TX Dec. 1-3, Matagorda Madness 2011 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 21
Texas
Dec. 1-3, Matagorda Madness 2011

Matagorda Madness 2011 December 1-3

If you would like to join us in Matagorda this year we suggest you get your reservations. As you may or may not know the LCRA Matagorda Nature Center and RV Park is a State run facility and you will have to make your own reservations. We would like for everyone that intends on attending this year to get your reservations now so that we can fill up the park with FGRV's before anyone else can get their hands on our gathering dates.

Please see the Matagorda Madness website for the 2011 dates and information.

Thanks,
Matagorda Madness
Hosts & Hostesses
Steve Nussenblatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 Scamp

We currently have 44 registered FGRV's on our website. The Matagorda Bay LCRA RV Park has 70 sites, they hold 10 for full time/long term campers and 2 for park hosts which only leaves 58 total available to the public for our gathering. We just got off the phone with the TPWD parks reservation person and she has informed us that there are 12 general and 7 preferred camping spots available for our gathering dates. The math doesn't add up! If we have 44 registered(which have supposed to already have their reservations) and there are 19 available spots that adds up to 61. It seems that there could be 3 of the those that have registered with us have not made their own reservations. Please remember that registering with us on our website does not guarantee you a campsite, you have to call TPWD and make your own reservations.

This post is also meant to remind those that may want to attend this years Matagorda Madness to get your reservations now so that we can fill the park before others grab our dates. We are only 12 weeks away from the Madness!

For Matagorda Madness information click HERE .
Attached Thumbnails
2010-12-02_07-14-20_317.jpg  
McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #3

We are less than 2 months away from the 2011 Matagorda Madness so it is time to begin planning your madness experience! The LCRA Matagorda Bay Nature Park has supported our gathering for many years and they have been an outstanding partner. They have planned some outstanding courses and events for your enjoyment and we hope that you will take advantage of them. The Natural Science Center needs us to preregister for their offerings so that they can provide appropriate staffing. There are minimum and maximum participant numbers that have to be met on each offering which is noted on the LCRA course offering document.

Lisa Rynearson has volunteered to order and provide us with 2011 Matagorda Madness t-shirts this year that features Verna Kropp's excellent art work specially designed for our gathering. They will be printed on white t-shirts and the cost will be $10 for S-XL and $12 for XXL-XXXXL. You will need to complete your order for a t-shirt no later than November 9th.

Right now it seems that their are seven spaces available for our gathering, so please let us know as soon as you can if you have to cancel so that we may be able to pass on the information to others that might want to attend if the park fills to capacity.

Please read the LCRA course offering document and our agenda before registering.

Please take the time to fill out our agenda/course/program registration at your soonest convenience, if you have already registered to attend.

Those of you that volunteered your time and offered to bring supplies we surely appreciate it! We will be getting with you in the coming weeks to update you when and where we will need your assistance and what supplies we will need you to bring.

Sincere thanks,
Matagorda Madness
Attached Thumbnails
Verna MM 2011 lettering r3.jpg  
Old 11-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #4

Today we are 1 month away from the Madness and if you would like to order Matagorda Madness 2011 t-shirts you only have 1 week left to do so.

Also please take the time to register for the great courses and adventures that the Nature Center has setup for us. Our goal is to have each trailer register for at least one course. We are currently in jeopardy of not making the minimum participation for some of the courses. Here are the LCRA Course Offering, T-Shirt order registration links.

Thanks,
Matagorda Madness
Hosts & Hostesses
Old 12-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #5

Greetings,

I would love to give a special shout out to the Scamp Yahoo Group members Eileen and Jay for trekking all the way from Renton, WA and joining us on the Gulf Coast at Matagorda.

Jeanette and I are home safe today from Matagorda Madness and we sure hope everyone had safe travels home or to their next destination.

Because of the many folks that helped with their time and provided supplies Matagorda Madness 2011 was a great success. Of course the weather cooperated nicely and held to the historic averages and ranks as one of the better years with many great sunrise and sunsets. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will have time to not only write a post report but also create a Matagorda Madness Youtube slideshow. If you took pictures at our gathering I sure would love to get them so that I may use some of them for the slideshow. You can either just send me a few of your favorite ones via email, create a web album in Picasa(my favorite web album website) and send me a link, or send me a CD/DVD to my mailing address. If you need my mailing address send me an email. The quicker that I can gather all the photos as possible the quicker I can take some time to create the slideshow. If you decide to mail me a disk with your pictures please send me an email to give me a heads up that it is coming.

It has been a great ride and a pleasure to have brought the gathering Matagorda Madness to you all. Those of us that personally know Jackie Erikson realize that he will do an exceptional job in the future at the helm of Matagorda Madness. Jeanette and I will continue to be physically involved with the Madness and at a minimum digitally involved in all the other fiberglass RV gatherings here in Texas via our website FGRVG.com.

Once again thanks to all for your support of Matagorda Madness through the years, it has truly been a community effort and we couldn't have done it without you!

Sincerely,
Blair McClure

ps: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Attached Thumbnails
2011-12-04_09-43-48_510.jpg  
Old 12-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita
Thanks to Blair and Jeanette, and to Steve as well for 6 great Matagorda Madness gatherings. We've attended 4 of them (I think), and we've enjoyed them all rain or shine. We didn't see rain the whole week until we were within 80 miles of San Antonio on our way home.

A special thanks also to the Matagorda Madness version of ZZ Top who shared not only their musical talents, but their comedy with us as well on Friday evening. Pete, Larry and Don provided a great show.

And thanks to Jackie and Pam Erickson who have graciously agreed to take over as hosts for Matagorda Madness. We know that you'll do a great job, and I'll pledge Mary's and my support for anything you need.

Fred
frosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #7

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
Sorry to hear you are bowing out Blair, but we know it is a chore and it is good to have maybe a term limit to keep things exciting! We missed it this year as we had out-of-town guests, but will preplan for next year! Since this year was nice, I'm gonna bet next year will be a doozie! At least we now have a dog with a bigger bladder--so maybe no midnight pee runs while sleeting outside! Boy, that one was fun!!!! Can't wait to see the pics. Sure missed seeing the crazies who annually show up! See everyone in 2012! Let us know if we can be of any help. Don't be shy.
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #8

Sorry we missed you and Bill, Sandra... thanks for your support extension!