Desert Winter Warm Up - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2002, 08:39 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Desert Winter Warm Up

:) Hi Everyone. Finally have all the details for our Wonderful Winter Warmup in the Desert! February 13, check in: Out on 17th, or whenever you like if you care to stay longer!

A beautiful R.V. Resort in Indio, with pool, spa, club house, too many amenities to mention, and I reserved 20 spaces so far! They gave us 6 spaces for the Casitians with pets. We will all be together, kind of in a U shape arrangements. Full hookups with use of all amenities, $34.65 per unit per night, includes tax.

Things to Do: The National Date Festival starts February 16th, just down the street. Joshua Tree National Monument a few miles up the road, Palm Springs a few miles down the road. If you like wonderful entertainment............"THE FABULOUS PALM SPRINGS FOLLIES". (An absolute must if you want to see the show of a lifetime.) There is an afternoon matinee most days. Check it out on www.psfollies.com. Of course if you are a golfer, many golf courses to choose from plus a great municiple golf course right in Indio which is very affordable.

The weather in February is historically beautiful.

Reservations: All reservations must be made through me, Maggi Rudy.............. snoewht@aol.com
I have reserved 20 sites and can cancel or add up until the 13th of January. So get out your calendars, mark the dates, send me an e-mail ASAP! I have to collect all the money which can be paid directly to me. The only draw back is that is if you cancel, I will have to pay for your cancellation after Jan. 13th. This is a busy time of year and mos all RV parks are fully booked.

Basic Itinerary:
Welcome Feb. 13, Welcome Get together- wine, cheese and
snacks.
Feb. 14 Fiesta Feast sponsored by the park.$4 - $6
if you elect to attend. Open to all registered in
the park. Lots of good food!
Feb. 15 Our own Private Potluck and Party in the
clubhouse. White Elephant exchange!
Friday morning there is a funky but fun Date
Festival Parade in Old Town Indio!
Feb. 16 Attend the opening day of Date Festival if you
so desire.
Feb. 17 Travel to Joshua Tree National Monument for the
day, or stay as long as your hearts desire!

Of course all activities are optional, no pressure, bring a book, enjoy the sunshine, the pool, etc. and of course the company of all the wonderful other Casita owners!

There will be lots of fun things to do. A must is the 2nd White Elephant Gift Exchange, hopefully Dutch Oven Cooking lessons, open house for those wishing to exchange ideas and show off all your improvements, etc. on your Casitas, a possible maintenance info class and anything else your hearts desire!

Don't miss out! E-mail me ASAP and include your phone number and I will call you or e-mail you if you have any questions.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 11:28 AM   #2

:wave That still looks like it will work for us. I got you on my calendar.

Lori won’t be able to really do a Dutch Oven training like we are going to do at Lopez Lake in April though, sorry. Lori did say though that anyone that wants to bring their Dutch Oven she would give them personal tutoring and help fixing what ever they want for the pot luck.

Old 12-07-2002, 11:01 AM   #3

Winter Warm-Up

:wave Hi Maggi,
Bill and I will be there. That's our favorite stopping place in Indio. We won't be bringing the animals, just us.
Let us know re reservations, money, etc;
Darline

Old 12-07-2002, 11:36 AM   #4

warm up

Sounds like a nice get together. too bad it's all the way over in California.:)

You all have fun and take lots of pictures.:wave

Old 01-03-2003, 11:55 PM   #5

February Indio warmup

So far 6 - 7 Casita's will be there. A small group but boy will we have fun!

Coming the farthest are John and Ginger Olson from Hermosa, S.D.! Anxious to meet you John and Ginger!

For the rest of you, I need one nights deposit of $31.50 non refundable unless you cancel before January 13th which is coming up mighty fast!

I can only make reservations for those of you who send me this one nights space rent. Otherwise your's truly will be responsible if I just make blanket reservations. I have to give the resort a final count by the 13th of January along with another $100. I had to give a $50 deposit when I applied for the spaces.

So get to the post office guys and send in your deposit! It is so wonderful and WARM here! You don't know what you will miss if you don't join in the fun!

Old 01-04-2003, 12:04 AM   #6

Maggi,

Sorry I forgot to give you my deposit. What address should I send the deposit to?

Old 01-04-2003, 12:09 AM   #7

deposits for winter warmup

Send to Maggi Rudy:

*Edited by Rick*

Please email Maggi - and to do so - click on her profile.

No addresses or phone numbers should be made public!

(I hope you understand Maggi)

:)

Old 01-04-2003, 10:36 AM   #8

It's in the Mail

You heard that old saying, "It's in the mail"! See when you were here we forgot to give it to you. Will definitely mail it out. After this wonderful week there is no way we will miss out on the next campout.

