First Annual S.D. Egg Rally has been confirmed!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Posts: 336
All,

We need to plan some events...I have a fire ring, sometimes campfires are not allowed in the black hills. However, there is a large ring that we can reserve for Friday night. We can plan a SMORES event...or a weinie roast...and then do a potluck/dutch oven cookoff on Saturday. There is another rally at the campground at this time...should we issue a cookoff challenge? Any excellent cooks in the bunch?

Or...we can borrow an idea that Robin had, and have steaks on Friday night. What do you all think? We can also reserve the picnic shelter...

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Robin G's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Posts: 3,428
Pam 305 works for me! Thanks Robin




As far as a cook off....................... hmmmmmm........................... Please no dutch oven cook off, I have never even had mine out of the box! So I won't be able to help you all. A Pot Luck sounds great, but since we will be a small gathering how about everyone bring their own meat and a dish to share (sides).

As for maybe getting together with the other rally going on, we could invite them for smores or let me think on this a little. When Dh and I had the resort we did a scavenger hunt with the guests one year. Ran them all over the 20 acres and around the area. They had a great time and got competitive with other campers (all in good fun) on who was going to find all the clues. Not knowing the area up there it might be difficult but we might be able to pull it off anyway. We would need to get prizes for the winners but I think we should be able to work that out. Might have to get Hart Ranch to donate a 2 night stay or something!. hmmmmm let me think about this a little bit and see what I can come up with. Robin



Maybe even a ice cream social with them?
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Posts: 134
Quote:
What site would you like? Do you have a camping membership? (RPI or CC)
we are rpi, but we must wait to see how the "state of the state" is doing.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Posts: 336
Quote:
we are rpi, but we must wait to see how the "state of the state" is doing.
I think the rates for RPI are $8, (plus maybe that $2.50) they had some changes on the first of Jan. They said that you make your "reservation" with me, (to get your site no.) and then call them and tell them that you are with the rally.
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Posts: 336
Quote:
Pam 305 works for me! Thanks Robin




As far as a cook off....................... hmmmmmm........................... Please no dutch oven cook off, I have never even had mine out of the box! So I won't be able to help you all. A Pot Luck sounds great, but since we will be a small gathering how about everyone bring their own meat and a dish to share (sides).

As for maybe getting together with the other rally going on, we could invite them for smores or let me think on this a little. When Dh and I had the resort we did a scavenger hunt with the guests one year. Ran them all over the 20 acres and around the area. They had a great time and got competitive with other campers (all in good fun) on who was going to find all the clues. Not knowing the area up there it might be difficult but we might be able to pull it off anyway. We would need to get prizes for the winners but I think we should be able to work that out. Might have to get Hart Ranch to donate a 2 night stay or something!. hmmmmm let me think about this a little bit and see what I can come up with. Robin



Maybe even a ice cream social with them?
Oh come on, Robin...you have about 7 months to perfect that DO recipe! time to dust off the DO, take it out of the box...season it...

I got shelter 1 reserved from 4-11 on Saturday. Do you'll think that will be early enough, or would you like it for all day?

The campfire (the BIG one) is not reservable until April, but there is lots of room on a few of the sites. I have a propane fire ring, does anyone else?

The other rally is the "mile high trailblazers" you know...a scavanger hunt might be kind of fun...Any kids or pets coming? I am bringing my basset...
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Robin G's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Posts: 3,428
Pam, if I can get thru kitchen remodel I might give it a whirl. As for us, will for sure be bringing the fur babies. Two Doxies, One is getting to where it's day by day. But the other is a for sure. I think your timing is great. Some might want to explore the area during the day so that gives them time to do so. I think a camp fire in our sites would be ok, but see what others might think. I will have to check out what Mile High Trailblazer group is about. Might be a fun thing to do to get them involved in a scavenger hunt. Let me see what I can come up with. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Posts: 336
Quote:
Pam, if I can get thru kitchen remodel I might give it a whirl. As for us, will for sure be bringing the fur babies. Two Doxies, One is getting to where it's day by day. But the other is a for sure. I think your timing is great. Some might want to explore the area during the day so that gives them time to do so. I think a camp fire in our sites would be ok, but see what others might think. I will have to check out what Mile High Trailblazer group is about. Might be a fun thing to do to get them involved in a scavenger hunt. Let me see what I can come up with. Robin
On the thought that you had about a prize from Hart Ranch, They are looking at seeing whether or not they can donate a 2 or 3 day visit to the resort. They should get back to me in the next day or so.

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #28
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Posts: 16
Hi Pamela,

We are in the winter doldrums, so camping in SD at the end of Sept sounds great! We (Terry & Judy) would like site 303 (if it's not taken yet) from Sept 25 - Sept 28. We are not part of any groups you named, so let us know how & when to pay!
J&T Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Posts: 336
Ok...
So far, we have:

Pam and Dave site 350
Joe and Vivian site 331
Thom Rowland site 304
Robin site 305
Terry and Judy Jones site 303

Someone had mentioned going to the sales presentation, so I checked with Hart Ranch, and they said that they can't combine it with the rally, however, they could set one up before or after. If you do end up buying a membership, they would prorate your entire stay for the member rate of $2.50.



Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Bryan L.'s Avatar
 
Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Posts: 360
So, is 334 the only spot that allows dogs? Am I reading that correctly? I am not sure if we well be bringing our lab or not. Hopefully not, actually! Depending on the answer, I'll give you a spot number in the next day or so.
__________________
"The babbling that I brook." - Pink Floyd

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:10 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Posts: 336
Quote:
So, is 334 the only spot that allows dogs? Am I reading that correctly? I am not sure if we well be bringing our lab or not. Hopefully not, actually! Depending on the answer, I'll give you a spot number in the next day or so.
Bryan,

I was told that the whole lower area is welcome for dogs. So!! Come on down! Three of us so far have decided to bring them.

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #32
Member
 
Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Posts: 48
Quote:
Ok...
So far, we have:

Pam and Dave site 350
Joe and Vivian site 331
Thom Rowland site 304
Robin site 305
Terry and Judy Jones site 303

Someone had mentioned going to the sales presentation, so I checked with Hart Ranch, and they said that they can't combine it with the rally, however, they could set one up before or after. If you do end up buying a membership, they would prorate your entire stay for the member rate of $2.50.



Pam
David Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #33
Member
 
Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Posts: 48
We would like to reserve sites 332 and 333 for 9/25 -- 9/28. We'll park in one, (Sharon and David), and our friends, Jim and Connie who also have a fiberglass RV will take the other. Neither of us are members of other camping organizations. Please let us know how and when to pay for reservations. Looking forward to joining you!
David
David Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:21 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Robin G's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Posts: 3,428
Whoooo Hooooo, it's coming along Pam! Looks like fun. Dh and I will be there the whole time. Most likely I will drive up a few days ahead but will stay some where else. Got to get thru summer before I decide to much. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:54 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Posts: 336
Quote:
Whoooo Hooooo, it's coming along Pam! Looks like fun. Dh and I will be there the whole time. Most likely I will drive up a few days ahead but will stay some where else. Got to get thru summer before I decide to much. Robin
Robin,

I think Hart ranch will let you come down a few days before if you want to extend your stay. Its growing...trickle by trickle...

lets see...we have...

Pam and Dave site 350
Joe and Vivian site 331
Thom Rowland site 304
Robin site 305
Terry and Judy Jones site 303
Sharon and david site 332
Jim and Connie site 333

Don't let not having an rv stop you...cabins are also available.

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Name: lee
Trailer: trailswest campsterl, 1996 Scamp 16 foot
Idaho
Posts: 554
Pamela My wife and I, Norma and Lee Senn, are very interested in attending the September rally at Hart resort Ranch. We would like to reserve space one space either # 340, 341 or 350 if available, if not just pick a space for us. We will be arriving Sept 25 and leaving the 29th if those dates are available. Also how and who do we pay ? Thanks for your help. Lee and Norma Senn

Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Posts: 336
Quote:
Pamela My wife and I, Norma and Lee Senn, are very interested in attending the September rally at Hart resort Ranch. We would like to reserve space one space either # 340, 341 or 350 if available, if not just pick a space for us. We will be arriving Sept 25 and leaving the 29th if those dates are available. Also how and who do we pay ? Thanks for your help. Lee and Norma Senn

Lee, I am the coordinator for the event, just tell me which site you prefer. You will be paying me, once we determine if you have any club memberships or not. i will be paying the resort for the whole group. I think Hart lets you go two days before and two days after, so the 29th should be fine, but that will probably be paid to the resort for that day. They don't guarantee the same spot, but that late in the year, you are probably safe.

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Name: lee
Trailer: trailswest campsterl, 1996 Scamp 16 foot
Idaho
Posts: 554
Quote:
Lee, I am the coordinator for the event, just tell me which site you prefer. You will be paying me, once we determine if you have any club memberships or not. i will be paying the resort for the whole group. I think Hart lets you go two days before and two days after, so the 29th should be fine, but that will probably be paide to the resort for that day. They don't guarantee the same spot, but that late in the year, you are probably safe.

Pam
Pam We would like either space # 340,341 or 350 if one of these is available, if one of these is not available then your pick will be fine. As to club memberships we are AARP and Good Sam members . We will be bringing our dog if there is any additional charge. Thanks Lee Senn
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Thom Rowland's Avatar
 
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Posts: 152
Quote:
Okay, Everyone!! Its official! We are registered for the First annual S.D. Egg Rally from the 25th of September thru the 28th of September, 2009!! The map of sites is at:

http://www.hartranchresort.com/images/big_rv_map.pdf

We have available to us spaces 303-307 and 331-350. If we have more than 25 reservations, they can accomodate us, you just might be a bit separated. In order to reserve, I have to coordinate the event. Please PM me if you need phone numbers or addresses. Like with the other rallies, just post here what site you want, and then we will update it. Let me know if you are an RPI, CtC or hart ranch member. Those reservations are done thru the resort, but we still need to check you off on our site list.

The buffalo roundup is the 28th of September, in Custer state park. We will have to come up with
some ideas on activities...such as a DO cookoff or something as such. I will start the ball rolling: We will be in site 350! Next?
Pam,

Is it OK if I pass the information on this Rally over to the Yahoo Scamp Group?

Thom
Thom Rowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Posts: 336
Quote:
Pam,

Is it OK if I pass the information on this Rally over to the Yahoo Scamp Group?

Thom
Thom,

You bet! The more the merrier!

Also...recent list:

Pam and Dave site 350
Joe and Vivian site 331
Thom Rowland site 304
Robin site 305
Terry and Judy Jones site 303
Sharon and david site 332
Jim and Connie site 333
Norma and Lee Sen site 340
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eggcamper


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6th Annual Fiberglass Rally & Fish Fry Roy Bakehorn Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 35 05-25-2010 06:01 AM
Lake Casitas 8th Annual Rally CarolnJim Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 177 11-06-2009 04:00 PM
4th Annual Indiana Spring FG Rally Roy Bakehorn Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 22 05-20-2008 12:04 PM
2nd Annual Spring Spiff and Fix Rally Gina D. Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 83 04-22-2008 05:56 AM
3rd Annual Four Paws Campground Fiberglass Rally Terrance Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 3 04-14-2008 07:03 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.