PA July 15-17, 2011: Mid-Atlantic/Pocono Egg Fest - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-15-2011, 04:03 AM   #81

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfar View Post
Also, if anyone plays instruments, I know my husband would love to jam. He plays guitar and fiddle. Jim, his name is Ed if you're making name tags.
Sue, I'm bringing my guitar. Jammin' with Jim would be fun.
Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #82

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrew View Post
Jim, great news! I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining abut the cost. I didn't even realize that there would be a discount until it was mentioned after I signed up.

Brandy and I are excited about meeting all you other "eggers" in the Poconos! We're spending two nights at Codorus state park near Hanover, PA this weekend. It looks like the weather is going to be beautiful!
That is about 30 minutes from me, gotta love that park. See you in about 4 more weeks.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #83

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron F View Post
Sue, I'm bringing my guitar. Jammin' with Jim would be fun.
Ron
You mean "Ed"- I have no jammin left, just pnuts.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:35 AM   #84

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Behind sites 130, 131, and I believe 129, they are extended. When I scoped out the CG I thought these would be great for our fire area, and pavillion place.

We have a 12x12 easy up and a folding table we can bring..so that makes two. We are camping in Ohiopyle state park this weekend, our final campout before the eggfest.

The pavillion in the campground is a pretty good distance from our camping area so making our own would be a better bet. The 50 amp pull thru sites are not far from our area and that may be the closest spot if all else is reserved.

Can't wait. I have some ideas for categories of awards for our Tour de Eggs time and will post them after this weekend.

Happy camping everyone

Don
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #85

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
We'll bring a table.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #86

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Hello everyone,
We have 5 more weeks to make reservations and get your Egg's cooking. I have a list of 17 attendees including Lil Snoozy, KOA has 19 reserved. So if we can do a little selling and get one more camper, we can qualify for a 20% discount. I'd like to make some name tags so here is my list, please let me know which 2 I'm missing. thanks.
#126 Marjie,#? Bruce&Mary,KBeale#125,RonF#127,JoeZ#130,Don#131,Ji m#132,Daral/Pat#137,Gail/Tom#134,Sue#138,Jerry#139,McBrew#141,JenB#123,Darl ene/Corky#142,Artspe#111,and Lil Snoozy and one other(Leatherwood). Seventeen is my count. Who am I missing?

We have gone missing without having gone camping. #124, Jack & Jean G

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #87

Name: Ann & Mike
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Delux
New York
Hello,
We are proud new owners of a 17 ft Casita and was wondering if there are anymore sites available for the Egg Fest as we were thinking of coming. If there are do we just call KOA?
Thanks
Ann & Mike
grammy46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #88

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Call the KOA - they should be able to get you close to the group. Oh goodie - another egg!!
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #89

NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy46 View Post
Hello,
We are proud new owners of a 17 ft Casita and was wondering if there are anymore sites available for the Egg Fest as we were thinking of coming. If there are do we just call KOA?
Thanks
Ann & Mike
Scotia? As in just the other side of Schenectady?? Hey neighbor!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:00 AM   #90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Hello everyone,
I'd like to make some name tags so here is my list, please let me know which 2 I'm missing. thanks.
Jim, We're Ron and Jane on 127. We can bring along a folding table as well for the pot-luck serving area.

Ron
Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #91

New York
Quote:
Scotia? As in just the other side of Schenectady?? Hey neighbor!
Yes! Scotia, the home of the new improved Scotia Cinema and the always delicious, but not necessarily healthy, Jumpin Jacks. We just registered for the EGG-CITING event, we will be on site 205. Driving down on Friday, staying until Monday. Mike, Ann, Toby
Attached Thumbnails
FirstSiteTexas.jpg   DeGrayLake.jpg  

ClaytorLake.jpg   NicksLake.jpg  

Old 06-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #92

NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy46 View Post
Yes! Scotia, the home of the new improved Scotia Cinema and the always delicious, but not necessarily healthy, Jumpin Jacks. We just registered for the EGG-CITING event, we will be on site 205. Driving down on Friday, staying until Monday. Mike, Ann, Toby
Haven't been to the Scotia Cinema in years, but LOVE Jumpin Jacks! If you're ever over our way you should try Dinosaur BBQ.

Looks like your egg was just hatched - you picked it up in Texas? Looking forward to meeting everyone. We'll be there Fri - Sun.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:48 AM   #93

New York
Quote:
Haven't been to the Scotia Cinema in years, but LOVE Jumpin Jacks! If you're ever over our way you should try Dinosaur BBQ.

Looks like your egg was just hatched - you picked it up in Texas? Looking forward to meeting everyone. We'll be there Fri - Sun.
Hi SPFAR,
Yes we did go to Texas to pick up the EGG. Picked it up on Apr 11, 2011.
Our son's dog, Toby (12+ years old) made the trip all 4200 miles (we did make a small side trip to Houston also).

Maybe you could tell me about the pot luck dinner, what to bring.

Bye for now Ann
Old 06-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #94

Pennsylvania
Registry
Welcome Ann, Jack and Jean and anyone else I might have overlooked.
I have a 10X10 Carefree popup canopy which I'll be bringing and I'm sure we can move some of the tables, so we can make our own mini pavilion. We will check out the area upon arrival. I was planning on bringing salads/greens for the pot luck on Saturday. There is a KOA pancake breakfast available at the cg.
We will have a registration/sign in to get your name tags/ and free gifts/ table when I get set up on Friday. I'm hoping to be there by 1 pm. I'm at site #132 - let's just hope for dry weather.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:13 AM   #95

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
This is fast approaching isnt it! My wifes last treatment is today and we'll be able to judge better by early week if we can attend.
we're hoping to be able to slip into one of the sites right there with the other eggs if so.
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #96

Pennsylvania
Registry
OK,
I just checked the latest weather for next weekend for KOA @ Souderton,Pa, the 15th - 17th, 80's on Friday, 90's on Sat/Sun with chance of thunderstorms. I also contact KOA and inquired about an ice cream social. On Saturday we were hoping to have a pot luck dinner and a "Tour d'Eggs" afterwards. KOA offer's an ice cream social where we would have to go to the office/pavilion and they would set up ice cream cones/sundae's with topping for $3 per person. I'm not sure I'd want to drive down to office for such. Since we have our own group and we can close down the road where we are and set up tents/tables in our area, I'm not sure everyone would want to "schlep" on down for this. I could bring some ice cream and if others volunteer to bring some ice cream and cones we could have our own "social" right where we are. I'd like to hear from others as to their preference. Thanks and keep thinking "No rain".
Maybe we could make it a "Local" ice cream where everyone brings some "Local" ice cream. We have Turkey Hill here in Pa. What about NY and Ct and De and NJ and Md- any local ice cream flavors-no Ben and Jerry's does not count as local but you can still bring some.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #97

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
The campground isn't quite enormous, is it? I don't mind at all walking over to the pavilion, assuming I'll also be walking around to use the showers, etc.

Looking at the campground map, it's hard to imagine the walk from our area to the pavilion being more than a hundred meters or so. I sort of like the idea of letting somebody else set this up for us so we don't have to worry about it.

Jim, thanks a million for doing so much to organize this!

I might be popping up to the KOA tomorrow, to use as HQ for some weekend exploring and wildlife photography around the Delaware State Forest.

I think we were considering a Bushkill Falls walk for...was it Saturday morning? I haven't actually been on that hike, but understand it's $10 per person - it sounds like a beautiful walk, certainly, with a bunch of nice waterfalls.

But in case folks want a no-cost option for a little hike, there is also a nice interpretive 3.5 mile trail at the Pocono Environmental Education Center just a little farther up 209 from Bushkill. It's got one waterfall off a little trail spur and it overall a very pleasant shady walk. Assuming this weekend's weather cooperates I'm also going to be checking out the Thunder Swamp trail in the state forest and can report back on that as another option.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #98

Pennsylvania
Registry
I nominate Jen to be our social director- Just kidding....but to answer your question
"The campground isn't quite enormous, is it? I don't mind at all walking over to the pavilion, assuming I'll also be walking around to use the showers, etc."

I can not tell the distance and it is hard to determine from the website. We do have showers located where we are so you do not need to go to the office.

I have no idea how far it is to the office, so please let me know your input on this.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #99

Registry
I'm ok with letting the folks at KOA put the ice cream social together. I just estimated the distance from our area to the office, using Google Earth and it looks to be less than 1000 ft. via the campground roads.

Also, although I would love to treat you all to some fine NH ice cream, it would be just a puddle by the time we got it down to PA. We don't have a freezer in our rig.

Ron
Old 07-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #100

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron F View Post
I'm ok with letting the folks at KOA put the ice cream social together. I just estimated the distance from our area to the office, using Google Earth and it looks to be less than 1000 ft. via the campground roads.

Also, although I would love to treat you all to some fine NH ice cream, it would be just a puddle by the time we got it down to PA. We don't have a freezer in our rig.

Ron
I think what you are really saying is that you would have to eat it before it got too soft, that was always my excuse.

Tags
eggcamper