Bear Valley Springs Rally 11-13 August 2006 - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #101

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks for the Tri-tip offer, we'll probably roast one as well. I checked out the clubhouse today, the AC is a bit noisy but works, it'll be nice and cool if it gets hot outside. The patio has a great breeze and lots of shade.

There is a dish washer so we'll load it up after dinner and let it do the work for us. There is a range and microwave and normal refrigerator. The fire place is very large for the pyros amonst us.

If you have a favorite game or book, bring it along.

If you really need electric hookups for medical equipment or whatever, I may be able to get you a spot in a nearby campground, it has little shade so you'll need AC if you plan on sitting inside the trailer. The other campground is about 100 yards away by trail.

Nights are nice and cool with lw humidity, in the 60s and 30% or so, and the campground is quiet so AC at night is not necessary.

See you all soon.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:30 PM   #102

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
At this point, it is Lori, Chris, and Pricilla (and hopefully, Lora and Lizbeth) dutch oven cooking Saturday afternoon. We can start about 3:30 for dinner at 6:00. If you want dinner earlier, we can start earlier. We'll bring our fixin's to the potluck.

Our menu will include at least Lasagna, Chicken Cordon Blu, Bread Pudding, Sourdough Bread.

Anyone else want to join us?

Lori
Lori Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #103

Oops, I reported the temps wrong.

We leave the windows open at night and the house gets to the low 60s, outside air temperatures get down to the high 40s, low 50s. At 6:45 this morning the outside air temperature was about 50. The winds are calm so it isn't cold for us though you should bring a light jacket.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:38 PM   #104

Here is the guest pass list that I will provide to the front gate, let me know if I have your dates wrong. There are couple folks whao aren't sure if they can make it, they are not shown here but will be added later as their schedule firms up. See you soon.

Mike Sanders 10 - 14 August
Jim Upton 10 - 14 August
Chuck Hajek 10 - 14 August
Rus Rudy 10 - 14 August
Ted Tuchsen 10 - 14 August
Lou Edwards 10 - 14 August
Ken Hildner 10 - 14 August

Gina Di Vincenzo 11 - 13 August
Mike Taylor 11 - 13 August
Eric Rasmussen 11 - 13 August
Old 08-08-2006, 10:40 PM   #105

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
We have to cancel coming. The class that Eric is signed up for is not available any other time. It's just too far of a drive for him to do on Sat to make his class. I am really disappointed.

Lori I'm sorry about not being able to make your class, I was really looking forward to it.

Everyone take lots of pictures!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #106

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Casita Liberty
Send a message via AIM to Maggi Rudy
Hey Lori, I have been slow in reading the updates for the trip. Count on me for the Dutch Oven Doo! That is if we have the ovens here and not at the desert house. I will have to let you know tomorrow. (Wes just said he thinks they are in the desert) That is the problem with having two houses!

We won't be able to leave Sonora until about 4pm. A doctors appt has messed up our early leaving. That will put us in about 10PM. I hope we can still get in the gate that late, can we Thane?

Looking forward to the trip. We haven't been out in our Casita for a trip since Cambria.

See you soon!

Maggi
Maggi Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:01 AM   #107

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Lizbeth - I'm sorry you and Eric aren't going to make it, and certainly understand. Work has often fouled up trips for us . I'm available to do DO classes or coaching at future rallys.
We'll meet up again soon.

Maggi - Glad to have you join the fun. Let me know if I need to bring you a DO to borrow. Do you want a recipe?

Lori
Lori Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:41 AM   #108

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Lori

How about a Dutch Oven session at Lake Casitas? Liz and Eric will be there too.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:04 AM   #109

The gate is open 24 hours so a late arrival is OK.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #110

Here is a little information for you.

Potable water is available at the campground. You can fill your water tank from one of the water spigots before parking your trailer.

I will be arriving after work on Thursday, around 6:30 PM. If you have problems or questions call me at my office 661-275-9511. After 5:00 PM you can call me on my cell phone 661-433-9842.

I will leave an information packet on the gazebo counter, there will be maps and some information about the area.

If you don't want to cook, the Mulligan Room at the golf course serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The information packet will have a map showing the location.

I'll provide the campground paperwork, just pick out a spot and have fun. Please save campsite 5 for Chuck H.

There will probably be a team roping group at the equestrian center, feel free to go over and root for either the humans or the cows as you see fit.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #111

Oh heck, I forgot the bad news. Since we didn't fill up the campground, I am going to hit you all up for $5 per site to cover the total expenses, that'll pretty much let me break even. Sorry about that.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:42 PM   #112

Hi Thane

Don't feel bad, we think you have provided us with a great rally. If there is any additional cost, please let us know... and we'll have the $5.00 when we see you....

Carol and Jim
Old 08-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #113

Send a message via AIM to Ken&Chris
Thanks for all the great work you have put into this Rally. I will be happy to cover any added expences. Ken Hildner
Ken&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:28 PM   #114

Trailer: 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck-H
Hi Thane,
We'll see you Thursday nite with the $5.00. If more is needed, pl4ease ask!
Thanks for saving #5, it'll be a big help!
And thanks for hosting, we're really looking forward to meeting you, Carol n Jim and all the others. This will be our 1st and it will be fun to put faces with the posts!
Chuck H
Chuck-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #115

Hi Chuck and Nancie

We'll see you for sure .. we know where you will be ... #5....
Old 08-12-2006, 10:02 PM   #116

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
As a wise man from Monte Python once said..

"I can not eat another bite"

I got to inspect the dutch ovens.. yum yum!!! What great food!

I am gonna be up all nite from the spicy pork, but I don't care!

Loris bread was like cake ..

There were so many yummy dishes!

Oh geez... where's my alka seltser???
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #117

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Oh man, I blew my diet. Man was that food so good.

Lori’s Sour Dough Bread Pudding was oh so good.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 04:31 PM   #118

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
I had a good time at the rally. Just got home about 2:30pm and all is secured. Thanks to Thane for setting this up and to all the fine dutch oven cooks, that was a good feast Saturday night. Mike
Attached Thumbnails
tehacapi2006_014.jpg  
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #119

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I just got home. Waited to drive across the desert until it got a bit cooler.

Stayed for the cow dancing contest (Really! There were people on horses making cows do a shuffle) The cows were all dressed up in thier party best blue.

I actually forgot what the competition was called. You had teams of two horsey folks herding #ed cows in numerical order from one corral to another. It looked a bit like playing pool with cows.

Got to meet a new member, Chuck H and wife.. and cute little dogs.

A good time was had by all.. except for maybe the cows.

Thanks Thane!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:30 AM   #120

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Thank You, Thane, for all your effort in making this a great weekend. I am so glad we went and got to see Tahachapi and Bear Valley.

Mike & Gina, thanks for showing me all your lighting mods. They are definately a good thing.

This morning I said to “Buddy”, “Where’s Gina?” and he ran all over the house and came back all excited and perplexed. (I’m bad )

Boy it was fun seeing everyone again. Lou you are doing so well, good for you.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote