Fall Rally in Cherokee, NC Oct 21 - 24, 2010 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe
Happy Holiday RV Village
http://www.happyholidayrv.com/?gclid=CKjK4...CFRRjnAodHTJ7Ww

Susan at 877-782-2765. sites 1-10 on the creek, the next row 207/217, the next row 306/316 they are all together.

Come camp with us

TomP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:22 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita
I'm in when you going to do this.......are they full hook up's
Emmitt G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #3

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Exclamation

We can't be there until Oct. 22 Is it still OK to join you as part of our continental tour?
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe
The dates are Oct 21-24
http://eggcampingclub.yuku.com/topic/550

come whenever you can get there

Come camp with us

TomP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #5

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Thanks Tom, we're already booked for Oct. 22 and looking forward to meeting all of you. The campground looks great, too!!
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Tom, I saw this on the Casita Club and am so pleased about the location and dates! I called and spoke with Janey and made my reservation. As of this evening she is saying sites 94 to some number in the low 100s have been reserved for the Egg Campers. Looks like a great place and I'm sure looking forward to meeting some of the folks I've seen on the forums.

Will this be listed on the casitafroum.com, too?
Jean Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #7

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Jean do you know what site you will be in? Ray and I are in site 103 made reservations today. Hope to see you there.
CindyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #8

Cindy, I was told #95, on the creek. Looks like a really nice park.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Clark View Post
Cindy, I was told #95, on the creek. Looks like a really nice park.
Jean sorry I haven't replied sooner My Father in Law is very sick(liver cancer)
so things have been put on the back burner but we are still planning on the Fall Rally I will have more info in a few days. Yes the park is pretty nice we are looking forward to this Rally:
Old 09-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #10

So sorry to hear about the cancer, Cindy. Of course family takes precedence. We campers are pretty self-sufficient and will enjoy the gathering whether or not there are things planned. Always fun to visit a new area and meet new people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyJ View Post
Jean sorry I haven't replied sooner My Father in Law is very sick(liver cancer)
so things have been put on the back burner but we are still planning on the Fall Rally I will have more info in a few days. Yes the park is pretty nice we are looking forward to this Rally:
Old 09-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #11

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP View Post
Happy Holiday RV Village
http://www.happyholidayrv.com/?gclid=CKjK4...CFRRjnAodHTJ7Ww

Susan at 877-782-2765. sites 1-10 on the creek, the next row 207/217, the next row 306/316 they are all together.
Hello Susan,

We camped years ago when the kids were young. Now we are "empty nesters" and seriously considering camping again. We were camping in large 25'-30' campers and towing with V8 G20 Chevy Van and got 8-10 mpg on a good day. Now we don't need that much room.

"Eggs" look like something we might enjoy, and can tow with our Honda Ridgeline, but rarely see any in our part of the country, (South of Atlanta). Absorbing everything we can from this web site. Would like to see the real thing and hopefully a variety of different makes and models. This gathering looks to be the closest to our house, about a 3-4 hour drive.

About how many FG campers do you expect to be there?
Are the folks generally willing to share information concerning their likes and dislikes of the various models?

Thanks,
Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #12

Kip, I'll be there with my 17' Casita SD model from the 21st to the 24th and will be happy to give you the "grand Tour" and answer questions. I just got back from a month long trip with it to Glacier & Yellowstone NPS, eastern WY and SD and had a great time with it and the folks I traveled with.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #13

Name: p@
Trailer: casita patriot
South Carolina
Registry
and i'll be there with my 13' casita patriot deluxe... tours will be available

p@
Old 10-01-2010, 04:48 AM   #14

Georgia
Replies

Thank you for the replies.

Will try my best to be there. If ya see an older guy driving a Silver Honda Ridgeline and looking lost. That would be me!
Old 10-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #15

Hey Kip in Ga Hope to see you there. There will be 16 campers at Happy Holiday. So you will have plenty to look at and everyone has there favorite. You will see great mods that we have all done to make these our own. We are going to have Pot Luck Sat and hope anyone who has a music instrument will bring it to play also storytelling too. I will post an agenda in a few day also. Hope to see you there and everyone else.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:36 AM   #16

Georgia
Smile

They have a nice web site. Looks to be a really picturesque (SP) campground.

