East Coast Fall Scramble? Any interest? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #21

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
To help with Eric question about reservations you make your own reservation and mention you are with a group, the group mane might be eggs or the persons name that organized it , sometime we get a group rate discount so defiantly mention it when making reservation.

Has a date a location been picked yet ?
catch ya later gators Al and Mac the spoiled rotten Kat
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:34 PM   #22

Trailer: 1972 MKP Grandesse T (made in Denmark)
It's on folks! Make your reservations for the weekend of 26-28 and lets have some fun! It should be a beautiful time of year!!!
Just tell the Country Waye folks you are with the Fiberglass RV group and she'll put us close together.

http://countrywaye.com/
Denise K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #23

Trailer: Gypsy 1979
Hi All, Looks like the scramble is on so count us in for sure. Would like to welcome Eric and Laura as well as anyone else new that wants to join the gathering. Last time in the Spring we had eight campers with fourteen people, two canines and one feline. Hope we get more this time.
All you folks that came before, please come this time if at all possible. We know schedules are problematic at times but hope to see everyone again.

Just contact the campground by phone or e-mail using Denises link above and tell them you are with fiberglass rv. group. By e-mail it takes a couple days to get confirmation. Bill and Syl
Bill Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:21 PM   #24

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Made reservations today. Count on another Scamp and two more people.
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:55 AM   #25

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
Just wanted to let everyone know that sadly Al and I will not be able to come to the fall gathering. Al's boss thinks 10 days vacation a year is MORE THAN enough!! OBVIOUSLY he does not own an egg!!!! SO, hopefully if you get together again in the spring we will be able to arrange it then!!
Eric and Laura, you will have a great time! These folks are wonderful !!!
Al & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #26

Hey everyone!

Well, DH and I will be returning from a Hawaiian cruise ( ) on the 24th, so camping on that weekend makes things a little tight schedule-wise for him. So instead of bringing DH I'll be accompanied by my DD (dear dog!) Murphy the corgi diva.

What I've decided to do is show up on Saturday late afternoon or possibly Sunday morning and stay until Monday. Hopefully I'll be able to see everyone before you all pull up stakes and leave.

See you all there!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:39 PM   #27

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 2002 Tundra TRD
Quote:
Hi All, Looks like the scramble is on so count us in for sure. Would like to welcome Eric and Laura as well as anyone else new that wants to join the gathering. Last time in the Spring we had eight campers with fourteen people, two canines and one feline. Hope we get more this time.
All you folks that came before, please come this time if at all possible. We know schedules are problematic at times but hope to see everyone again.

Just contact the campground by phone or e-mail using Denises link above and tell them you are with fiberglass rv. group. By e-mail it takes a couple days to get confirmation. Bill and Syl
HEY YOU OLD PICKERor is it strummer?oh well.. guess ya`ll will be seeing this old couple again, we will be comeing in thursday but must leave sun morn . we leave tomorrow for NJ/NY and will see you on the way back the25th. got to call camp now see ya;;;;;D&P
kerberdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:25 PM   #28

Trailer: Gypsy 1979
Hey D&P, Glad you folks are going to make it . Be good to see you again. S. and I will try to get there on friday around noon. Hopefully the Fall colors will be nice then and anyway we'll have a good time. Wine and cheese maybe? food for sure.
Anyone else that will be in the area please feel free to stop by and join us. The more the
better.
Eddie L. Glad you can make it. Think you will enjoy the group. Last time everyone brought a dish or whatever they wanted and no one went hungry. Plenty to do in the area, Luray Caverns and Skyline Drive. Also a flea market not too far away.

Denise, Should we try to reserve the pavilion again? At least for Sat. Bill
Bill Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Hey D&P, Glad you folks are going to make it . Be good to see you again. S. and I will try to get there on friday around noon. Hopefully the Fall colors will be nice then and anyway we'll have a good time. Wine and cheese maybe? food for sure.
Anyone else that will be in the area please feel free to stop by and join us. The more the
better.
Eddie L. Glad you can make it. Think you will enjoy the group. Last time everyone brought a dish or whatever they wanted and no one went hungry. Plenty to do in the area, Luray Caverns and Skyline Drive. Also a flea market not too far away.

Denise, Should we try to reserve the pavilion again? At least for Sat. Bill

Oops, I forgot! I will call her in the morning and reserve it for Saturday night!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Just wanted to let everyone know that sadly Al and I will not be able to come to the fall gathering. Al's boss thinks 10 days vacation a year is MORE THAN enough!! OBVIOUSLY he does not own an egg!!!! SO, hopefully if you get together again in the spring we will be able to arrange it then!!
Sorry to see you guys cant make it this fall,we probably wont see another U Hall like yours for a long long time.Hey don`t you all ever get sick and need alittle R&R tell the boss you dont feel to well and need a few days to recoup well we tried hope to see you in the spring Don& Pat....
Old 10-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #31

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
Oops, I forgot! I will call her in the morning and reserve it for Saturday night!

I have asked before, but didn't really understand the answer.....what do you DO together, as activities, when you meet...at the pavilian or otherwise? I'm asking so I can plan some kind of contribution....bring a dish, firewood, craft stuff, music, or whatever.

If all you do is hang out in lawn chairs, that's ok too. I'm good at that.
Laura K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:44 AM   #32

Quote:
I have asked before, but didn't really understand the answer.....what do you DO together, as activities, when you meet...at the pavilian or otherwise? I'm asking so I can plan some kind of contribution....bring a dish, firewood, craft stuff, music, or whatever.

If all you do is hang out in lawn chairs, that's ok too. I'm good at that.
Hey Laura, you pretty much got it all, especially the hanging out part! Actually, we really only plan a pot luck for Saturday night. Last time, we also did a sort of wine tasting, where everyone brought a bottle and some appetizers on Friday night. The winning wine by the way, was a twist cap 'Blue Hawaiian' Thunderbird or Boone's Farm or somesuch ,,, ... too funny

Anyway, we all sat around a campfire and listened to some very talented members play music and sing. It was fabulous. It is all very casual and seems to evolve on its own.

Check out our last Scramble:
East Coast Rally! IT'S HAPPENING!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:59 AM   #33

REMINDER:
Just talked with Shulamit at Country Waye campground.
She only has reservations from two or three others,

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CALL AND MAKE YOUR RESERVATION!!

Here's the number: 1-888-765-7222

Just tell them you are with the Fiberglass RV group and she'll put us all together.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:55 PM   #34

Quote:
REMINDER:
Just talked with Shulamit at Country Waye campground.
She only has reservations from two or three others,

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CALL AND MAKE YOUR RESERVATION!!

Here's the number: 1-888-765-7222

Just tell them you are with the Fiberglass RV group and she'll put us all together.
Hey ya'll! Made reservations yesterday, will be coming in the 25th. We'll bring wine and cheese for Friday night get-together and a dish for Saturday night potluck. Hope to see old and new friends.

Don and Pat
Old 10-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #35

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:

Hi Al and Donna, We're really sorry you couldn't make it to the fall get together. We sure will miss you. We had a lot of fun in the spring. Hope you can make it next time if we get together. Take Care. Dorothy & Bill
Dorothy Reihart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #36

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Quote:
Hey ya'll! Made reservations yesterday, will be coming in the 25th. We'll bring wine and cheese for Friday night get-together and a dish for Saturday night potluck. Hope to see old and new friends.

Don and Pat

Hi Gang!

We have fond memories of all the above, but with Florida in the spring, then Virginia; Emily, Yellowstone, Praire Egg Gathering and Edmonton in the summer; Fiddlefest and Algonquin Pari in the fall; we just have to let our wheels cool off for a while and catch up on our home work.

We know that you'll again have a great time.

Regards,

Diane & Des
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #37

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
Just wondering if anyone went to this Rally???
Al and I missed everyone!!!
Update please!!!
Al & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #38

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Where is fiddlefest? that sounds like fun!

Quote:
Hi Gang!
Fiddlefest and Algonquin Pari in the fall;
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:54 PM   #39

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Quote:
Where is fiddlefest? that sounds like fun!
Thanks for asking, Sheryl. Fiddlefest is a "Happening". Here is a description we wrote a while back:

Each Labour Day weekend the City of Pembroke, Ontario, hosts an Old Time Fiddling and Stepdancing Championship. For the week preceding, normally placid Riverside Park, with baseball diamonds, soccer fields and a beach on the historic and mighty Ottawa River, is transformed into "Fiddle Park".

More than 1300 RVs of every description are crammed and jammed into every nook and cranny. Somehow, temporary electricity and water lines are connected to most of them. The cost is $90. flat rate; for a day or for the week. Last year, the 31st Anniversary, we unearthed two Trilliums, a U-Haul and four Bolers (plus ours).

Electronic amplification is prohibited. Most of the campers return year after year with their violins, bass fiddles, guitars, banjos, mandolins, pianos (yes), tap shoes, etc. etc. and form like-minded groups in impromptu settings throughout the park. Music and dancing is heard and seen throughout the day and into the wee small hours. Many campers don't even manage to make the free shuttle bus to the downtown arena for the playdown competitions, but the competitors all seem to make it back to park for the jam sessions.
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote