Cambria, CA Rally - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #101

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Two chicken and one salmon dinner please.

Thanks for putting this together.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:41 PM   #102

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Hi Lori

we will have the salmon also.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #103

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Hi Lori,

Chicken for me, thanks.

Fred, Robert, thier friend and I are interested in Hearst Castle. Anyone else?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #104

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Fred, Robert, thier friend and I are interested in Hearst Castle. Anyone else?
Thank you, Gina
Robert and Greg would like the Chicken. I'll have the Salmon.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #105

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Salmon X 2

For Hearst Castle would it be tour #1? We've never been before and that's the one recommended for first time visitors. It would be fun to go as a group. The Morro Bay Natural History Museum sounds interesting too. So many interesting things to do, so little time.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #106

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
For Hearst Castle would it be tour #1? We've never been before and that's the one recommended for first time visitors.
Robert & I have been on tour #4. We just showed up once, and found out that tour #1 often sells out through reservations, but sometimes cancellations make it available at the last minute. [b]I had forgotten about that.

Lori: please let me know if you need advance money for reservations.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:36 PM   #107

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Some friends may come along in a rental Casita, but there is no bathroom on-board. Will a restroom be available near the camping area?
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:44 PM   #108

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Jim,
Yes, there are showers and restrooms available. There just aren't hook ups for individual trailers.
Are you planning on attending with your family?
Lori
Yes, there are.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:04 PM   #109

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
I'll call my friend at Hearst Castle and see if I can get a block of reservations for Tour #1 on Saturday AM on May 20th.
Lori Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:05 AM   #110

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Send a message via AIM to Slocamper
Lori,
I am putting a check in the mail today for $59.00 for Fri, Sat nights and for the dinner for my wife and I. If that is not correct let me know.
Thanks,
Jim & Ellen Kramme
Slocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:21 AM   #111

Ellen just reminded me that she wants me to get the trailer hitch mirrors out of our den so if anyone wants one I can bring some with me. This way you would save the $10.00 shipping.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #112

Quote:
Lori,
I am putting a check in the mail today for $59.00 for Fri, Sat nights and for the dinner for my wife and I. If that is not correct let me know.
Thanks,
Jim & Ellen Kramme
Great, glad you are coming.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:16 AM   #113

The weather has been great. It is going to be beautiful.

Normally there is a little fog in the morning that burns off around 10 am. Not thick fog, just 1 mile visibility. It is staying light ’til about 8pm.

See y’all in 4 days.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:29 AM   #114

Registry
Quote:
See y’all in 4 days.

We are feverishly working on the trailer and TV. They may not be too pretty but will be up and running by Thursday night.

Right now we are trying to fabricate a back window lock...might be a good idea for that window to stay closed on the road to keep our bed clean! One of the several things to check off the list before take off!

I'm getting excited!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:44 PM   #115

Registry
Run a BIG old stenshun cord out there. I wasn't able to finish mine up this weekend as hoped

We BOTH may be making noise for the nieghbors to complain about.

Have to do it on the fly!

I wish my solar panel would get here.. *Taps foot repeatedly*
Old 05-18-2006, 12:13 PM   #116

This subject has sure gotten quiet. Has everyone left for Cambria already? How many trailers are going so far?
Old 05-18-2006, 12:30 PM   #117

Registry
Well, MY trailer is in my work parking lot, right out front for all to see. It is taking up 3 spaces and is the subject of much snickering and curiousity.

"Can you change your mind without turning around in that little thing?" "I would like a dozen free range eggs, please" "Look! It's Fender colors!" (Well, it is, but I didn't plan it that way).

So, technically, I am already on the road!
Old 05-18-2006, 01:03 PM   #118

Registry
I'm getting ready! This is our first trip in the Boler so I'm trying not to forget anything. We will be leaving in the morning, caravaning with Gina, and Fred and Co.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:30 PM   #119

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
OK, all you Cambria-bound folks,
Ann and I are jealous! Since Ann doesn't retire until the end of the month and we are pinching gas money dollars, the best we can do is attend vicariously through your comments. We would like to put faces to the names we've encountered on the FGRV Forum. Maybe next year we'll get to join you.
This season, after Huck Finn, we'll be traveling to La Grange, possibly to Atascadero, then the Seattle area, Colfax/Spokane in South/ East Washington visit relatives, over to Idaho to see friends and then to my son's in Stevensville, Montana. From there we would like to see friend's new home in Tennessee, then Virginia and up the Eastern seaboard to Philadephia & points North to enjoy the fall colors. The cost of gasoline is going to be the limiting factor on the extent of the travels. Dreams are inexpensive until one actually attempts to bring them to fruition!

Is anyone planning on attending the Huck Finn Jubilee in Victorville at the Mojave Narrows Campground? It's over the Father's Day week-end in the middle of June. Don't come unless you enjoy an entire week-end of Bluegrass music. Square and Line dancing in the evenings have a devoted following. Lots of things for the kids to enjoy, but I'd suggest grubbies for the kids to wear while painting a fence, bulding bird houses, constructing a log cabin and other "crafty" activities. Many booths cater to those who need (or just desire) musical instruments, sheet music, CD's, a big selection of all styles of hats, western style "duds" for the gals and a myriad of other items too lengthy to list. A good selection of food types is also offered. And did I mention around-the-clock Bluegrass jam sessions? You just haven't heard anything 'til they get going on some of the old gospel songs. Y'all ain't heard nuthin' 'til they git goin' on "the Old Rugged Cross" or the Church-in-the Wildwood"! You can even exercise your vocal chords on Sunday morning during the outdoors church service. Mel and Pam Tillis will probably provide the closing festivities on Sunday. Laurie Lewis and her group and a whole bunch of others will perform on the main stage during the week-end. Check it out online, look up Huck Finn Jubilee. Boon-Dock camping and entertainment for all tastes as long as you enjoy Bluegrass and country western. There is usually even a car show during the week-end.
Enough (probably way too much) already!

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:47 PM   #120

Registry
Kurt you'll be glad to know that when I talked to my mom in Missouri on Saturday she was horrified to have to pay $2.56/gal for gas.

Myself and three girlfriend are taking a 9 day roadtrip to Michigan and back the end of July to meet a friend we have known online for 7 years. We are not looking forward for paying for the gas....but what's the option?....staying home and not going. I'm going to go while my health still allows!

I wish you and Ann could join us in Cambria we will miss you!