Barbara and Charlie

Old 01-04-2003, 07:33 PM   #9

Michael wants to go camping

We just got home from Barbara and Charlie's great New Year's campout and got the Casita emptied and cleaned up, and Michael says to me, “OK, so where are we going next?”

I answered, “We're signed up to go to the Winter Warm-Up in Indio in February.”

He says, “But that's NEXT month; where are we going THIS month?”

I replied, “We do have several things happening on the weekends in January, such as your 60th birthday party.”

To which he replied, “I'm sure we have a least ONE weekend open, we can go then.”

OK,OK, we'll be headed for Refugio State Beach, near Santa Barbara, California, the last weekend of January. It's actually one of the best times of the year there; no reservations needed, weather usually clear, miles of bike trails, beautiful sunsets; I can hardly wait.

Lori (wife of webguy)

Old 01-04-2003, 07:40 PM   #10

Refugio

Are you taking your boogie board, Lori? Hows the surfing at Refugio? :wave

Old 01-04-2003, 07:54 PM   #11

Boogie board? No Way

Morgan,

Michael's got a wetsuit that would be just fine in that frigid water, but not me. I'll be staying out of the water and just enjoying sitting in the sun, watching the water. We may even see some whales this time of the year, heading south.

Old 01-05-2003, 02:51 PM   #12

winter warmup

don't get all tired out now you guys, and please Lori, at least make your cinnamon rolls.

Mike, happy birthday!

Old 01-05-2003, 06:21 PM   #13

Winter Warm-up

Hi Maggi and Wes,
The deposit check will go in the mail tomorrow. We have been so busy getting our rental ready (ad this weekend).
We can't wait to soak in that warm spa. Although we live in paradise, we're usually too busy to enjoy it. Isn't that a shame?:wave :wave

Old 01-06-2003, 10:05 PM   #14

winter warm up

Thanks Darline. I know about paradise and lack of time. Seems like we need to go off in our little Dwarf pulled by Snoewht to relax! Anxious to see you!

Old 01-06-2003, 10:13 PM   #15

Maggi,

Lori put our check in the mail today. Please let me know if you don’t get it.

We are looking forward to your desert Rally. Thanks for taking the lead and making all the arrangements. :kiss

Old 01-14-2003, 11:58 PM   #16

I found the National Date Festival.

Dates: Feb. 14-23, 2003

Old 01-21-2003, 10:16 PM   #17

desert warm up Feb 13-17

We now have 10 confirmed. I want to save a place for the Uptons and need their phone number. If anyone has it, please e-mail it to me, or Carol if you are reading this e-mail me your number. I am hoping Jim has his book about finished so you can make 11!

I am planning a welcome get-to-gether at around 4 - 5 PM on the 13th. Snacks, wine and cheese around the camp fire. We are bringing the fire pit. Then, Wes and I are serving a sphagetti dinner for you all. 9If it is too cool we will have you all to our house which is just a short distance from the resort. But we are planning on staying in our Casita for the 4 nights! Wouldn't miss the fun.

Friday the parade if you care to go. Queen Shaharazod? pardon the spelling, and her court on camels, music and just plain old fashioned fun in old town Indio.

Friday night: dinner at the resort for a very modest fee

Saturday: A good time to enjoy the sunshine, or attend the date festival, or visit Palm Springs, attend the Palm Springs Follies. Reservations will be needed for the follies so please contact (www.palmspringsfollies.com for reservations.)

Sunday and Monday : Open ............. Lots of things to see and do. Anzo Barrego State Park is a reasonable drive and very interesting. Hopefully some wild flowers might be in bloom. We could even do a picnic at Joshua Tree National Park which is also a short distance from Indio.

The Indian Canyons in Palm Springs for those who are inclined to hike and experience some beautiful back country.

The Living Desert in Palm Desert. A great place to see some very rare animals, take a desert hike, view Mountain Goats in their natural habitat, and much much more!

When you drive into the Resort, look to the right and you will see your space with your name on the post at your site. Our Casita will be there waiting for all her other little Casitas to come visit!

Wes and Maggi Rudy:wave

Old 01-21-2003, 10:23 PM   #18

desert warm up directions to Fiesta RV Resort

Better give you all directions!

From Interstate 10 take the Monroe Street exit south to Highway 111. Turn right (west) on Highway 111, drive to the 3rd stoplight which is Madison (not counting the stoplight at 111 and Monroe), turn right on Madison and the Resort is on the left side of the street about 1/2 block. Right next door to the Elks Club.

Old 01-22-2003, 07:36 AM   #19

Winter Warmup

Wes and Maggi,
Sounds wonderful, can hardly wait. We will be there with bells on!
:)

Old 01-22-2003, 08:27 AM   #20

winter warmup

:wave we would like to come down if it's not to late to sign up:sad