Grand Marais, MN Gathering - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2008, 09:08 AM   #81

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Hi Karalyn,

Just talked to Samatha at Grand Marais. She said there will be no problem. A few of us might have to relocate but there is plenty of room (they will not fill up this weekend).

Yes, they did have flooding, but I think all is OK now. Hwy 61 was one lane for a few miles northeast of Grand Marais, but maybe it is already fixed.

I've been watching the weather forecast and I am optimistic that we will have a nice Saturday.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #82

Called the Sheriff's office for a road update. Hwy 61 is open 2 lanes. There is no problem for us towing trailers. The Gunflint trail is also open for anyone who wants to do a day trip.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Nancy
Old 06-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #83

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Iowa folks:

I am sitting here in Des Moines wondering if I am going to make it home to Oak Park on Thursday due to the flooding.

Here is a map that you can check out for road conditions: http://hb.511ia.org/main.jsf

Some folks left my conference early and could not make it home. They are from Cedar Falls.

CindyL
Old 06-10-2008, 06:50 PM   #84

Trailer: 2008 16 ft Scamp
Below is the link to a website for the local Grand Marais internet service provider and the Grand Marais RV Park where you will all be camping. You can find a lot of information for the area from this websites including the weather and area links.

www.boreal.org

http://www.grandmaraisrvparkandcampground.com/
Doris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #85

Report from the Road

Highway 61 – The North Shore Drive – is open and in good shape from Duluth to Grand Marais. There are places near Grand Marais where the recent rains have eroded culverts and ditches to the edge of the driving lanes.

Regular gas (on Tuesday) is $3.99 in Duluth and Two Harbors. It is $4.03 further up the shore.

If you have time, be sure to stop to see some of the many waterfalls along the North Shore on you way to Grand Marais. They are running very full and are spectacular!

See you at the Grand Marais Campground!
Old 06-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #86

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Weather forecast for the weekend
http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/int..._topnav_driving
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #87

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
If anyone is reading this that is at the campground this weekend, I missed it! TV trouble! Grrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!
I started out this morning for the big camp out. I got about 30 to 40 miles from home and had to come back because of car trouble. The car never caught fire but was smoking from under the hood, and had a burnt smell to it. I pulled off the road, let it cool and headed back to see my mechanic. By the time I got there the car was no longer smelling burnt, and it would not act up for him. I took vacation for the weekend, so went looking for a new TV this afternoon. They ARE high priced! Going looking again tomorrow.
I guess I was not meant to meet you all. Hopefully I will have a new TV for the Lanesboro gathering.
I should be parked in my camper enjoying a camp fire and meeting new friends tonight but instead I am sitting here at my computer.
You all have a great time!!!!
Karalyn

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:53 AM   #88

Trailer: 98 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
A big thank you to all that made the Grand Marais campout wonderful. Nancy and Joy for putting it together, Don, Ron and Pete for the music, Lyndon for the stew, everyone for the food and the smiles and Donna for arranging the tour of North House Folk School. The school was right next to the campgrounds. Yes it did rain a little every day.
Pat G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #89
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Got pics?

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #90

Trailer: 1992 13 ft Scamp

Here is a picture of the Happy Scampers from Grand Marais.
Attached Thumbnails
GM_2008__Entire_Group.JPG  
DianeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:05 PM   #91

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe
Quote:
A big thank you to all that made the Grand Marais campout wonderful. Nancy and Joy for putting it together, Don, Ron and Pete for the music, Lyndon for the stew, everyone for the food and the smiles and Donna for arranging the tour of North House Folk School.
My thoughts exactly, thanks to everyone who helped organize the Grand Marais gathering. It was our first Scamp Camp and we had a great time.

Thanks,

Pat, Joanne, and "Liz"
Pat J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #92

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks to everyone who put the gathering together. It was great meeting all of you and seeing how your Scamps are rigged. Very educational to these Newbies! Here are the photos of the photographers!

Jim and Nancy W
Attached Thumbnails
Photographers.jpg  
jwrobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #93

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Well Folks,

We had a great time at Grand Marais, MN this last weekend. There were 46 trailers and 1 tent. If I remember correctly there were 42 Scamps and 4 Casitas.

We had several early arrivals on Tuesday and Wednesday with the bulk of the group coming in on Thursday. Thursday evening Don Lattimer and Pete Peterson entertained us with their guitars etc.

Doris and Joy put on a couple urns of coffee at the recreation center Friday morning. One of our attendees made arrangements for us to tour the Old Folk School House in the afternoon. That evening Doris Lawson conducted the Card Bingo game after which we were entertained by Don, Pete and Ron Walker.

Saturday began again with coffee plus muffins that Nancy Hartman stirred up. We followed that with a group picture and then toured trailers. The afternoon was available for everyone to do what they pleased. In the evening we had a Pot Luck stew thanks to Lyndon Laney with some of the group adding vegetable etc to his brew. They group also brought a variety of side dishes to compliment Lyndon's stew. I hosted a drawing of items that were kindly donated by many. Doris again held the Card Bingo and then we were entertained by Pete and Don.

Sunday there was a mass exodus with about a dozen remaining. A half dozen stayed on through Monday.

From left to right is: Dave Parr, Merle Lilly and that's Nancys husband Fred helping me with my camera as I was holding Lily. Then Deb Miller or Jill Holmes(sorry can't remember who's who), then Jack Freed and I can't see or remember who's behind the camera on the right.

Joy

__,_._,___
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #94

Trailer: 1992 13 ft Scamp

Goes to Nancy for the useful, custom-sewn, swag bags for the gathering.
The effort and care shown in making the bags and filling them was impressive.

Diane & (Dave)
DianeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #95

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Ditto to the thank you's to all who worked so hard to make the Grand Marais gathering a success.
Deb Foster (not Deb Miller) & Jill Holmes
Debra F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #96

A few pictures from the Grand Marais Gathering have been posted at

http://web.mac.com/fhartman

Click on the Gathering Pics item at the top of the page to get to the pictures. Then, use the Start Slideshow button to see larger images.

I didn't get any pictures of the musicians, too busy enjoying the music. If someone did, can you post a picture? They made such wonderful music for us.

-Fred
Old 06-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #97

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Great pictures!
Debra F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #98

Sorry Deb, I bet there's a Deb Miller Scamp person somewhere.

Duh, Deb Miller was there. I just got the names wrong.

Here's a couple of pictures, a view from my front door, Doris calling card bingo and the gang.
Attached Thumbnails
109_4684.JPG   109_4696.JPG  

109_4724.JPG  
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 06-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #99

Here are the musicians entertaining us and Pete having fun.
Attached Thumbnails
109_4677.JPG   109_4707.JPG  

109_4720.JPG  
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 06-29-2008, 12:53 AM   #100

I forgot to mention Kudos to Dave Parr.

He held an impromptu local Geology course Friday morning during the 2 hours set aside for coffee get together. It was very interesting and informative. Fred, Nancy and I went looking for Thompsonite rocks which the area is known for. Later we had Dave peruse through our findings to make sure we had what we thought we had. He also identified other rocks we picked up.

Thanks again to Dave
2019 Ram Longhorn