Soco creek looks like it moves fairly good and will be making plenty of creek noises.

If I'm reading their map right, looks like most everybody will be camped on the creek with FHUs. That sets the mood for some serious sleeping with the creek noises and cool nights.

Last time we camped beside a creek was around 1996 or so. Very memorable.

Kip
Old 10-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #17

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post
Hello Susan,

We camped years ago when the kids were young. Now we are "empty nesters" and seriously considering camping again. We were camping in large 25'-30' campers and towing with V8 G20 Chevy Van and got 8-10 mpg on a good day. Now we don't need that much room.

"Eggs" look like something we might enjoy, and can tow with our Honda Ridgeline, but rarely see any in our part of the country, (South of Atlanta). Absorbing everything we can from this web site. Would like to see the real thing and hopefully a variety of different makes and models. This gathering looks to be the closest to our house, about a 3-4 hour drive.

About how many FG campers do you expect to be there?
Are the folks generally willing to share information concerning their likes and dislikes of the various models?

Thanks,
Kip
Hi Kip,
Unfortunately we can't make it to the NC gathering due to prior commitments but we're actually not too far from you, just west of Tyrone. We have a Scamp 16 footer with a side dinette if you ever need to see one close up.
We attended the Scamp Camp in Sebring FL in Feb and finally bought our Scamp (2005 model) a month after going to the Scamp Camp.

John and Marilyn
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:49 AM   #18

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Haggerty View Post
Hi Kip,
Unfortunately we can't make it to the NC gathering due to prior commitments but we're actually not too far from you, just west of Tyrone. We have a Scamp 16 footer with a side dinette if you ever need to see one close up.
We attended the Scamp Camp in Sebring FL in Feb and finally bought our Scamp (2005 model) a month after going to the Scamp Camp.

John and Marilyn
John,

Thank you for the offer.

I'm retired from IBM but work most Saturdays at Autrey's Armory, here in Fayetteville, 10AM-6 PM. Sundays is Church and then lunch with friends until 2 PM or so. Most other times I'm available. My cell is 770-378-8069.

Looking at the various floor plans, the side dinette appears to be the best choice for us. And 16'-17' the ideal length and weight. Our Honda Ridgeline, should be able to tow that comfortably.

Please give me a call so we can set up a meeting.

Thanks,
Kip
Old 10-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #19

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post
John,

Thank you for the offer.

I'm retired from IBM but work most Saturdays at Autrey's Armory, here in Fayetteville, 10AM-6 PM. Sundays is Church and then lunch with friends until 2 PM or so. Most other times I'm available. My cell is 770-378-8069.

Looking at the various floor plans, the side dinette appears to be the best choice for us. And 16'-17' the ideal length and weight. Our Honda Ridgeline, should be able to tow that comfortably.

Please give me a call so we can set up a meeting.

Thanks,
Kip
Kip,
I sent you an email. Your Ridgeline should do fine. I pull it with a Dodge Dakota, and have test-pulled it with my Subaru Outback 4 cylinder A/T and it pulled it fine too. I plan to modify the weight distribution to lower the tongue weight so I can pull it with my Subaru anytime (Outback is limited to a 200 lb tongue weight and my current tongue weight is over 300 lbs)

John
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:22 AM   #20

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Haggerty View Post
Kip,
I sent you an email. Your Ridgeline should do fine. I pull it with a Dodge Dakota, and have test-pulled it with my Subaru Outback 4 cylinder A/T and it pulled it fine too. I plan to modify the weight distribution to lower the tongue weight so I can pull it with my Subaru anytime (Outback is limited to a 200 lb tongue weight and my current tongue weight is over 300 lbs)

John
10-4

Thanks,
Kip