Illinois Rally - May 18, 19, 20 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2007, 03:10 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Time to start organizing a rally open to all fiberglass campers. I have picked Lincoln Trail State Park in Marshall, IL for the weekend of May 18 & 19, leaving Sunday the 20th. We have met the last 2 years at Spring Mill State Park here in Indiana in May and some of us felt it was time to change locations.

Illinois does NOT have an on-line reservation system and Lincoln Trail does NOT take advanced reservations but I have talked to the folks at Lincoln Trail and they assured me that we should not have any problems getting in. The only time it is a problem, is on Holiday weekends.

Once I know how many are planning to attend (sometime around the first week of May), I will call Lincoln Trail and let them know and they will arrange it so that we are together.
Costs are $15 a night and NO park entrance fee!
Roy Bakehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:28 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Roy

Count me in. If someone would like to barter, I am willing to pay for someone sight in exchange for installing a max air vent cover.

Kevin
Kevin B Tierney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #3

Trailer: 17 ft 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Roy,
Sounds good. You are missing some nice weather here in Florida. Did ou order sunshine this year?
Kevin,
Bring your tools, your Air Maxx should be installed.
Jim Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:29 PM   #4

I just now noticed that I titled this thread Indiana Rally when it's going to be in IL.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:49 PM   #5

Also the web site for Lincoln Trail is: http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt...R3/LINCOLN.HTM
Old 01-31-2007, 08:26 PM   #6

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
I just now noticed that I titled this thread Indiana Rally when it's going to be in IL.
Sorry, I fixed my error.

I miss read it. I was trying to make it easy for folks in the area to find this Rally.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:34 AM   #7

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
The Bagos and I were talking about a Michigan site, but I suggested that Karen had sort of set up a tradition for the Indiana date. I guess I missread that. I'm still proposing a fall get together in Michigan, probably somewhere in the southernish western quarter.

In the meantime, I'm putting this on my schedule, pending the outcome of the cutbacks at Ford.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:55 AM   #8

Trailer: 84 13 ft Sunline (stickbuilt)
Quote:
The Bagos and I were talking about a Michigan site, but I suggested that Karen had sort of set up a tradition for the Indiana date. I guess I missread that. I'm still proposing a fall get together in Michigan, probably somewhere in the southernish western quarter.

In the meantime, I'm putting this on my schedule, pending the outcome of the cutbacks at Ford.

keep us posted on when and where... we are already west...and can be south.
Kevin & Georgetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #9

Trailer: 1985 Companion
Registry
Roy.........count us in of course. At least me. Maybe Bill, depending on work, or maybe my sister will come. But definitely me and the speckled pups.

Karen
Karen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:41 PM   #10

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Roy As of now...John and Fae plan on being there. (and of course Arnie also).
John J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:36 AM   #11

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 13 ft and 2003 Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17CB)
Fiberglass friends,
We will be returning to Wis. on that weekend,coming from Brown County and Sring Mill State Parks that weekend. We may swing by, depending on schedule . We hope to be there for at least Saturday night.
Tony and Darlene (mt_horebites)
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:53 PM   #12

Trailer: 1987 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Roy. We will definitely be there barring any unexpected problems. Burli is already pacing the house with a bad case of Hitch Itch. We hope to piggy-back this rally with the one in Nauvoo the following weekend.
Jim Bago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #13

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Roy, are you coming to Florida this year???????
Old 02-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #14

Bill,

I canceled my reservations at Rock Crusher due to an automobile accident I was involved in (not my fault). Gal that hit me had no insurance so my insurance co. paid my medical bills and money for my truck which was totaled. Even tho the settelment for my truck was fair, it cost me an additional $6,000 to replace it. Yes, I went from a 2000 Dakota to a 2004 Dakota but the point was, I didn't need another truck, so I now has a truck payment I was not counting on so that's why I canceled my Florida trip this year. I guess there is always next year.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:25 PM   #15

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Roy, Sorry to hear about that, hope to see you next year
Old 03-19-2007, 10:51 PM   #16

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Fiberglass friends,
We will be returning to Wis. on that weekend,coming from Brown County and Sring Mill State Parks that weekend. We may swing by, depending on schedule . We hope to be there for at least Saturday night.
Tony and Darlene (mt_horebites)
have they set the dates for mustard fest yet the wife and i want to come again this year buy want to find a area to camp for a couple days as well
Dan Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #17

I think we should have another fish fry again this year, what do you all think?
Old 04-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #18

Trailer: 1985 Companion
Registry
I was hoping you would say that !!!!!!

Karen
Karen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #19

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft

That would be GREAT, Last Years was so sucessful, I'm sure this years
would be just as good. If you need a head count, here two, Fae & John.

JJ
John J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:22 AM   #20

Trailer: 1996 Sportman 2300
Quote:
Time to start organizing a rally open to all fiberglass campers. I have picked Lincoln Trail State Park in Marshall, IL for the weekend of May 18 & 19, leaving Sunday the 20th. We have met the last 2 years at Spring Mill State Park here in Indiana in May and some of us felt it was time to change locations.

Illinois does NOT have an on-line reservation system and Lincoln Trail does NOT take advanced reservations but I have talked to the folks at Lincoln Trail and they assured me that we should not have any problems getting in. The only time it is a problem, is on Holiday weekends.

Once I know how many are planning to attend (sometime around the first week of May), I will call Lincoln Trail and let them know and they will arrange it so that we are together.
Costs are $15 a night and NO park entrance fee!

My wife and I just moved up from a tent to a Sportman 2300 camper. Parents did a lot of camping when I was young in a camper but I didn't pay much attention to most of the things they did. Now is the learning curve.

My wife and I are going camping close by on Mothers day weekend and invited the parent for the day (they cannot camp anymore due to knee surgeries). First time in the camper so my parents will probably guide us and laugh at us.

When it comes to going camping. My wife and I are wanting to do a lot more camping (since we now have air conditioning to get a good night sleep ) and would enjoy getting together as a group in the future. Even though we cannot do it on the 18th, we'll keep our eyes open for other dates you all are thinking of getting together.
Kevin Luce is offline   Reply With Quote