
Larry,C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:11 PM   #9

Name: Gary & Jona
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II
Florida
My wife and I have been trying to do this for several years and are planning to be there in 2016 so looking forward to meeting many of you. We should be traveling with several other Fiberglass friends as well and hope to make the dates you have scheduled so see you there. Thanks for posting early so we can plan the trip from the east coast. Gary & Jona
garyjona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Thanks for posting the info on the Q for 2016 Greg. Looking forward to the next Q. You asked for comments so I'll start off. We have been to the last two rallies there. The first not long after we got the SD and didn't really know what to expect. The second one was great as we were able to meet, eyeball to eyeball, with a number of FGRV members that I've had posting connections with. Really liked to see first hand some of the mods the members have posted. Kind of a funny side note to that. I had been PMing AZ Dave about his mods on his Snoozy. We've have always parked on the ridge and as we pulled in last year I told my wife I need to find Dave's Snoozy as I knew they were supposed to be there. After I leveled out the SD I looked straight down the hill....there they were! Most impressed with Dave's work. That's a great thing about rallies.
We are both into rocks and lapidary work so going to the Q we always come back heavier than we started .
One last thing from last year and I'll sign off. As we were pulling out I saw a 5.0 TA with a white Ford truck......Donna D????? Made a u turn and checked but the license plate was not right.
Looking forward to '16.
5.0 TA would have been Ginger!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Dave, thanks for your kind remarks about our LS. I really enjoy being able to connect a face to the people I've only read postings from here on FGRV, and to get new ideas/mods from others. God willing, we will be there in 2016.
Dave & Paula
PS
Thank you George & Betty for all your past work in making this a fun event, and Greg A. for taking over leading this event so we can continue enjoying everyones company.
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:54 PM   #11

Name: Josh & Sonya
Trailer: '97 Casita SD 17; 03 Bigfoot 25RQ
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Looking forward to '16.
Hi Dave,

That would have been Ginger. My wife and I visited her in Quartzite after she generously responded to our request to see a 5.0TA in person if there was one in the area of Yuma or Phoenix.

We had a great visit/tour with Ginger (she has a white Ford 150 EcoBoost). In the end, we decided to go for a used Bigfoot 25RQ. Found one and picked it up in Idaho in May.

Regards,
Josh
Josh and Sonya W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:02 AM   #12

California
Nice to know who it was Josh. We were on the way back to Borrego but when I saw the numbers on the front of the trailer and the white Ford I just had to turn around. Have read many posts from Donna D and would have been sorry if I had just driven on without checking and found out later that that was her there and not meeting her. We will be at the Q in '16, looking forward to seeing Joy and her pup again and hopefully Luc, to hear his violin again and what ever mods Dave has made to his LS. My SD will only be a bit dustier after sitting mostly in the desert . The first year at the Q, my wife had a broken foot in a cast, last year I had disc problems and a cane was my best friend. Things are good for us now and hopefully it stays the same. Dang, this golden year thing kind of sucks.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:08 AM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Nope not me. DANG. The Q is on my bucket list for 2018! I hope to retire on Dec. 31, 2017. Sigh. Glad those that wanted to view a 5.0TA got to see Gingers!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:15 PM   #14

Name: Skip
Trailer: U-Haul
California
Are there toilets available?
sdfoghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:44 PM   #15

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfoghorn View Post
I'm guessing not: dry camping (no facilities) on hard packed dirt. Market, water and dump station are all located in Quartzsite, 5 miles to the east.
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:38 PM   #16

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfoghorn View Post
No, nothing but the ground to park on.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:40 PM   #17

Name: Reed & Karen
Trailer: Oliver
California
We will be there with our 2010 Liberty Deluxe.
Karen and Reed Lukens
fr2bhpyATgmail.com
Old 10-12-2015, 12:14 AM   #18

Name: Paula
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2015 18.5
California
Registry
This gathering is on my list of things to do. Hope to see you all in early Feb. I usually show up mid Jan and leave by the end of the month but this next year I will be there!
Paula from the Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas, CA.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #19

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Thanks to Earl A we have designed and he is in production of the official 2016 Quartzsite Gathering commemorative button. These will be provided to the first 200 registrants at the Host Trailer (Limit 2 per Trailer). The photo is a special archive photo taken at the original 2008 Quartzsite Gathering that had 21 trailers in attendance, including your new Wagon Masters and the Quartzsite Kids. We look forward to seeing everyone there that can make it this year! Be one of the first kids on your block to have this great Quartzsite Gathering keepsake!
Attached Thumbnails
official-button.png  
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:44 PM   #20

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape
California
Registry
Sounds like fun. We have penciled it into our schedule for February. We are new to Scamping (got new Scamp 16 this April) and have not been to a gathering yet.
DougOlson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp