Bear Valley Springs Rally 11-13 August 2006 - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-27-2006, 09:59 PM   #81

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks for showing us the dutch oven method. I'll talk to Laura about it when she gets home. We'll be fishing, sailing, feeding ducks and chasing bunnies most of the day but maybe we can watch while the kids are napping.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:58 PM   #82

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Mike and Lori, we are interested in the class!

Gina is fibbing, I've eaten her cooking and lived to tell about it.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:35 PM   #83

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:

Gina is fibbing, I've eaten her cooking and lived to tell about it.
Glad to have you. Got ya on the list.

Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:22 PM   #84

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Quote:
Lizbeth,

When we figure out who is going to participate, I'll send you a recipe and ingredient list. I can't remember, do you have a dutch oven, or do you need to borrow one?

Lori
Lori Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:23 AM   #85

Registry
Lori, I have a 12" camp stove that I've never used. I guess I should get it out and clean it!

Thanks for putting this together!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:30 PM   #86

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Lizbeth,

Is it already pre-seasoned? If not, wash out and dry. Heat to 350-400 in the oven. Wipe with vegetable oil. When it cools, wipe all the excess oil out.

Lori
Lori Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:52 PM   #87

Registry
Lori, it was seasoned when I got it but it's quite dusty and a bit sticky. I think I thinkI should wash it and reseason it...is that the proper thing to do?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #88

Howdy,

Here are the driving directions for the BVS rally.

Take exit 148 off of highway 58. If you are coming from the North (Bakersfield) this will be the first Tehachapi exit. If you are coming from the South (Mojave) this will be the third (and last) Tehachapi exit.

The exit ramp will put you on Tucker Ave, stay on this road about a mile.

Turn right at the 2nd traffic light, this is Valley Blvd/State Route 202. This traffic light is adjacent to Albertsons, there is only a small country store in BVS so you should stop at Albertsons or Save Mart if you need any vittles.

Stay on Valley Blvd/State Route 202 for approximately 6.7 miles.

Turn right at the signs for Stallion Springs and BVS, this is Cummings Valley Road.

Turn right at the stop sign, this is Bear Valley Road.

Go up the hill and at the gate tell them your name, they will give you a gate pass.

Stay on Bear Valley Blvd and drive approximately 2 miles. The signs for the Equestrian Center will be obvious. If you pass the gas station then you've gone a hundred yards too far.

Turn left into the Equestrian Center.

The road for the campground snakes between the barn on the left and the barn straight ahead. Drive slowly between the barns, the campground is approx 100 yards at the end of the road.

The Equestrian Center address is:
26800 Bear Valley Road
Tehachapi Ca 93561

This mapquest link shows the route

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.ad...mp;2ex=&2n=

When you get to the campground, pick a spot and get comfy. I have reserved all sites except for 4, 13, 15, 16 and 17; these sites are all without good shade.

Please save site number 5 for Chuck H. I'd like to save sites 19-21 for families so our noise won't disturb others. Try to save the really shady spots for those without AC and generators in case it gets hot. I'll bring the campsite registration forms for you to hang on your trailer.

I will be at the campsite Thursday evening and I can be reached at:
Home 661-821-0463
Cell 661-433-9842
Work 661-275-9587

See ya soon,
Thane Lundberg
Old 08-02-2006, 03:18 PM   #89

If you would like to go on a trail ride the rates are $25 for one hour and $44 for two hours. As I understand horse rental rates, these are really good.

We need to make reservations for the trail rides, if you would like to go then please let me know the day, time and number of riders that would like to participate. Any level of expertise is welcome. Early morning or late afternoon is best.

I was successful in advertising our open house, it will be from 10-12 on Saturday morning.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #90

Registry
Well we've hit a snag. Eric's work signed him up for a class "next" weekend which turned out to be the 12th not the 5th as Eric though it would be. He says he can commute the 320 mile RT drive to the class on Sat., I think not. I'm really angry but I'm not sure at who....

I'm not sure what we are going to do, I hope we don't have to cancel. *sigh* If we had a reliable TV I could try to come by myself but we don't.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:56 AM   #91

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Well we've hit a snag. Eric's work signed him up for a class "next" weekend which turned out to be the 12th not the 5th as Eric though it would be. He says he can commute the 320 mile RT drive to the class on Sat., I think not. I'm really angry but I'm not sure at who....

I'm not sure what we are going to do, I hope we don't have to cancel. *sigh* If we had a reliable TV I could try to come by myself but we don't.
Oh, say it isn’t so.

Lori and I are really looking forward to playing ‘Dutch Oven’ with y’all.

Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:38 AM   #92

Registry
Mike we are working on ideas. This whole thing makes me very cranky.

We migh come up Thursday afternoon or Friday morning ( he can take Fri. off since he's "working" Sat. ) and the Eric will drive all that way to class and back Sat. It's not a good set up but it's sounding better than not coming at all. Eric and I will discuss it tonight now that I'm feeling more civil about the whole misunderstanding.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:05 PM   #93

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Thane

We are wondering if bringing bikes is a good idea.. any good level places to ride?
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:06 PM   #94

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
There's agood idear...

My children go flippy at horses, so I am leaving them home. A bike can now be brought! Woo Hoo!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:08 PM   #95

There are some level areas to ride, lots of small grades, a few killer hills and a 3,000 foot climb up Bear Mountain for punishment.

A bike would be fun, I know a few bikers but they are in it for the pain, not so much the fun.

They easiest place to ride would be about a mile from the campground; a loop road with places to explore awaits.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:26 PM   #96

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Thanks Thane

Jim and I will bring our bikes .. Maybe there will be others ... We aren't in for long, hilly rides. Just a nice bike ride. The loop road sounds interesting...

Gina: I hope you will bring your bike too.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:12 PM   #97

Send a message via AIM to Ken&Chris
Quote:
Lizbeth,

When we figure out who is going to participate, I'll send you a recipe and ingredient list. I can't remember, do you have a dutch oven, or do you need to borrow one?

Lori
Hi, Lori, I received my Lodge Dutch Oven. It is an 8 qt, 12", 5" deep, pre-seasoned camp oven. I will eagerly await my recipe and list of ingredients. Thank you, Chris (Hildner1@aol.com)
Ken&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #98

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
I have a couple of questions for a few people:

Thane,
Do you have a schedule of the planned events other than the open house? (dutch cooking, plans for the clubhouse, meals, etc).?

Lori,
Priscilla has the following: 8", 10" dutch oven, 10" skillet, stand and lifter. She would like to know what to bring etc.

Ted
Ted Tuchsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:31 PM   #99

Friday is the flight test center tour, we'll leave after everyone has had breakfast and come home in the early afternoon.

The Saturday open house is 10:00 to 12:00, the article I wrote for the paper is below.

I don't know what time the dutch oven cooking starts, we'll find out.

Saturday night we'll bar-b-que at the clubhouse, I'll provide the oak wood. Just bring what ever you wopuld like to cook. There is a small kitchen at the clubhouse. The clubhouse is open 24 hours a day and we are free to use it as we see fit. There is a large fireplace and I'll supply the wood.

The campgorund has two nice gas bar-b-ques for cooking.

On Saturday I am taking the kids sailing and fishing, maybe some folks will want to go for a trail ride.

On Sunday morning we can go to the shooting range, I think one other has shown interest in that.

Otherwise it is pretty much a slow weekend. There are some nice little shops in Tehachapi and lots of hiking trails in BVS. If anyone wants to play golf or tennis just bring your gear.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #100

Send a message via AIM to Ken&Chris
Saturday night we'll bar-b-que at the clubhouse, I'll provide the oak wood. Just bring what ever you would like to cook.

I am bringing 3 tri-tip roasts that I hope to cook on the bar-b-que. Anyone interested may have some for as long as they last. Ken & Chris
Ken&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote