Glass Eggers Nor West - May 28-30, 2010 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

This year the May event will be on the weekend of May 28th - 30th. Next year we will be on the May Long Weekend. The location is the Sons of Norway campground near Hatzic, about 10 minutes away from Mission. This is a great location for us and we have lots of room to expand with one provision; there are only about 28 sites with power and water - the rest have to boondock. I would like to reserve the sites with power for those who really need it so please keep that in mind when reserving. Sites are also not numbered and the boondocking sites are wherever you pull in on the field. I'm boondocking.

I'll post a map to the site and some pictures over the weekend and send a link once the pages are up. In the meantime rates are $25 per night for power (28 available) and $20 per night for boondocking. I'm keeping a list so let me know which nights and what type of site you want.

Craig Breckenridge
craig.breckenridge[at]shaw.ca
http://www.members.shaw.ca/craig.breckenridge/
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 72 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

This year the May event will be on the weekend of May 28th - 30th. Next year we will be on the May Long Weekend. The location is the Sons of Norway campground near Hatzic, about 10 minutes away from Mission. This is a great location for us and we have lots of room to expand with one provision; there are only about 28 sites with power and water - the rest have to boondock. I would like to reserve the sites with power for those who really need it so please keep that in mind when reserving. Sites are also not numbered and the boondocking sites are wherever you pull in on the field. I'm boondocking.

I'll post a map to the site and some pictures over the weekend and send a link once the pages are up. In the meantime rates are $25 per night for power (28 available) and $20 per night for boondocking. I'm keeping a list so let me know which nights and what type of site you want.

Craig Breckenridge
craig.breckenridge[at]shaw.ca
http://www.members.shaw.ca/craig.breckenridge/
I've updated the web site for the May 2010 meet. Please see the link below for more information.

http://members.shaw.ca/Glass.Eggs.Four/May2010.html
Craig Breckenridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Great job, thank you!!
Time to start trying to remember what needs to be done before El Guaco's first trip of the year
Danielle Doucette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #4

Registry
<span style="color:#FF0000"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">G U L P</span></span> NOW I guess we need to ask Carol IF she'd be so kind as to organize another one of her (almost) (semi)(world famous, well WOULD ya believe Fraser Valley famous?? LOL!!) POT LUCK Suppers and (maybe) a day to do this(??), probably Saturday evening????
Old 01-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #5

Registry
I just rechecked Craigs List (NO, not THAT one, LOL) and was amazed that there are ONLY 2 sites left with water/power. STILL there are MANY Many many sites left for those who enjoy boondocking!!

Carol, where are ya sweetie. I see you've registered....

A quick side note for those new comers on the list, I've asked Bunny n Charlotte to please bring more 'Event Shirts an Name Tags' for those of you who would like to acquire some momentos of this event....

I believe we are still looking for donations of 'new' items to be given away at our Saturday meeting. Anyone care to volunteer summin'???
Old 01-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #6

Registry
Last I ed there was ONLY but one site left with power/water!! LOOK at all those new faces.... man its gunna be a fun weekend!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler 1700 1978 (Neonex Clagary)
Hi everyone,
I read someplace that you usually hold two meets a year. So the first one is in May which I am not able to attend, could anyone please tell me when the other meet is held. I need to make plans to get off Vancouver Island to attend and get time off work if possible.
Lydia and Al
Lydia Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #8

Registry
Hi Lydia, 'USUALLY' group meets twice a year and these meetings were always [at] The Fort Campground in Ft. Langley. Due to our ever increasing participation numbers, the Fort deems that they can no longer accomodate us. This meant relocating our outings.

This coming meet [at] Sons Of Norway campground in May is our first venture at this venue. As of now (IMHO) its too early to speculate on a fall meet time/date. All this being said, in the past, we have met in spring (May) and fall (Sept) but because of our new venue, the fall meet date MAY be in the air. PLEASE stay tuned for further advice or contact Craig Breckenridge for possible fall meet dates....
Old 01-19-2010, 10:48 PM   #9

Registry
Thanks to Craig for getting this map to me to paste up here....!

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=....02708&z=15
Old 03-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #10

Registry
A 'quick' up date, we are up to 65 trailers and the event is STILL 85 's away!!
Old 03-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #11

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a guide to contact or a good place to fly fish near that location?
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #12

Registry
Brandy, I just made a longe distance call to the park (wouldn't a been longe distance IF I hadn't moved, LOL), spoke to a lady there about FLY fishing and she said HUH!!!! (...eh?).
She (prolly NOT being a sport fisherperson) didn't seem to know where to direct me (you) to go, except for fishing in the Fraser River which would prolly mean a 'fishing permit', readily available at most sporting good store. Thre is ONE in down town Mission, BTW!!!
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #13

Thank you Doug....no fly fishing in Canada Eh??? appreciate the long distance call, I'll keep checking around.

Quote:
Brandy, I just made a longe distance call to the park (wouldn't a been longe distance IF I hadn't moved, LOL), spoke to a lady there about FLY fishing and she said HUH!!!! (...eh?).
She (prolly NOT being a sport fisherperson) didn't seem to know where to direct me (you) to go, except for fishing in the Fraser River which would prolly mean a 'fishing permit', readily available at most sporting good store. Thre is ONE in down town Mission, BTW!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #14

Registry
I'm surprised too Brandy, there is a diference between fly fishin and SALMON fishin.

There's godda be some smaller lakes, creeks around than the Fraser, LOL????
Old 03-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #15

I can just picture you laughing to yourself....BUT you'd be surprised what I have caught... Once I snaged a bird mid air while flicking my line forwad just as a bird was zipping by, another time I hooked, with a nymph rig set up with a small #16 bead head midge (very small hook if your not fish lingo savy), and hooked into the eyelet of a fly rod stuck in the bottom of the river. An orvis rod with a galvin reel (oh about an $800 rod)..... and to sweeten the deal we found the owner in idaho and sent it back to him .....good karma has got to come out of that.

Quote:
I'm surprised too Brandy, there is a diference between fly fishin and SALMON fishin.

There's godda be some smaller lakes, creeks around than the Fraser, LOL????
Old 03-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #16

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Angry

Quote:
<span style="color:#FF0000"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">G U L P</span></span> NOW I guess we need to ask Carol IF she'd be so kind as to organize another one of her (almost) (semi)(world famous, well WOULD ya believe Fraser Valley famous?? LOL!!) POT LUCK Suppers and (maybe) a day to do this(??), probably Saturday evening????
Sorry Doug for slow response but was just a tab busy in the alpine with the Big O and para games.

Yes Saturday night will be the pot luck. Will post further on this later. I understand there is a full kitchen at the new location which should give people a few more options.
Long ways off so you have lots of time to think about what you might want to bring this time Doug as I assume there is no Pizza del'v at the new location! :-)

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #17

Registry
Many Kudos to you Carol an all the other Blue Jacket crew who helped make both series of games so special for so many.

I know of only 3 pizza places on Mission (of any quality!), but THE saving thing is that Michael's Restaurant (Deroche, closer than Mission) has a FAB weekend evening buffet!!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #18

Registry
Quote:
I can just picture you laughing to yourself....BUT you'd be surprised what I have caught... Once I snaged a bird mid air while flicking my line forwad just as a bird was zipping by, another time I hooked, with a nymph rig set up with a small #16 bead head midge (very small hook if your not fish lingo savy), and hooked into the eyelet of a fly rod stuck in the bottom of the river. An orvis rod with a galvin reel (oh about an $800 rod)..... and to sweeten the deal we found the owner in idaho and sent it back to him .....good karma has got to come out of that.
Wow, quite the anglerette you turned out to be, LOL!!
You'd be surprised to see the World Class Sturgeon that have been pulled outta The Fraser, especially in that area.... Now, about those fishy smelling hands, rotflybo!!!!
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #19

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Quote:
Old 03-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #20

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Talking

Quote:
Many Kudos to you Carol an all the other Blue Jacket crew who helped make both series of games so special for so many.

I know of only 3 pizza places on Mission (of any quality!), but THE saving thing is that Michael's Restaurant (Deroche, closer than Mission) has a FAB weekend evening buffet!!!!
Thanks Doug but it is me who should be saying thanks for the opportunity to do it! Canada Rocked it! It was a once in a life time experence with memories that will not fade as fast as the damage to my old body from being in ski boots for days on end or skiing in the dark with only a head lamp. How many people do you know that can say they know what the stars looked like at the top of Whistler at 3AM? Craig would have been in heaven! Most importantly though it gave me renewed energy to keep on vollying with the kids races. There is something about getting a personal thanks from someone smiling with a medal hanging around their neck that makes it worth the time.

Your not trying to tell me that even with our new start at a new location you still not going to cook are you????? Does Michael's del'v??? LOL
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote