"EIER"(Eggs) BAVARIAN STYLE - May 29-30, 2009 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All...We are reserved in Frankenmuth Jellystone Pk. Camp Resort 1339 Weiss St. Frankenmuth Mich. May 29-30 fri.sat.& poss. sun. Call 989-652-6668 to reserve and if you print their coupon off their web site you will get 50% off the second night!!! This is an impromptu get together so anyone wishing to join us is welcome. Tell them you are with the Stacey's and maybe we can be camped together!!!
Dust off the cobwebs and start the season with a stroll thru Michigans Bavaria. Shop at Bronners Christmas store, eat chicken at Zehenders or just enjoy the campgrounds.
We'd love to meet you
Alf& Mary Anne S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
Alf,

If I may suggest a very neat place to visit in Frankenmuth that is not on the main drag that you may find of interest?

I was born and raised in Saginaw, just up the road from Frankenmuth and after church on Sundays, my family would often take a ride out there for something to do (back when "going for a ride" was a cheap way to entertain a family!), as well as it's tradition every year that my sister takes her 7 grand kids (and myself) all to Bronner's to look at the displays, and pick out an ornament for our trees, then to the Bavarian Inn for dinner.

There's a Luthern Church west of town..ya can't miss it if you just look up..it's the tallest steeple around and can easily be seen from a distance. (Back behind Zehenders way) Anywho..

Across the street from this church, is what our family calls "The Pilgrim Cemetery" - actually it's an indian cemetery and where the first settlers of Frankenmuth are buried. There's a very neat log building there that was used as a church, school, and meeting place back in the late 1700-early 1800's. If you go, notice the short door frames of the building. Amazing how we've grown taller over the Centuries. There's a large rock that gives the history of how the Chippewa Indians came to the area and worked with the Germans to settle Frankenmuch, and other information about the small pox epidemic and how it effected Frankmuth back then.

Anyway..this is just a place "off the beaten path" that not many people know of..not a tourist trap - just a piece of German History. (With a maiden name like "Schmieder", you know I know about Frankenmuth!).

Wish I could make it that weekend as I do have to "go home" to visit family sometime this summer..

Enjoy your stay..just thought I'd make a suggestion on this cemetery, as it's my favorite place to visit when I'm in Frankenmuth!

"ein prosen, ein prosen"
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:03 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Carolyn...And thanks for the suggestion for the tour. When it was popular to go to Florida for March Break we used to take our children to Frankenmuth. Stayed in the Bavarian Inn...two swimming pools...play area etc etc. That was back when you could afford to stay in a Hotel. Now it's $165. a nite OUCH. Wish you could join us too!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote