BC BC Glass Egg Rally May 26-29, 2016 Fort Langley BC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #1

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
BC Glass Egg Rally May 26-29, 2016 Fort Langley BC

This year's BC Glass Eggs rally will be held May 26 -29, 2016

Place: Fort Langley Campground on Brie Island. Reservations are now open, they are holding our spots in the Kingfisher and Beaver loops until March 31, 2016 and you can come in as early as the 25th if you wish. Please make your reservation & payment directly with the campground

Please note this year there will be a $5.00 fee per trailer, payable to the Wagon Master to cover some of the meet expenses. Donations will be gratefully received this year for door prizes.

Schedule:
Friday: Tapas night - 7:00 pm - please bring finger food and beverage of choice.
Saturday: Open house - 10 am to 1 pm
Games - 2 pm to 4 pm? Behind site #2
Potluck - 6:15 pm Behind site #2

If anyone has extra tables, please bring them for the potluck.

Dogs are very welcome but must be on a leash at all times at the campground.

I look forward to see old friends and meet new ones this year, making 2016 the best year yet.
Marina Bromba - Wagonmaster
Reservations | Fort Langley Camping RV and Campground
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Same dates as the Escape Rally in Osoyoos.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:40 AM   #3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Same dates as the Escape Rally in Osoyoos.
Yup thats unfortunate. Suspect the meet organizer realizes it as well but unfortunately there are only so many week-ends available and so many different meets to try and avoid conflict with
Old 01-15-2016, 01:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Sorry about that but we've been using the last weekend of May so as not to land on the same weekend as Escape Trailers rally but they seem to have changed theirs the last couple of years. :-(. I will check with Reece next year so we can make sure the dates don't collide. Marina

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 01-21-2016, 08:21 PM   #5

Name: Fred
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Hello from Texas! We would like to sign up for this rally, but want to make sure we are assigned in the Kingfisher or Beaver Loops. Should I call and speak with a live person, rather than sign up online?

Thanks

Fred M.
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:36 PM   #6

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinab View Post
Sorry about that but we've been using the last weekend of May so as not to land on the same weekend as Escape Trailers rally but they seem to have changed theirs the last couple of years. :-(. I will check with Reece next year so we can make sure the dates don't collide. Marina

Yes, Escape changed theirs last year because they had a high school graduate in the family.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:09 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Hello from Texas! We would like to sign up for this rally, but want to make sure we are assigned in the Kingfisher or Beaver Loops. Should I call and speak with a live person, rather than sign up online?

Thanks

Fred M.
Fred, the campground is holding those loops for a time for only those attending the meet so if you sign up fast you will get one. Just MAKE SURE in the notes section on the internet reservation that you say your attending the BC Glass Eggs Trailer meet and wish to be in the Kingfisher loop.

The meet has been held at this campground many times so the staff will work to keep the group together.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:14 PM   #8

Texas
Thanks Carol

Red Dog
Old 01-21-2016, 09:32 PM   #9

Texas
Can someone please confirm that the only way to attend the Escape Rally is to be a current owner?

Red Dog
Old 01-21-2016, 09:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Can someone please confirm that the only way to attend the Escape Rally is to be a current owner?

Red Dog
Nope. Not necessary to be an owner. I seem to recall a Biggar a few years ago. And a Shasta restoration.

Marinab

Name: Marina Trailer: 1978 Biggar / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
British Columbia
Registry
Old 01-21-2016, 10:05 PM   #11

Texas
Thanks Glenn!
Old 01-21-2016, 10:22 PM   #12

You can join the clan.
Attached Thumbnails
W Lone star.jpg  
Old 01-22-2016, 01:06 AM   #13

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathi View Post
Yes, Escape changed theirs last year because they had a high school graduate in the family.
Yes, it was Erin's grad, and Tammy had said something to the effect that arrangements with Nk'Mip worked better for this weekend.

It is too bad, but there are only so many weekends to camp in Canada, and chances of conflict are pretty good. The only one of these BC Glass Egg rallies I was able to make it to was at Fort Langley in 2009, but it was scheduled a few weeks earlier in May that year. I had good fun there.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:14 AM   #14

Should keep in mind that many attendees to the Escape Rally arrive days early and stay days late, and I expect the same happens at the Glass Eggs rally, so it might be possible to sort of do both.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:16 AM   #15

Name: Suvi
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
BC Egg Rally

Hi all,

Is this primarily Boler owners at this rally? I have a SUPER old Boler I inherited from my grandpa (#49, to be exact) and wouldn't mind getting a few people who have experience with this exact trailer to give me some pointers on next priorities for work. I've not done too much so far. That weekend is iffy for me, but I might be able to shuffle some things around.

Suvi
sooveroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:54 PM   #16

Registry
Hi sooveroo, this rally is open to all makes and models of molded fiberglass. You need to call the Ft Langley
Campground to make a reservation in the Kingfisher or Beaver loops. Let them know you are with the
BC Glass Egg group. Everyone will be excited to see an older Boler.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:00 PM   #17

Registry
Glen, I was grandfathered into the Escape Rally because half of my Biggar is Escape parts. Lol
I haven't gone for a couple of years now as it is an appreciation rally from Escape trailers to
their customers. That being said, I don't think they would mind if other trailers show up, maybe
just let them know ahead of time.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:37 AM   #18

British Columbia
Sounds good! I'll call them on Monday. Hopefully there is still a spot for me. In Vancouver, so I don't have to travel far, which is nice As for my Boler, it's a flat top, #49 off the line in 1968 - inherited from my gramps. I haven't done a whole bunch to it, just made it liveable, so am always looking for people with more technical skills to help me figure out how to prioritize tasks! Cosmetics I can do, but the rest of it, I always need any advice I can get

Suvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinab View Post
Hi sooveroo, this rally is open to all makes and models of molded fiberglass. You need to call the Ft Langley
Campground to make a reservation in the Kingfisher or Beaver loops. Let them know you are with the
BC Glass Egg group. Everyone will be excited to see an older Boler.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:52 PM   #19

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooveroo View Post
Sounds good! I'll call them on Monday. Hopefully there is still a spot for me. In Vancouver, so I don't have to travel far, which is nice As for my Boler, it's a flat top, #49 off the line in 1968 - inherited from my gramps. I haven't done a whole bunch to it, just made it liveable, so am always looking for people with more technical skills to help me figure out how to prioritize tasks! Cosmetics I can do, but the rest of it, I always need any advice I can get

Suvi
Suvi, it would be great to see you & your pup again!

And yes lots of Bolers attend the BC Rally more of them than any other brand of trailer.

Carol
Old 03-12-2016, 11:27 PM   #20

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Suvi, it would be great to see you & your pup again!

And yes lots of Bolers attend the BC Rally more of them than any other brand of trailer.

Carol
Alas, Carol, my sweet Stevie girl didn't make it to see another camping season. Getting around just got too tough for the old girl and I had to say goodbye. Heartbroken and truly not sure what it will be like to camp without my faithful buddy! I might have to borrow a furry friend to bring along

Tags
rally