Cambria, CA Rally - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #81

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs down

Quote:
The check will be sent out in tomorrow morning's mail.

Fred & Robert will be there Friday & Saturday nights plus 2 Dinners on Saturday
We will be [b]3 for the weekend. I bragged to my friends about how much fun we have and Greg wants to come too!

Frederick Simson
Robert Zelmer
Greg Wright

I am sending another check for an additional (regular) Saturday Dinner. I gotta finish my mod which will convert the Odyssey into a 2nd bedroom.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:31 PM   #82

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Lets see...

3-5 trailers starting in Orange county at 9 am, trekking thru LA and headed up the coast.

I don't think you have to worry about early arrivals We're lucky if we make it by dinner time!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #83

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
We'll let Fred lead the train, I seem to remember something about him having a heavy foot. And no stopping to go to the bathroom.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #84

Registry
Quote:
I seem to remember something about him having a heavy foot.

He has speed issues. You know it's bad when a 4 banger tugging a full load can pass him on the uphill and thier wake will make him sway.

Of course, I would never do that.....
Old 05-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #85

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I'm not sure what we are going to tug with.....if we use the Blazer you will have to push us up the Camarillo grade.

We did buy that Jeep but it needs a few things done to it, dunno if it will be ready to go or not........Eric has gone fishing for this weekend.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:19 PM   #86

Registry
Talking

Quote:
He has speed issues.
I have wallet issues. 15 miles per gallon @ 55 miles per hour versus 11 miles per gallon @ 70 miles per hour.

Name:   post_4899_1146849167_thumb.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  3.6 KB

However, the trip home from Bisbee, AZ that Mapquest reported should take 8 hours actually took [b]11 hours @ 55 miles per hour.
I worked overtime today, so I can afford the gas. And the Odyssey has no problem tugging faster...
Quote:
And no stopping to go to the bathroom.
Robert has a porta-potty in the Odyssey.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #87

Registry

Robert and I will be doing rest stop inspections. It's an important part of reporting camp trips.

Robert, you ride with me!!!! Fred can catch up to us. We can stop 3 times, and have a picnic or two before he does.

We should let the slowest go first, that way no one gets left in the dust. I did that grade without problems, I would think your truck would run circles around mine Lizbeth.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:58 AM   #88

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980
Mike
Can you post the address of where the event is so I can map quest directions once I get to Cambria. Thanks.
Ron
Ron Wrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #89

Registry
Talking

Quote:
Mike
Can you post the address of where the event is so I can map quest directions once I get to Cambria. Thanks.
Ron
Ocean Pines
1473 Randall Dr
Cambria, CA 93428-5617

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ocean_Pines.png
Views:	73
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	2850

[b]From Highway-1 northbound:

Turn left onto Ardath Dr and go Southwest for 1.3 miles to Benson Av
1.3 mi

Turn left onto Benson Av and go Southeast for 280 feet to St. Thomas Av
0.1 mi

Bear right onto St. Thomas Av and go South for 500 feet to St. James Rd
0.1 mi

Bear left onto St. James Rd and go Southeast for 0.34 miles to Randall Dr
0.3 mi

Bear left onto Randall Dr and go East for 90 feet to 1473 Randall Dr,Cambria,CA
< 0.1 mi

You are at 1473 Randall Dr,Cambria,CA. Turn Right into the driveway at the sign for [b]Ocean Pines.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:52 AM   #90

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake

Thanks Frederick.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:30 PM   #91

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Here is the post that Mike and Lori did for last years rally at Cambria. I believe everything should be the same.

I hope this helps but Mike or Lori, please feel free to edit and change this information.
================================================== ===

Camp Ocean Pines is not your typical campground. It is a non-profit organization that primarily provides outdoor camping experiences for schools and other groups. They hold special events during the year, such as a working conference for sculptors from all of the west. The Camp is Lori’s customer and the Bank she works for has been a sponsor of the Camp for years. They are looking forward to making our visit a great one.

The Camp will make an exception for us to their no-pet policy. There are deer living in camp, with several fawns born this spring. All the dogs must be kept on leashes and be picked up after.

The Camp is a non-smoking facility. If any of you smoke, you will need to keep it in your trailer.

………………..

Arrival Time:

We can arrive any time after 1:00 pm on Friday, May 19th. Mike and Lori will be there about 1:00.

Departure Time:

For those of you who want to stay over Sunday Night, we must be out of Camp by 7:30 am Monday morning. There are three bus loads of school children arriving early that morning for a week in Camp and we need to be out before the buses start pulling in, which is at 8:00 am.

Ocean Pines is located at 1473 Randall Drive, corner of Randall Drive and St. James Road in Cambria, CA.

From the South:
Take Highway 101 N. to Highway 1 (Morro Bay exit) in San Luis Obispo – You will pass the towns of Morro Bay, Cayucas and Harmony. Pass Highway 46 (goes over the mountain to Paso Robles) on the right. Remain on Highway 1.Go 4 miles to Ardath Dr. (first light). Turn left.

Follow Ardath Dr. (at the yellow sign indicating a Y in the road, stay to the left) until it ends at Randall Dr. Go left approximately 300 yards; the entrance to the camp is clearly marked by a sign on the right at the corner of Randall Dr. and St. James Rd. Take the dirt drive way uphill until you see the lodge on your right. We will be camping on the left.

From the east and/or north:

Take Highway 41 (from Fresno) or Highway 46 (from Bakersfield) east to Highway 101 in Paso Robles.

Take Highway 101 South, just south of Paso Robles, take Highway 46 West (29 miles), to Highway 1, turn right (North). Go 4 miles to Ardath Dr. (first light). Turn left, then as above.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:03 AM   #92

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Thanks, Carol, for posting this information.

We may not have to check out Monday morning as early as last year. I'll know tomorrow.

Lori
Lori Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:09 AM   #93

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Send a message via AIM to Slocamper
I realize that it is dry camping but since it is also a camp for kids do they have a shower room and restrooms? Just curious. Thanks,
Slocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:23 AM   #94

Jim,

Yes, there are showers and restrooms available. There just aren't hook ups for individual trailers.

Are you planning on attending with your family?

Lori
Old 05-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #95

I talked to Camp Ocean Pines this morning. We can start arriving any time after 1pm on Friday afternoon and we all need to be out by 9am on Monday morning.

I understand the Camp cook has an awesome Salmon recipe that they would like to prepare for our dinner. Barbequed chicken would be the alternative. How many of you would like to try the salmon?

Also, let me know if you are interested in a wine tasting tour, a Hearst Castle tour, and/or a trip to the Morro Bay Natural History Museum.

Lori
Old 05-10-2006, 10:55 AM   #96

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Send a message via AIM to Slocamper
Yes, My wife Ellen and I are hoping to go. I am sorry I am so late but I should know by tonight or tomorrow if it isn't too late. We have had too many things going on lately and have needed to wait to see if we can go for sure. Is it too late? If not what is the best procedure at this late date?

Thanks,
Jim
Slocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:39 AM   #97

Jim,

No it's not too late. There is plenty of room. We have 21 trailers signed up, which is a really good sized group. Should be lots of fun.

Just email me as soon as you decide to come and send your check to Mike at PO Box 844, Atascadero, CA 93422.

Lori
Old 05-10-2006, 11:50 AM   #98

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Lori

Salmon for Jim

I'll have the BBQ chicken.

Thanks, Carol
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #99

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980
Salmon X 2
Ron Wrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:47 PM   #100

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Salmon sounds good for me. I'll be arriving early Friday afternoon. Want to check the Farmers Market downtown this year.
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote