WA June 8-10, 2012 Taidnapam Washington Gathering - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #81

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathGal View Post
Greetings from soggy Sharen & Simon,

So, as you might guess, I'm just missin' y'all and hopin' you won't get cold feet about this meetup,afer all we are a game and hardy group, yes? I't going to be damper than damp - bring your wellies, g'loshes, brellies, and nor'westers - and we'll somehow figure out how to have a good damn time. Pfffttttt!!!

See y'all soon.
Sharen & Simon & True
I'll still be there tomorrow around 2 pm (if I can get my work done first and get out of there). Rain only makes it more fun to huddle under a large pop-up cover and try and get the fire going with wet wood. At least we will all be warm and dry inside our our little eggs. Why don't you look into getting the pavillion for our Saturday evening gathering? (if no one else has it reserved)
Cathy
Old 06-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #82

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
I ran into Morton for provisions and saw a green Subaru pulling a little Scamp like trailer.

We just had a little thunder thing move through. The weather controllers are cruel. The sun was out, and I was about to go outside and putter about. Then a cloud came over and the gutters were overflowing. I call it a Frog Strangler.

I will still visit for a bit. I have a graduation party to go to also, but it is even closer to the campground than my house.

The sun is out again...must go.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #83

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
It's been (mostly) raining (pouring) in PDX. Everytime the sun came out I ran back and forth between the trailer/tug and the house getting it ready to go in the morning.

Wish I was already there!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #84

Name: Chris & Maureen
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Sorry we have not piped in sooner...
Maureen, Megan, Gypsy and I will be in site 269 arriving Friday evening and leaving Sunday. Rain or Shine (but hoping for more of the shine) we will be there with our newer Bigfoot.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #85

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Missing all of you - hoping you're having a sunny fun time. Cathy - will you be at Bandon, we can catch up there, if not let's hook up soon.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #86

Name: Robert
Trailer: 1985 scamp 13ft
Oregon
good people, good fun!

I had a great time on my first outing. Thank You!
Attached Thumbnails
_DSC1614.jpg   _DSC1612.jpg  

Old 06-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #87
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Good Time at WNOG Taidnapam this weekend.

Good Time at Taidnapam Tacoma Power Park. Weather was cold and wet Friday, Saturday was some sprinkles by potluck time it was sunny and cool, and Sunday was sunny and warm. It was free fishing weekend and some people did catch fish. Donna D. even came North to enjoy our State. About 20 Little Fiberglass Trailers came to the event. It was fun for all.
Chuck
Old 06-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #88

Robert is was so very nice of you to allow a bunch of strangers entry into your site for the potluck.

Great fun! Just wish the weather would have cooperated a bit better. But we all slept warm and dry, unlike those tent trailer folks. Campfires, good food and great people. What more could a person really ask for?

Until next time
Old 06-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #89

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Detrick View Post
Ditto Robert (although not MY first time). Deb and Donna, great hanging out with you. Chuck, thanks for the offer of bacon this morning. Smelling it was almost good enough.

Bandon is less than a month away. Hoping for sunny weather.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #90

Trailer: Escape 19 ft
Back in 2008, Casita Greg, aka Euphoria, asked why there are Oregon gatherings but none here in Washington. So Greg, the proud owner of a new Casita, being the guy that he is started the first ever Washington Get-Together. It was held at Grayland Beach State Park in late September 2008. Subsequent Get-Togethers were at Taidnapam Park in June, from 2009 to the recent 2012 Get-Together.

At this year's 2012 Get-Together potluck dinner, a couple told of their exploring the other City of Tacoma parks between Taidnapam and I-5 -- Mossyrock and Mayfield Lake. They did an excellent job. They suggested that these other parks should be considered for 2013's Get-Together as a change in scenery and, being closer to I-5, more convenient. All agreed that the 2013 Get-Together would be at Mayfield Lake Park.

The timing of the 2013 Get-Together was then brought up. Some suggested that the Get-Together be held a week earlier. The explanation was that we would not be in the same weekend during the free fishing weekend where no license was required to fish. However, this change would conflict with the Escape Rally.

As an Escape owner, moving the Get-Together up one week places me in a quandary as to which event I would attend. I must raise the question of why we need to change the timing of the Get-Together. I have a hard time understanding why free fishing should impact us. The fishermen and fisherwomen did not overrun the park. There were many open sites.

There were forum posting asking about the free fishing weekend hoping that it was true. Many of our Get-Together fiberglass trailer owners were also fishing. Our potluck dinner site host not only brought his Scamp but his fishing boat. And one lucky fiberglass trailer owner/fisherwomen, Barbara, caught her first ever fish. So why must we change to a non-free fishing weekend?

The Escape Rally was, in part, timed to fall in between our Memorial Day weekend and the Washington Get-Together. The proposed Get-Together change goes against this. Why? For fish? All the fiberglass events have established timing. You can almost set your watch from the Maryhill, Spring NOG, the Oregon Gathering at Bandon and the Fall NOG events. The NOG events change location but not the time. So shouldn't our Get-Together follow the same reasoning?

I would submit to all Washington Get-Together attendees that the time of this should be the first weekend after the first Monday in June. This is the State's designation of when the free fishing weekend occurs. By doing so, all the fishermen and fisherwomen could enjoy not only the chance to fish for free but also enjoy the Get-Together. And this would also allow Escape owners the opportunity to attend both the Escape Rally and the Washington Get-Together.

Comments, suggestions . . .

(posted on both fiberglassrv.com and casitaforum.com)
Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #91

Name: Kim & Luanna
Trailer: 2010 17Casita SD
Washington
Registry
The only reason I made the comment about Free Fishing Weekend was because of the possiblilty of campsites at Mayfield Lake getting snapped up in a hurry. There are only 55 sites at Mayfield (14 on the water) and 139 at Taidnapam. While it is true there were not a lot of fisherfolk in the new section of Taidnapam, the old section had a fishing rod leaning against nearly every camper. While I'm not sure the same fishing pressure is found on free weekend at Mayfield, the possibility exists and I didn't want us to get beat out of sites because of it. Hey, I'm pretty much a new guy on the block but as most of you can tell, I have embraced this "gathering" thing and enjoy the heck out it. It certainly isn't fair for just a couple of folks to make the decisions and this discussion is probably better to have now than immediately after loading up on one of the best potlucks I've attended in a long time. I believe the Free Fishing Weekend will be June 8 & 9th next year which means we have until October to come up with a plan. Maybe Taidnapam is the better spot because of the great bathrooms, the openness of the loops and the access to the fishing. Maybe a smaller less formal gathering Sunday and Monday at Mayfield after Taidnapam would work for those who want to extend things a bit.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #92

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Calling Mr. Robert Detrick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Detrick View Post
Robert,
Thanks, once again, for my fishing lesson and 'Borrowed Bait' (love alliteration using "BB"!).
I couldn't find a way to PM you directly...can you update your member info to include personal messages? At any rate, I would love to get the name and phone number for the friend of yours who might have SEWING SKILLS to trade for beach time and/or $$$.
Also, please give "Donny" a hug (that should overwhelm him!).
BB
(AKA: Barbara Buehler - gardencoach@live.com)
Old 06-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #93
Commercial Member

BB,
To send a private message to anyone just click on their name and you will see the option for a private message. Hope this helps!
Deb
Old 06-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #94

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Deb,
Didn't work for me. I went into Membership and there should be the pop-down with PM, etc on it, but in Robert's case, as well as in some others I couldn't get ANYTHING to correspond to. I think it may be that they don't want PM sent to them.
Usually, it's readily there and easy to work (click on). Hmmmm.
Good to see you, however briefly. You seemed to be deep in conversation and I didn't want to break in. Maybe at the Fall NOG. Or if you guys go camping inbetween, let me know and maybe I can join in. I am not going to Bandon but am up for smaller venues!
BB
Old 06-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #95

Trailer: Teardrop
Registry
I like the free fishing weekend too. My kids had a great time catching fish and ask if we could come back next year.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuehler View Post
Deb,
Didn't work for me. I went into Membership and there should be the pop-down with PM, etc on it, but in Robert's case, as well as in some others I couldn't get ANYTHING to correspond to. BB
It's there Barbara, you're just going about it the wrong way.
Attached Thumbnails
Robert.jpg  
Old 06-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #97

Trailer: Escape 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
The only reason I made the comment about Free Fishing Weekend was because of the possiblilty of campsites at Mayfield Lake getting snapped up in a hurry. There are only 55 sites at Mayfield (14 on the water) and 139 at Taidnapam. While it is true there were not a lot of fisherfolk in the new section of Taidnapam, the old section had a fishing rod leaning against nearly every camper. While I'm not sure the same fishing pressure is found on free weekend at Mayfield, the possibility exists and I didn't want us to get beat out of sites because of it. Hey, I'm pretty much a new guy on the block but as most of you can tell, I have embraced this "gathering" thing and enjoy the heck out it. It certainly isn't fair for just a couple of folks to make the decisions and this discussion is probably better to have now than immediately after loading up on one of the best potlucks I've attended in a long time. I believe the Free Fishing Weekend will be June 8 & 9th next year which means we have until October to come up with a plan. Maybe Taidnapam is the better spot because of the great bathrooms, the openness of the loops and the access to the fishing. Maybe a smaller less formal gathering Sunday and Monday at Mayfield after Taidnapam would work for those who want to extend things a bit.
==============================

The solution to getting a site is the same as what is done for the Oregon Gathering and the NOGs. Put in your reservation the first day that reservations are accepted. According to the City of Tacoma park web site, one can reserve a site nine months in advance. So for a June date you could book a reservation in the prior September. For example, to book June 7, 2013, you could make a reservation on September 7, 2012.

At the each Oregon event, an announcement is made of the first day to reserve a site for the next year's event. Also reminder posts are made to the various forums indicating that reservation can be made.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #98
Commercial Member

Donna,
Thanks for doing the tutorial for BB and others. You made it perfectly clear where I didn't.
Deb
Old 06-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #99

Name: Robert
Trailer: 1985 scamp 13ft
Oregon
I thought Tiadnapam was a great place to group camp. Yes things were spread out, but that makes a good morning walk. We could see almost everybody's camp at a turn of the head. Fishing was available on the foot bridge,no boat nessesary and Morton was only 5 miles away. We were there on free fishing weekend aPLUS and the larger camp ground is also a PLUS. Some people like us new bees might not be able to book a spot 9 months in advance.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #100

Name: Kim & Luanna
Trailer: 2010 17Casita SD
Washington
Registry
Slide Show

OK, so the guy with the camera was busy taking photos for a couple of days and here is the result. Hopefully I got a few of everybody and their campers. Sorry for some of the shots at the potluck of some of you with food in your mouths but that's the way it goes..... Good time, good friends & good fun. You may have to pause the video for a little while to let it load before watching the whole thing as the photos I used are original size. Enjoy.....
Closed Thread